|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned Sweet Home?
(a) The Garners
(b) Baby Suggs
(d) The Fords
2. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He has always had a high voice
(b) He finds other men attractive
(c) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(d) He can't perform in bed
3. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their honesty
(b) Their humanity
(c) Their opinion
(d) Their work ethic
4. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(b) That he want to leave her
(c) That he doen't want to get a job
(d) That he wants to marry her
5. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He never gave her money.
(b) He did not show up to run away with her.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He mentally tortured her.
6. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A pair of shoes
(d) A necklace
7. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A prophet
(b) A ghost
(c) A mental patient
(d) An escaped slave
8. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
(a) To the cinema
(b) To a fun fair
(c) To a carnival
(d) To the theatre
9. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(b) She chokes
(c) She laughs
(d) She cries
10. What does Beloved ask Paul D?
(a) To leave the house
(b) To have sex with her
(c) To make her laugh
(d) To kill Sethe
11. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) On Christmas Day
(b) During the American Revolution
(c) On Independence Day
(d) During the Civil War
12. What does Denver want from Beloved?
(a) Her shoes
(b) Her earrings
(c) Her attention
(d) Her clothes
13. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
14. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) By shouting in their ears
(b) To the sound of rifles
(c) By pushing over the boxes
(d) By hitting them over the head
15. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves into town
(b) Making their slaves into men
(c) Allowing their slaves to marry
(d) Paying their slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
2. Who gave Denver her perfume?
3. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
4. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
5. What does Sethe remember Baby Suggs telling her?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)