|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) On Christmas Day
(b) During the American Revolution
(c) During the Civil War
(d) On Independence Day
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
(a) She falls and breaks her leg
(b) She falls pregnant
(c) She asks if she can have a holiday
(d) Because she asks if she can have a wedding
3. What did Denver used to hide from?
(a) Her brother's fear
(b) Her slave owner's wrath
(c) Her mother's nagging
(d) Her stepfather's abuse
4. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Paying their slaves
(b) Allowing their slaves to marry
(c) Allowing their slaves into town
(d) Making their slaves into men
5. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She screams
(b) She faints
(c) She runs to the outhouse
(d) She vomits
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman come out from?
2. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
3. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
4. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
5. What is the name of Sethe's mother in-law?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)