|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
(a) She has no toes
(b) She does not remember her past
(c) She is a ghost
(d) That she desires for someone in the house
2. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A mental patient
(b) A ghost
(c) An escaped slave
(d) A prophet
3. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
(c) Baby Suggs
4. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She cries
(b) She screams
(c) She is offended
(d) She laughs
5. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(b) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(c) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Baby Suggs' sons ran away?
2. Where does Paul D take Sethe and Denver?
3. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
4. Who pierced Sethe's ears?
5. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)