|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver used to play in her hiding place?
2. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
(a) Steal some money
(b) Secure a loan
(c) Find a job
(d) Make a few contacts for possible jobs
3. Who does Baby Suggs claim is the only bad luck in the world?
(a) Jewish people
(b) Arab people
(c) White people
(d) Black people
4. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 34 miles
(d) 100 miles
5. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
(a) On the sofa
(b) On the floor
(c) In the bath tub
(d) In Baby Suggs bed
6. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(b) That he want to leave her
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he doen't want to get a job
7. Who gave Sethe her diamond earrings?
(a) Mrs. Garner
(b) Baby Suggs
8. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(b) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(c) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
9. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Eight years
(b) Nine years
(c) Five years
(d) Ten years
10. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because it does not have any leaves
(b) Because trees are inviting
(c) Because trees blow in the wind
(d) Because trees are not red
11. Who do Sethe and Paul meet on the road when they are heading back to 124?
(d) Baby Suggs
12. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
(a) 20 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 18 years
(d) 2 years
13. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
14. Where does Paul D have sex with Beloved?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In the coldhouse
(c) In baby Suggs' bed
(d) In the storehouse
15. What is Beloved doing for Denver upstairs?
(a) Trying on clothes
(b) Showing her her scars
(d) Telling ghost stories
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
2. Where does the woman come out from?
3. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
4. What does Beloved say it is like where she comes from?
5. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)