|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved say came to mix the men with the women?
(a) A storm
(b) A group of slave hunters
(c) A hurricaine
(d) A tornado
2. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
(b) Newspaper clippings
(c) Sad stories
3. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) Plans of their days
(b) Make up
(c) A swing
(d) New clothes
4. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
(b) The slaughterhouse owner
(c) The church minister
5. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
(b) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(c) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
(d) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
6. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
(a) A newspaper clipping about Sethe
(b) His scars
(c) A photo of his wife
(d) A letter from his children
7. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Cut out her eyes
(b) Cut her throat
(c) Hung her
(d) Drowned her
8. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
(a) Baby Suggs
9. What two characters does Beloved have separate conversations with in this chapter?
(a) Denver and Janey
(b) Denver and Sethe
(c) Paul D and Sethe
(d) Stamp Paid and Denver
10. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Six days
(b) Two days
(c) Eight days
(d) Four days
11. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
(a) Apple pies
(b) Blackberry pies
(c) Cherry pies
(d) Blueberry pies
12. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her friend
(b) Her cousin
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her sister
13. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because newspapers are always sensational
(b) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
(c) Because the headline says sensational
(d) Because it has Sethe's picture
14. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(b) Mr. Garner's
(c) Baby Suggs's
15. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(c) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(d) Baby Suggs
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people come to the party?
2. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
3. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
4. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
5. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)