|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denver say she drank from Sethe's nipple?
(d) Beloved's blood
2. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(c) Mr. Bodwin
3. Whose face is that Beloved thinks she has lost?
(b) Baby Suggs's
4. What does Beloved remember a woman doing?
(a) Giving her a necklace
(c) Putting leaves in a basket
5. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they were afraid
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(d) Because they didn't like Sethe
6. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
(a) Strange voices
(b) A swirling wind
7. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(a) Paul D
8. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
(a) Because he is nervous
(b) Because he thinks Sethe is asleep
(c) Because he never has to knock at anyone else's door
(d) Because he has broken his knocking hand
9. How many people come to the party?
10. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(b) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
(c) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
(d) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
11. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her friend
(b) Her sister
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her cousin
12. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
(a) The Sheriff of Utah
(b) The Confederates
(c) A Slave Hunter
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
13. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he does not have a job
(b) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
(c) Because he looks miserable
(d) Because he is drinking in front of the church
14. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she circling around him
(b) To remind her to treat him like a human
(c) To remind her that she is not an animal
(d) To remind her that she can get tired
15. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To have fun
(b) To fight each other
(c) To make a dolls house
(d) To go outside
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morrison say Sethe, Denver, and Paul D forget Beloved?
2. Why did Paul D leave the Union army?
3. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
4. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
5. Who was the woman that Beloved saw putting leaves in a basket?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)