|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baby Suggs claim is the only bad luck in the world?
(a) White people
(b) Arab people
(c) Black people
(d) Jewish people
2. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
(a) That they may as well be dead
(b) That they were tigers
(c) That they were free
(d) That they weren't men
3. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) It beins to snow
(c) He kills one of the guards
(d) He falls deathly ill
4. What is the name of the man that Sethe chose to marry?
(a) Paul A
(d) Paul F
5. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) New York
6. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
7. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) On Independence Day
(b) During the American Revolution
(c) During the Civil War
(d) On Christmas Day
8. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She married a slave owner
(b) She ran away back to her homeland
(c) She was imprisoned
(d) She was hung
9. What is the name of Sethe's dog?
(d) Here Boy
10. Where did Baby Suggs go to preach?
(a) A church
(b) A friend's house
(c) A barn
(d) A clearing
11. Who owned Sweet Home?
(a) The Fords
(c) Baby Suggs
(d) The Garners
12. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(b) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(c) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
13. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
14. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A mental patient
(b) A ghost
(c) An escaped slave
(d) A prophet
15. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
(b) A necklace
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A bracelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
2. Where does Paul D have sex with Beloved?
3. What did Baby Suggs teach?
4. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
5. What does Sethe remember Baby Suggs telling her?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)