|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Making their slaves into men
(b) Allowing their slaves to marry
(c) Allowing their slaves into town
(d) Paying their slaves
2. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A preacher
(b) A peddlar
(c) Two children delivering shoes
3. What does Paul D do when Sethe says there was not another way?
(b) Punch the wall
(c) Leave the house
(d) Hit her
4. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
(a) They had sex with calves.
(b) They visited prostitutes.
(c) They had sex with sheep.
(d) They had sex with each other.
5. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baby Suggs do for a living when Sethe arrived at 124?
2. What does Denver ask Paul D?
3. Why can't Stamp Paid tell Paul D that he saw Sethe take her children into the woodshed?
4. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
5. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)