|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
(a) Becasue he is taking Sethe's attention away
(b) Because he is popular in town
(c) Because he has a bicycle
(d) Because he is better looking
2. Who owned Sweet Home?
(a) The Fords
(b) The Garners
(c) Baby Suggs
3. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
(c) Baby Suggs
4. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because it does not have any leaves
(b) Because trees are not red
(c) Because trees blow in the wind
(d) Because trees are inviting
5. What does Beloved say it is like where she comes from?
6. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
(a) She was a house servant
(b) She was a preacher
(c) She played golf
(d) She was a cook
7. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She married a slave owner
(b) She was hung
(c) She was imprisoned
(d) She ran away back to her homeland
8. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(b) He has always had a high voice
(c) He can't perform in bed
(d) He finds other men attractive
9. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
10. What did Halle smear on his face?
(c) Horse dung
11. Who does Denver think Beloved is?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Baby Suggs
(c) A prophet
(d) Her dead sister
12. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
(a) Mr. Garner
13. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
(a) That they weren't men
(b) That they were free
(c) That they were tigers
(d) That they may as well be dead
14. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She screams
(b) She cries
(c) She laughs
(d) She is offended
15. What did Denver used to play in her hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
2. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
3. What did Baby Suggs teach?
4. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
5. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)