|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
(a) Newspaper clippings
(b) Sad stories
2. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he does not have a job
(b) Because he looks miserable
(c) Because he is drinking in front of the church
(d) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
3. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(c) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(d) Baby Suggs
4. What has Sethe spent all her savings on?
(a) Party cakes
(b) Bits of ribbon and clothes for Beloved
(c) Diamond earrings for Beloved
(d) A wedding dress
5. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
(a) The sherriff, the schoolteacher, and the schoolteacher's nephew
(b) The sherriff and his wife
(c) Mr and Mrs Garner
(d) The sherriff and his cousin
6. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(a) The Schoolteacher
(c) Stamp Paid
(d) Paul D
7. How many people come to the party?
8. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
(b) Paul D laughing
(c) A cat whining
(d) Beloved crying
9. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(b) For killing his slave owner
(c) For knocking over a child on his horse
(d) For leaving his wife
10. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To go outside
(b) To make a dolls house
(c) To fight each other
(d) To have fun
11. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
(a) That she dies
(b) That she kills Beloved
(c) That she cuts off her head
(d) That she takes her up to heaven
12. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A peddlar
(b) A preacher
(c) Two children delivering shoes
13. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She started to resemble Sethe
(b) She became nasty
(c) She grew bigger and bigger
(d) She started acting like a baby
14. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
(a) Because she has shown Sethe her birth certificate.
(b) Because of the scar on the back of her neck
(c) Because she is the spitting image of her father
(d) Because she looks like Sethe
15. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
(a) Out of loyalty to Sethe
(b) Because Paul is too sensitive
(c) Because he doesn't think Paul will believe him
(d) Because Paul D keeps denying the photograph is of Sethe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved see in the water?
2. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
3. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
4. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
5. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)