|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
(a) Blackberry pies
(b) Cherry pies
(c) Blueberry pies
(d) Apple pies
2. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That the photo in the article was not of her
(b) Why she killed her child
(c) That she loves Paul D
(d) That she did not kill her child
3. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
4. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
(b) Mrs. Garner
(c) Baby Suggs
(d) The schoolteacher
5. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
(a) The sherriff and his wife
(b) The sherriff, the schoolteacher, and the schoolteacher's nephew
(c) The sherriff and his cousin
(d) Mr and Mrs Garner
6. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
(a) Because they had fun at Baby Suggs's house
(b) The pies were awful
(c) Sethe is not a nice person
(d) They were sent home too early
7. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(b) Mr. Bodwin
8. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Paul D
(b) The Sheriff
(c) Stamp Paid
(d) Baby Suggs
9. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In the woodshed
(b) In the barn
(c) In the cold house
(d) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
10. Where does Paul D work?
(a) A factory
(b) A slaughterhouse
(c) A nursery
(d) A hospital
11. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
(a) Laughed at them
(b) Ran them off
(c) Tortured them
(d) Killed them
12. How many people come to the party?
13. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) Baby Suggs
(c) The schoolteacher's nephew's
14. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To have fun
(b) To fight each other
(c) To go outside
(d) To make a dolls house
15. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) Paul D laughing
(b) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
(c) A cat whining
(d) Beloved crying
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
2. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
3. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
4. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
5. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)