|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because it does not have any leaves
(b) Because trees are not red
(c) Because trees blow in the wind
(d) Because trees are inviting
2. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On the grass
(b) On the porch
(c) On a stump outside the house
(d) On Sethe's bed
3. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A peddlar
(b) A preacher
(c) Two children delivering shoes
4. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(a) Mr. Garner's
(d) Baby Suggs's
5. Where did Baby Suggs go to preach?
(a) A friend's house
(b) A barn
(c) A clearing
(d) A church
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Sethe chose to marry?
2. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
3. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
4. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
5. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)