|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A preacher
(c) A peddlar
(d) Two children delivering shoes
2. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(b) By dropping her from a great height
(c) By throwing her into the river
(d) By pouring boiling water over her
3. How many people come to the party?
4. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That she did not kill her child
(b) Why she killed her child
(c) That she loves Paul D
(d) That the photo in the article was not of her
5. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(a) Paul D
(c) The Schoolteacher
(d) Stamp Paid
6. Whose face is that Beloved thinks she has lost?
(b) Baby Suggs's
7. Where does Denver initially go for help?
(a) Stamp Paid
(b) Lady Jones
(c) The Bodwins
(d) Paul D
8. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(d) Paul D
9. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
(a) Because he doesn't think Paul will believe him
(b) Because Paul is too sensitive
(c) Because Paul D keeps denying the photograph is of Sethe
(d) Out of loyalty to Sethe
10. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Drowned her
(b) Cut out her eyes
(c) Cut her throat
(d) Hung her
11. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
(b) Stamp Paid
12. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she is not an animal
(b) To remind her that she can get tired
(c) To remind her to treat him like a human
(d) To remind her that she circling around him
13. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
(b) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(c) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
(d) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
14. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they were afraid
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(d) Because they didn't like Sethe
15. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For knocking over a child on his horse
(b) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(c) For leaving his wife
(d) For killing his slave owner
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
2. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
3. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
4. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
5. Where does Beloved's face occasionally appear?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)