|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
2. Why does Sethe think she does not have to explain anything to Beloved?
(a) Because she is her mother
(b) Because she is a ghost
(c) Because she tried to save her from a life of misery
(d) Because she came back under her own free will
3. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was being beaten at the time.
(b) He was chained up.
(c) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
(d) He was not there.
4. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
(a) That he doen't want to get a job
(b) That he want to leave her
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he has been having sex with Beloved
5. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves to marry
(b) Allowing their slaves into town
(c) Making their slaves into men
(d) Paying their slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D think Beloved is doing to him?
2. What does Sethe think happened to Beloved?
3. What kind of pies does Sethe make?
4. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
5. Who does Baby Suggs claim is the only bad luck in the world?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)