|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(b) In the cold house
(c) In the woodshed
(d) In the barn
2. Why are Denver and Sethe so surprised that the woman is called Beloved?
(a) Because it is a white person's name
(b) Because it is the name of Sethe's dead daughter
(c) Because they did not think Beloved was a real name
(d) Because it was Sethe's name when she was at the plantation
3. What is the newspaper article about?
(a) Sethe escaping from Sweet Home
(b) Sethe saving a drowning dog
(c) Sethe murdering her child
(d) Sethe getting married
4. Who gave Denver her perfume?
(a) Miss Bodwin
(c) Paul D
(d) Baby Suggs
5. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because trees are inviting
(b) Because trees are not red
(c) Because it does not have any leaves
(d) Because trees blow in the wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved see in the water?
2. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
3. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
4. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
5. Why is Sethe angry with Paul D?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)