|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sethe decide about Beloved?
(a) That she is her enemy
(b) That she wants to kill her
(c) That she is a ghost
(d) That she is her daughter
2. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they didn't like Sethe
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(d) Because they were afraid
3. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because the headline says sensational
(b) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
(c) Because it has Sethe's picture
(d) Because newspapers are always sensational
4. How does Sethe know Beloved is her child?
(a) Because she has shown Sethe her birth certificate.
(b) Because she looks like Sethe
(c) Because she is the spitting image of her father
(d) Because of the scar on the back of her neck
5. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
(c) Beloved's footprints
(d) Beloved's fingerprints
6. Who comes back to 124 at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Stamp Paid
(b) Baby Suggs
(c) Paul D
(d) The Sheriff
7. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Six days
(b) Two days
(c) Four days
(d) Eight days
8. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her that she circling around him
(b) To remind her that she can get tired
(c) To remind her that she is not an animal
(d) To remind her to treat him like a human
9. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A store
(c) A factory
(d) A church
10. What does Paul D tell Stamp Paid he does not want to see anymore of?
(a) Sad stories
(b) Newspaper clippings
11. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) A swing
(b) Plans of their days
(c) New clothes
(d) Make up
12. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
(a) Sethe is not a nice person
(b) The pies were awful
(c) Because they had fun at Baby Suggs's house
(d) They were sent home too early
13. How did Mr. Garner die?
(a) A heart attack
(b) A broken heart
(d) A stroke
14. Where does Denver initially go for help?
(a) Stamp Paid
(b) The Bodwins
(c) Paul D
(d) Lady Jones
15. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) A cat whining
(b) Paul D laughing
(c) Beloved crying
(d) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
2. Who meets Paul D at 124?
3. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
4. Who was the woman that Beloved saw putting leaves in a basket?
5. Who does Stamp Paid say managed to punch Sethe and get her down?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)