|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) A diamond earring
(c) A heart
(d) The face she lost
2. Why does Sethe think she does not have to explain anything to Beloved?
(a) Because she is her mother
(b) Because she is a ghost
(c) Because she came back under her own free will
(d) Because she tried to save her from a life of misery
3. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She started acting like a baby
(b) She started to resemble Sethe
(c) She became nasty
(d) She grew bigger and bigger
4. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
(b) Baby Suggs
5. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That she did not kill her child
(b) That the photo in the article was not of her
(c) Why she killed her child
(d) That she loves Paul D
6. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(b) For leaving his wife
(c) For killing his slave owner
(d) For knocking over a child on his horse
7. Why did Paul D leave the Union army?
(a) They would not give blackmen rifles
(b) He did nothing but cook and polish shoes
(c) They tortured blackmen
(d) They tried to hang him
8. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her sister
(c) Her friend
(d) Her cousin
9. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
(a) A church
(b) A store
(c) A restaurant
(d) A factory
10. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
(c) Stamp Paid
11. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she can get tired
(b) To remind her that she circling around him
(c) To remind her that she is not an animal
(d) To remind her to treat him like a human
12. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(c) Baby Suggs
13. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they didn't like Sethe
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they were afraid
(d) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
14. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
(a) Men without legs
(b) Men without arms
(d) Men without skin
15. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(b) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
(c) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
(d) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
2. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
3. Who meets Paul D at 124?
4. Why did Sethe get fired?
5. What does Denver say she drank from Sethe's nipple?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)