|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
(a) They had sex with each other.
(b) They had sex with calves.
(c) They had sex with sheep.
(d) They visited prostitutes.
2. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(b) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
(c) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
(d) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
3. What is the name of the plantation where Paul D and Sethe first met?
(a) All You Need
(b) Home Comfort
(c) Sweet Home
(d) Peace and Understanding
4. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her mother's nagging
(b) Her stepfather's abuse
(c) Her brother's fear
(d) Her slave owner's wrath
5. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She has no one to play with.
(b) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(c) She has no one to tease.
(d) She has no one to talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Paul not help his friend?
2. What does the woman say her name is?
3. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
4. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
5. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)