|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their honesty
(b) Their humanity
(c) Their work ethic
(d) Their opinion
2. What does Denver decide not to tell her mother?
(a) Beloved's visits to Paul D in the coldhouse
(b) Beloved is a murderer
(c) Beloved is trying to kill Paul
(d) Beloved is a ghost
3. How many people come to the party?
4. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(b) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(c) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
(d) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
5. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(b) Baby Suggs's
(d) Mr. Garner's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
2. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
3. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
4. Why did the perfume bottle break?
5. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)