|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) The American Revolution
(b) The Boers War
(c) The Civil War
(d) World War One
2. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(b) Mr. Bodwin
3. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Why she killed her child
(b) That she did not kill her child
(c) That the photo in the article was not of her
(d) That she loves Paul D
4. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
(b) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
(c) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(d) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
5. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
(b) Men without arms
(c) Men without legs
(d) Men without skin
6. Who was the woman that Beloved saw putting leaves in a basket?
(b) Baby Suggs
7. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
(a) Blueberry pies
(b) Cherry pies
(c) Blackberry pies
(d) Apple pies
8. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
(b) The church minister
(d) The slaughterhouse owner
9. Where does Paul D work?
(a) A slaughterhouse
(b) A hospital
(c) A nursery
(d) A factory
10. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(b) Baby Suggs
(c) The schoolteacher's nephew's
11. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(a) Paul D
(c) Stamp Paid
(d) The Schoolteacher
12. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
(a) Standing on a bridge
(d) Climbing onto a roof
13. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) The face she lost
(b) A diamond earring
(d) A heart
14. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he does not have a job
(b) Because he looks miserable
(c) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
(d) Because he is drinking in front of the church
15. Who arrives to talk to Paul D?
(d) Stamp Paid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison say the wind is?
2. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
3. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
4. What does Sethe decide about Beloved?
5. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)