|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
(a) 100 miles
(b) 34 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 5 miles
2. Where does Paul sleep at first?
(a) On a chair
(b) Under Sethe's bed
(c) In the bath tub
(d) On the floor
3. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) To do it again
(b) If she is hurt
(c) If she can give her the tooth
(d) If she can make a wish
4. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
(a) 20 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 18 years
(d) 5 years
5. What does the woman say her name is?
6. What does Beloved wonder about herself?
(a) If her tooth will grow back
(b) How old she is
(c) If she is really human
(d) How long she can stay together
7. What does Paul D think Beloved is doing to him?
(a) Moving him around the house
(b) Flirting with him
(c) Mentally torturing him
(d) Pushing him out
8. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He wants to get married
(b) He has fallen in love with Beloved
(c) He wants to have a child with her
(d) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
9. Who does Sethe think Beloved hates?
(a) Paul D
(b) Baby Suggs
10. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He finds other men attractive
(b) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(c) He has always had a high voice
(d) He can't perform in bed
11. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A prophet
(b) A mental patient
(c) A ghost
(d) An escaped slave
12. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She cries
(b) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(c) She laughs
(d) She chokes
13. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their humanity
(b) Their work ethic
(c) Their opinion
(d) Their honesty
14. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her slave owner's wrath
(b) Her mother's nagging
(c) Her brother's fear
(d) Her stepfather's abuse
15. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) During the Civil War
(b) During the American Revolution
(c) On Independence Day
(d) On Christmas Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denver want from Beloved?
2. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
3. What does Beloved say it is like where she comes from?
4. How long did the man say he would spend chiseling Sethe's daughters gravestone until he would charge for it?
5. Why does Sethe remember Howard?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)