|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
(a) Blueberry pies
(b) Blackberry pies
(c) Cherry pies
(d) Apple pies
2. Where does Denver initially go for help?
(a) Lady Jones
(b) Stamp Paid
(c) Paul D
(d) The Bodwins
3. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
(d) Baby Suggs
4. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she circling around him
(b) To remind her that she can get tired
(c) To remind her that she is not an animal
(d) To remind her to treat him like a human
5. Who meets Paul D at 124?
(a) Stamp Paid
(c) Mr Bodwin
6. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) Beloved crying
(b) Paul D laughing
(c) A cat whining
(d) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
7. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
(b) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(c) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
(d) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
8. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For killing his slave owner
(b) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(c) For knocking over a child on his horse
(d) For leaving his wife
9. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
10. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) The Civil War
(b) The Boers War
(c) World War One
(d) The American Revolution
11. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
(c) Climbing onto a roof
(d) Standing on a bridge
12. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
13. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
(b) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(c) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
(d) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
14. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
(a) Leave the house
(c) Hit her
(d) Punch the wall
15. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
(a) Because she looks like Sethe
(b) Because she is the spitting image of her father
(c) Because of the scar on the back of her neck
(d) Because she has shown Sethe her birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
2. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
3. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
4. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
5. In what style is this chapter written?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)