|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Garner die?
(a) A heart attack
(b) A stroke
(c) A broken heart
2. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) The Boers War
(b) The American Revolution
(c) World War One
(d) The Civil War
3. What does Sethe say that trying to kill her children prevented from happening?
(a) Her children's souls from dying.
(b) Her children being raped
(c) Her children having to see a white face
(d) Her children having to go back to Sweet Home
4. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) A heart
(b) The face she lost
(d) A diamond earring
5. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(b) By dropping her from a great height
(c) By throwing her into the river
(d) By pouring boiling water over her
6. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(d) Mr. Bodwin
7. How many people come to the party?
8. How does the chapter begin?
(a) Beloved is thinking to herself
(b) Denver is dancing
(c) Sethe is telling Beloved a story
(d) Beloved and Denver are deep into a conversation
9. Who meets Paul D at 124?
(c) Mr Bodwin
(d) Stamp Paid
10. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her cousin
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her sister
(d) Her friend
11. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they didn't like Sethe
(b) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(c) Because they were afraid
(d) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
12. What two characters does Beloved have separate conversations with in this chapter?
(a) Paul D and Sethe
(b) Stamp Paid and Denver
(c) Denver and Janey
(d) Denver and Sethe
13. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
(a) If Sethe is crazy
(b) If there was any other way
(c) If Sethe really loved her children
(d) If Beloved is her dead daughter
14. What does Beloved remember a woman doing?
(c) Putting leaves in a basket
(d) Giving her a necklace
15. Who does Denver believe is coming to see her?
(b) The schoolteacher
(c) Mrs. Garner
(d) Baby Suggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
2. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
3. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
4. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
5. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)