|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She faints
(b) She screams
(c) She vomits
(d) She runs to the outhouse
2. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
(a) A white dress
(b) A black dress
(c) A Spirit
(d) A ghost
3. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) During the Civil War
(b) On Independence Day
(c) On Christmas Day
(d) During the American Revolution
4. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
5. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a graveyard
(b) In a barn
(c) Under a tree
(d) In a shed
6. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
(d) New York
7. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her scar
(b) Her gold necklace
(c) Her diamond earrings
(d) Her wedding dress
8. What does the woman say her name is?
9. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
10. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A prophet
(b) A mental patient
(c) An escaped slave
(d) A ghost
11. Why is Sethe angry with Paul D?
(a) Because he has cast out the ghost
(b) Because he does not like her scar
(c) Because he was disppointing in bed
(d) Because he has no money
12. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he doen't want to get a job
(b) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he want to leave her
13. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He wants to have a child with her
(b) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
(c) He has fallen in love with Beloved
(d) He wants to get married
14. Where does Beloved work?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A bar
(c) A factory
(d) A cafe
15. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
(a) Baby Suggs
(b) Paul D
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
2. Why are Denver and Sethe so surprised that the woman is called Beloved?
3. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
4. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
5. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)