|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
(a) Because trees blow in the wind
(b) Because it does not have any leaves
(c) Because trees are not red
(d) Because trees are inviting
2. What is the name of the man that Sethe chose to marry?
(b) Paul A
(d) Paul F
3. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She has no one to talk to.
(b) She has no one to play with.
(c) She has no one to tease.
(d) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
4. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(b) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(c) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
5. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Halle break down?
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
3. What does Paul D manage to do while he is at the carnival?
4. What did Denver used to hide from?
5. What is the name of Sethe's daughter?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)