Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She married a slave owner
(b) She was imprisoned
(c) She ran away back to her homeland
(d) She was hung
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
(a) She asks if she can have a holiday
(b) Because she asks if she can have a wedding
(c) She falls pregnant
(d) She falls and breaks her leg
3. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She is offended
(b) She laughs
(c) She cries
(d) She screams
4. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
(c) Baby Suggs
5. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
(a) On the floor
(b) In Baby Suggs bed
(c) In the bath tub
(d) On the sofa
6. Who do Sethe and Paul meet on the road when they are heading back to 124?
(b) Baby Suggs
7. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He can't perform in bed
(b) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(c) He has always had a high voice
(d) He finds other men attractive
8. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) He falls deathly ill
(c) He kills one of the guards
(d) It beins to snow
9. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her wedding dress
(b) Her gold necklace
(c) Her diamond earrings
(d) Her scar
10. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
(a) Make a few contacts for possible jobs
(b) Secure a loan
(c) Find a job
(d) Steal some money
11. Where does Paul D have sex with Beloved?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In the coldhouse
(c) In the storehouse
(d) In baby Suggs' bed
12. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
13. What is the address of Sethe's house?
(a) 124 Orangeskies Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio
(b) 124 Bluestone Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio
(c) 124 Bluemoon Rd, Charlottesville, Ohio
(d) 135 Rhode Way, Cincinnati, Ohio
14. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves to marry
(b) Paying their slaves
(c) Allowing their slaves into town
(d) Making their slaves into men
15. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
(a) She was a house servant
(b) She played golf
(c) She was a preacher
(d) She was a cook
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
2. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
3. Why could Paul not help his friend?
4. Why is Sethe angry with Paul D?
5. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)