|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul D think the article must be sensational?
(a) Because the headline says sensational
(b) Because it has Sethe's picture
(c) Because newspapers are always sensational
(d) Because it has to be in order to attract a white audience
2. What did Halle smear on his face?
(a) Horse dung
3. Why does Stamp Paid think that nobody warned Sethe about the men coming to take her back to Sweet Home?
(a) Because they thought Baby Suggs was putting on airs
(b) Because they didn't like Sethe
(c) Because the men had paid them to keep quiet
(d) Because they were afraid
4. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
(a) To a carnival
(b) To the theatre
(c) To a fun fair
(d) To the cinema
5. Whose story does the novel turn back to in chapter 15?
(a) Baby Suggs's
(d) Mr. Garner's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
2. Who does Baby Suggs hope to see?
3. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
4. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
5. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)