|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) That the photo in the article was not of her
(b) Why she killed her child
(c) That she did not kill her child
(d) That she loves Paul D
2. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He did not show up to run away with her.
(b) He mentally tortured her.
(c) He never gave her money.
(d) He beat her.
3. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
(a) Out of loyalty to Sethe
(b) Because Paul is too sensitive
(c) Because Paul D keeps denying the photograph is of Sethe
(d) Because he doesn't think Paul will believe him
4. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because it has Sethe's picture
(b) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
(c) Because newspapers are always sensational
(d) Because the headline says sensational
5. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because trees are inviting
(b) Because trees are not red
(c) Because it does not have any leaves
(d) Because trees blow in the wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
2. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
3. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
4. Why does Paul D say Sethe has two legs?
5. Where does Paul sleep at first?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)