|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Beloved wants to give her attention to?
(a) Paul D
(d) Baby Suggs
2. How many of Baby Suggs' sons ran away?
3. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) On Christmas Day
(b) On Independence Day
(c) During the American Revolution
(d) During the Civil War
4. Who gave Sethe her diamond earrings?
(c) Mrs. Garner
(d) Baby Suggs
5. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A mental patient
(b) An escaped slave
(c) A prophet
(d) A ghost
6. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) If she can give her the tooth
(b) If she can make a wish
(c) If she is hurt
(d) To do it again
7. What does Denver decide not to tell her mother?
(a) Beloved is a murderer
(b) Beloved is trying to kill Paul
(c) Beloved's visits to Paul D in the coldhouse
(d) Beloved is a ghost
8. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
(a) Because he has a bicycle
(b) Because he is popular in town
(c) Because he is better looking
(d) Becasue he is taking Sethe's attention away
9. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He has fallen in love with Beloved
(b) He wants to have a child with her
(c) He wants to get married
(d) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
10. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her scar
(b) Her gold necklace
(c) Her diamond earrings
(d) Her wedding dress
11. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(b) He can't perform in bed
(c) He finds other men attractive
(d) He has always had a high voice
12. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
(a) He kills one of the guards
(b) He falls deathly ill
(c) It beins to snow
(d) It begins to rain
13. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
(a) She was a cook
(b) She played golf
(c) She was a preacher
(d) She was a house servant
14. What happens as Denver tells the story of her birth?
(a) Her mother begins to scream
(b) It comes alive before her eyes
(c) Beloved faints
(d) Beloved falls into a trance
15. What is the name of Sethe's dog?
(a) Here Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
2. Why could Paul not help his friend?
3. Where does Denver have a secret spot where she can hide?
4. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
5. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)