|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman come out from?
(a) The woods
(b) The water
(c) A hole in the sky
(d) The ground
2. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their honesty
(b) Their work ethic
(c) Their humanity
(d) Their opinion
3. Where did Halle and Sethe used to have sex after they were married?
(a) In a cow shed
(b) In Mr. and Mrs. Garners bedroom.
(c) In a barn
(d) In a tree
4. What did Baby Suggs teach?
(a) That white men were evil
(b) That they were human beings
(c) That life was to live
(d) That everyone should be happy with their bodies
5. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(b) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(c) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
6. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A necklace
7. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
8. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She was hung
(b) She was imprisoned
(c) She ran away back to her homeland
(d) She married a slave owner
9. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) An escaped slave
(b) A ghost
(c) A prophet
(d) A mental patient
10. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For swearing at his slave owner
(b) For having sex with a white woman
(c) For killing cattle
(d) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
11. Where does Beloved work?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A factory
(c) A cafe
(d) A bar
12. Where does Paul D have sex with Beloved?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In the coldhouse
(c) In the storehouse
(d) In baby Suggs' bed
13. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he wants to marry her
(b) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(c) That he doen't want to get a job
(d) That he want to leave her
14. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He has always had a high voice
(b) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(c) He finds other men attractive
(d) He can't perform in bed
15. What does Sethe remember Baby Suggs telling her?
(a) To have children
(b) To get married
(c) To move back to her homeland
(d) To give up the war
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
2. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
3. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
4. What does the woman say her name is?
5. Who does Sethe think Beloved hates?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)