|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Denver and Sethe so surprised that the woman is called Beloved?
(a) Because it was Sethe's name when she was at the plantation
(b) Because they did not think Beloved was a real name
(c) Because it is the name of Sethe's dead daughter
(d) Because it is a white person's name
2. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) During the American Revolution
(b) On Christmas Day
(c) On Independence Day
(d) During the Civil War
3. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(b) She has no one to tease.
(c) She has no one to play with.
(d) She has no one to talk to.
4. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
(b) Baby Suggs
5. What does Beloved ask Sethe about?
(a) Her scar
(b) Her diamond earrings
(c) Her wedding dress
(d) Her gold necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
2. Who gave Denver her perfume?
3. What does Sethe think happened to Beloved?
4. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
5. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)