|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
(b) Mrs. Garner
(d) Baby Suggs
2. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
(a) Becasue he is taking Sethe's attention away
(b) Because he has a bicycle
(c) Because he is better looking
(d) Because he is popular in town
3. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
(b) For killing cattle
(c) For having sex with a white woman
(d) For swearing at his slave owner
4. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
(b) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
(c) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(d) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
5. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he want to leave her
(b) That he wants to marry her
(c) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(d) That he doen't want to get a job
6. What does the woman say her name is?
7. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
(a) She pulls out a tooth
(b) She takes out an eye
(c) She pulls off a finger nail
(d) She removes her hair
8. What does Sethe think happened to Beloved?
(a) She was impregnated by a white man
(b) She ran away from her owner
(c) She was imprisoned
(d) She was locked up by a white man
9. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
(a) Make a few contacts for possible jobs
(b) Steal some money
(c) Secure a loan
(d) Find a job
10. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She laughs
(b) She cries
(c) She chokes
(d) She slaps Denver across the cheek
11. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
12. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
(a) Sweet Home
(b) Peace and Understanding
(c) All You Need
(d) Home Comfort
13. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Five years
(b) Eight years
(c) Nine years
(d) Ten years
14. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
(a) She was a house servant
(b) She was a preacher
(c) She was a cook
(d) She played golf
15. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves to marry
(b) Paying their slaves
(c) Allowing their slaves into town
(d) Making their slaves into men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
2. What is Beloved doing for Denver upstairs?
3. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
4. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
5. How many of Baby Suggs' sons ran away?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)