|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
(c) Paul D
2. What does Sethe say that trying to kill her children prevented from happening?
(a) Her children having to see a white face
(b) Her children being raped
(c) Her children's souls from dying.
(d) Her children having to go back to Sweet Home
3. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
(a) Killed them
(b) Ran them off
(c) Laughed at them
(d) Tortured them
4. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That she did not kill her child
(b) That she loves Paul D
(c) That the photo in the article was not of her
(d) Why she killed her child
5. What did Baby Suggs turn the outside kitchen into?
(a) A cold house
(b) A woodshed
(c) A store house
(d) A TV room
6. How does Toni Morrison say people can cope with loneliness?
(a) By talking to oneself
(b) By rocking in the fetal position
(c) By socializing
(d) By living in the city
7. Why did Sethe get fired?
(a) She stopped going into work
(b) She threw a plate at a customer
(c) She was consistently late
(d) She did not smile
8. What does Morrison say the wind is?
(a) Beloved's breath
(b) A floating spirit
(c) The beginnings of a bad storm
(d) Just weather
9. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
(a) The schoolteacher's nephew's
(d) Baby Suggs
10. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
(a) To remind her to treat him like a human
(b) To remind her that she can get tired
(c) To remind her that she is not an animal
(d) To remind her that she circling around him
11. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(c) Baby Suggs's
(d) Mr. Garner's
12. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For telling Paul D about Sethe
(b) For leaving his wife
(c) For knocking over a child on his horse
(d) For killing his slave owner
13. Who does Paul D say he envies?
(c) A family of slaves that managed to stay together
(d) Stamp Paid
14. What does Beloved remember a woman doing?
(b) Giving her a necklace
(d) Putting leaves in a basket
15. What is the newspaper article about?
(a) Sethe saving a drowning dog
(b) Sethe getting married
(c) Sethe escaping from Sweet Home
(d) Sethe murdering her child
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
2. What has Sethe spent all her savings on?
3. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
4. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
5. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)