|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because newspapers are always sensational
(b) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
(c) Because the headline says sensational
(d) Because it has Sethe's picture
2. What happened to Beloved when Sethe became thinner?
(a) She grew bigger and bigger
(b) She started to resemble Sethe
(c) She became nasty
(d) She started acting like a baby
3. What does Sethe make so she and Beloved can enjoy good times together?
(a) New clothes
(b) Make up
(c) A swing
(d) Plans of their days
4. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
(a) The sherriff and his wife
(b) The sherriff, the schoolteacher, and the schoolteacher's nephew
(c) The sherriff and his cousin
(d) Mr and Mrs Garner
5. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
(a) Punch the wall
(b) Leave the house
(d) Hit her
6. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In the barn
(b) In the woodshed
(c) In the cold house
(d) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
7. Who does Paul say badly abused the slaves at Sweet Home?
(a) Mr. Garner
(b) The schoolteacher
(c) Mrs. Garner
(d) The Sheriff
8. How many days does Stamp walk up to the house without knocking?
(a) Four days
(b) Six days
(c) Two days
(d) Eight days
9. Why don't the party goers like Baby Suggs?
(a) She sucked up to white folk
(b) She is an informer
(c) She murdered her children
(d) Because she has an easy life by their standards
10. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
11. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Cut her throat
(b) Cut out her eyes
(c) Hung her
(d) Drowned her
12. From whose point of view is this chapter written?
(d) Paul D
13. What does Beloved see in the water?
(a) A diamond earring
(b) A heart
(d) The face she lost
14. How does the chapter begin?
(a) Sethe is telling Beloved a story
(b) Denver is dancing
(c) Beloved is thinking to herself
(d) Beloved and Denver are deep into a conversation
15. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
(a) They were sent home too early
(b) Because they had fun at Baby Suggs's house
(c) Sethe is not a nice person
(d) The pies were awful
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
2. What does Stamp Paid show Paul D?
3. What can Stamp Paid hear around the house?
4. Where does the man on the horse say Judy lives?
5. Whose body does Stamp say he had to carry out of 124?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)