|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Paying their slaves
(b) Making their slaves into men
(c) Allowing their slaves to marry
(d) Allowing their slaves into town
2. Why does Sethe remember Howard?
(a) He had an oddly shaped head.
(b) He had big cow like eyes.
(c) He had a beaming smile.
(d) He had a huge nose.
3. Who owned Sweet Home?
(a) The Garners
(b) Baby Suggs
(c) The Fords
4. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her wedding dress
(b) Her scar
(c) Her diamond earrings
(d) Her gold necklace
5. How many years is its since Sethe's baby died?
(a) Five years
(b) Nine years
(c) Ten years
(d) Eight years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people who went to the party so upset?
2. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
3. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
4. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
5. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)