|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they didn't like Sethe
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they were afraid
(d) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
2. In what style is this chapter written?
(b) Stream of consciousness
(c) Second person
(d) Self reflexive
3. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) World War One
(b) The American Revolution
(c) The Boers War
(d) The Civil War
4. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) The face she lost
(b) A heart
(c) A diamond earring
5. Who captured him after he left the Union army?
(a) The Sheriff of Utah
(b) The Ku Klux Klan
(c) The Confederates
(d) A Slave Hunter
6. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By pouring boiling water over her
(b) By throwing her into the river
(c) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(d) By dropping her from a great height
7. Who meets Paul D at 124?
(a) Mr Bodwin
(c) Stamp Paid
8. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
(b) A swirling wind
(d) Strange voices
9. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
(a) Because they had fun at Baby Suggs's house
(b) Sethe is not a nice person
(c) The pies were awful
(d) They were sent home too early
10. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
(a) Climbing onto a roof
(b) Standing on a bridge
11. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
(a) Beloved's fingerprints
(d) Beloved's footprints
12. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
(a) Laughed at them
(b) Ran them off
(c) Killed them
(d) Tortured them
13. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Two days
(b) Six days
(c) Eight days
(d) Four days
14. What did Baby Suggs turn the outside kitchen into?
(a) A cold house
(b) A TV room
(c) A woodshed
(d) A store house
15. What does Morrison say the wind is?
(a) A floating spirit
(b) Beloved's breath
(c) The beginnings of a bad storm
(d) Just weather
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the footprints disappear?
2. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
3. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
4. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
5. Whose face is that Beloved thinks she has lost?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)