|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
(b) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
(c) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(d) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
2. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
(a) If there was any other way
(b) If Beloved is her dead daughter
(c) If Sethe really loved her children
(d) If Sethe is crazy
3. Why does the man chastise Paul D?
(a) Because he looks miserable
(b) Because he is drinking in front of the church
(c) Because he is a black man in a white neighborhood
(d) Because he does not have a job
4. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
(c) Standing on a bridge
(d) Climbing onto a roof
5. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
(a) Beloved, Sethe and Stamp Paid
(b) Beloved, Stamp Paid and Paul D
(c) Beloved, Denver and Paul D
(d) Beloved, Denver and Sethe
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
2. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
3. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
4. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
5. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)