|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter begin?
(a) Beloved and Denver are deep into a conversation
(b) Denver is dancing
(c) Beloved is thinking to herself
(d) Sethe is telling Beloved a story
2. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
(b) Climbing onto a roof
(c) Standing on a bridge
3. Why did Sethe get fired?
(a) She was consistently late
(b) She stopped going into work
(c) She threw a plate at a customer
(d) She did not smile
4. How many people come to the party?
5. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(b) For knocking over a child on his horse
(c) For killing his slave owner
(d) For leaving his wife
6. Why don't the party goers like Baby Suggs?
(a) Because she has an easy life by their standards
(b) She is an informer
(c) She murdered her children
(d) She sucked up to white folk
7. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
(b) Beloved's fingerprints
(c) Beloved's footprints
8. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
(a) Blues Row
(b) Plank Rd.
(c) Wood Street
(d) Bluestone Rd.
9. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
(a) Out of loyalty to Sethe
(b) Because he doesn't think Paul will believe him
(c) Because Paul D keeps denying the photograph is of Sethe
(d) Because Paul is too sensitive
10. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
(a) Mrs. Garner
(b) Mr. Garner
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The Sheriff
11. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
(a) The sherriff and his wife
(b) The sherriff, the schoolteacher, and the schoolteacher's nephew
(c) The sherriff and his cousin
(d) Mr and Mrs Garner
12. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
(a) A letter from his children
(b) His scars
(c) A photo of his wife
(d) A newspaper clipping about Sethe
13. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Hung her
(b) Cut her throat
(c) Drowned her
(d) Cut out her eyes
14. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she is not an animal
(b) To remind her that she can get tired
(c) To remind her to treat him like a human
(d) To remind her that she circling around him
15. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
(b) The church minister
(c) The slaughterhouse owner
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
2. In what style is this chapter written?
3. Who arrives to talk to Paul D?
4. How did Mr. Garner die?
5. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)