|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved remember a woman doing?
(a) Putting leaves in a basket
(d) Giving her a necklace
2. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they were afraid
(b) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(c) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(d) Because they didn't like Sethe
3. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he wants to marry her
(b) That he has been having sex with Beloved
(c) That he want to leave her
(d) That he doen't want to get a job
4. Why are Denver and Sethe so surprised that the woman is called Beloved?
(a) Because it was Sethe's name when she was at the plantation
(b) Because it is a white person's name
(c) Because they did not think Beloved was a real name
(d) Because it is the name of Sethe's dead daughter
5. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
(b) A necklace
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A bracelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
2. Who is Beloved fascinated by?
3. Who is the only person Beloved wants to give her attention to?
4. Who are the only three people in this chapter?
5. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)