|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
(b) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
(c) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(d) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
2. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a graveyard
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a barn
(d) In a shed
3. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her stepfather's abuse
(b) Her brother's fear
(c) Her slave owner's wrath
(d) Her mother's nagging
4. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
(a) To a carnival
(b) To the theatre
(c) To the cinema
(d) To a fun fair
5. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A ghost
(b) A prophet
(c) A mental patient
(d) An escaped slave
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the man say he would spend chiseling Sethe's daughters gravestone until he would charge for it?
2. What did Denver used to play in her hiding place?
3. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
4. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
5. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)