|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at 124 at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The Sheriff
(c) Paul D
(d) Stamp Paid
2. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
(a) That he had pink eyes
(b) That he had sharp teeth
(c) That he had no skin
(d) That he had claws
3. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A preacher
(b) A peddlar
(c) Two children delivering shoes
4. What does Sethe decide about Beloved?
(a) That she is her daughter
(b) That she is her enemy
(c) That she is a ghost
(d) That she wants to kill her
5. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(d) Mr. Bodwin
6. How did Mr. Garner die?
(a) A stroke
(c) A broken heart
(d) A heart attack
7. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
(a) A newspaper clipping about Sethe
(b) His scars
(c) A photo of his wife
(d) A letter from his children
8. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
(a) The schoolteacher
(b) The Sheriff
(c) Mr. Garner
(d) Mrs. Garner
9. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he looks miserable
(b) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
(c) Because he does not have a job
(d) Because he is drinking in front of the church
10. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) A heart
(b) A diamond earring
(d) The face she lost
11. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
(a) If Beloved is her dead daughter
(b) If there was any other way
(c) If Sethe is crazy
(d) If Sethe really loved her children
12. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
(a) Newspaper clippings
(c) Sad stories
13. When do the footprints disappear?
(a) When people step in them
(b) When it snows
(c) When they begin forgetting
(d) When it rains
14. Who does Paul D say he envies?
(c) A family of slaves that managed to stay together
(d) Stamp Paid
15. What is the newspaper article about?
(a) Sethe getting married
(b) Sethe escaping from Sweet Home
(c) Sethe saving a drowning dog
(d) Sethe murdering her child
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
2. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
3. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
4. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
5. What does Beloved say came to mix the men with the women?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)