|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sethe remember Howard?
(a) He had an oddly shaped head.
(b) He had big cow like eyes.
(c) He had a beaming smile.
(d) He had a huge nose.
2. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
(b) Baby Suggs
3. What happens as Denver tells the story of her birth?
(a) Beloved faints
(b) It comes alive before her eyes
(c) Her mother begins to scream
(d) Beloved falls into a trance
4. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) By hitting them over the head
(b) By pushing over the boxes
(c) To the sound of rifles
(d) By shouting in their ears
5. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves into town
(b) Paying their slaves
(c) Making their slaves into men
(d) Allowing their slaves to marry
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
2. Who gave Sethe her diamond earrings?
3. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
4. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
5. What did Denver used to play in her hiding place?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)