|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
(a) That he had pink eyes
(b) That he had no skin
(c) That he had sharp teeth
(d) That he had claws
2. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) New clothes
(b) Plans of their days
(c) A swing
(d) Make up
3. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) Baby Suggs
(b) The schoolteacher's nephew's
4. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her friend
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her sister
5. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Drowned her
(b) Hung her
(c) Cut out her eyes
(d) Cut her throat
6. When do the footprints disappear?
(a) When they begin forgetting
(b) When it snows
(c) When it rains
(d) When people step in them
7. What does Morrison say the wind is?
(a) The beginnings of a bad storm
(b) Beloved's breath
(c) Just weather
(d) A floating spirit
8. What does Sethe decide about Beloved?
(a) That she is her enemy
(b) That she is a ghost
(c) That she is her daughter
(d) That she wants to kill her
9. Who does Paul D say he envies?
(a) A family of slaves that managed to stay together
(b) Stamp Paid
10. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he does not have a job
(b) Because he looks miserable
(c) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
(d) Because he is drinking in front of the church
11. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(a) Paul D
12. How does the chapter begin?
(a) Denver is dancing
(b) Sethe is telling Beloved a story
(c) Beloved is thinking to herself
(d) Beloved and Denver are deep into a conversation
13. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She started to resemble Sethe
(b) She became nasty
(c) She grew bigger and bigger
(d) She started acting like a baby
14. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
(a) Laughed at them
(b) Ran them off
(c) Killed them
(d) Tortured them
15. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(c) Mr. Garner's
(d) Baby Suggs's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
2. Where does Paul D work?
3. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
4. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
5. Why don't the party goers like Baby Suggs?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)