|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sometimes appears by the stream behind the house?
(b) Beloved's fingerprints
(c) Beloved's footprints
2. Who does Paul D say has offered him a place to stay?
(a) The slaughterhouse owner
(b) The church minister
3. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her friend
(c) Her sister
(d) Her cousin
4. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
(b) A swirling wind
(c) Strange voices
5. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
(a) Stamp Paid
6. Why are Sethe and Beloved trying to gather strength?
(a) To fight each other
(b) To go outside
(c) To make a dolls house
(d) To have fun
7. What sort of building is Paul D sitting outside of?
(a) A store
(b) A factory
(c) A restaurant
(d) A church
8. Why don't the party goers like Baby Suggs?
(a) Because she has an easy life by their standards
(b) She sucked up to white folk
(c) She is an informer
(d) She murdered her children
9. Who meets Paul D at 124?
(a) Stamp Paid
(b) Mr Bodwin
10. What is the newspaper article about?
(a) Sethe murdering her child
(b) Sethe escaping from Sweet Home
(c) Sethe getting married
(d) Sethe saving a drowning dog
11. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
(a) Blues Row
(b) Bluestone Rd.
(c) Plank Rd.
(d) Wood Street
12. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
(b) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
(c) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(d) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
13. What kind of men does Beloved remember bringing her food and water?
(a) Men without legs
(c) Men without arms
(d) Men without skin
14. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) Beloved crying
(b) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
(c) A cat whining
(d) Paul D laughing
15. Who does Stamp Paid say that Sethe tried to stab?
(b) Mr. Bodwin
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul D work?
2. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
3. Who does the man on the horse ask for?
4. When do the footprints disappear?
5. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)