|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Baby Suggs go to preach?
(a) A clearing
(b) A barn
(c) A church
(d) A friend's house
2. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) During the American Revolution
(b) During the Civil War
(c) On Christmas Day
(d) On Independence Day
3. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
(a) To the cinema
(b) To the theatre
(c) To a fun fair
(d) To a carnival
4. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her brother's fear
(b) Her stepfather's abuse
(c) Her mother's nagging
(d) Her slave owner's wrath
5. What happened to Sethe's mother?
(a) She married a slave owner
(b) She was hung
(c) She was imprisoned
(d) She ran away back to her homeland
6. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
(d) Mr. Garner
7. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He mentally tortured her.
(b) He did not show up to run away with her.
(c) He never gave her money.
(d) He beat her.
8. Why is Sethe angry with Paul D?
(a) Because he was disppointing in bed
(b) Because he has cast out the ghost
(c) Because he has no money
(d) Because he does not like her scar
9. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She chokes
(b) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(c) She laughs
(d) She cries
10. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he wants to marry her
(b) That he doen't want to get a job
(c) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(d) That he want to leave her
11. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
(a) They had sex with each other.
(b) They had sex with calves.
(c) They had sex with sheep.
(d) They visited prostitutes.
12. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Five years
(b) Eight years
(c) Nine years
(d) Ten years
13. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
14. Who is Beloved fascinated by?
(b) Paul D
(d) Baby Suggs
15. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
(a) To do it again
(b) If she is hurt
(c) If she can give her the tooth
(d) If she can make a wish
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
2. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
3. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
4. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
5. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)