|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her gold necklace
(b) Her scar
(c) Her diamond earrings
(d) Her wedding dress
2. In what style is this chapter written?
(a) Stream of consciousness
(b) Second person
(c) Self reflexive
3. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
(a) They visited prostitutes.
(b) They had sex with calves.
(c) They had sex with each other.
(d) They had sex with sheep.
4. What does Sethe tell Beloved she did with the men without skin?
(a) Ran them off
(b) Killed them
(c) Laughed at them
(d) Tortured them
5. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
(b) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(c) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
(d) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sethe's dog?
2. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
3. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
4. What is Beloved doing when the rain falls?
5. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)