|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
(a) Mr. Garner
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
(b) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(c) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(d) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
3. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because trees blow in the wind
(b) Because trees are inviting
(c) Because it does not have any leaves
(d) Because trees are not red
4. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) An escaped slave
(b) A mental patient
(c) A ghost
(d) A prophet
5. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On the porch
(b) On Sethe's bed
(c) On a stump outside the house
(d) On the grass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
2. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
3. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
4. What happened to Sethe's mother?
5. Who is Beloved fascinated by?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)