|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Miss Bodwin give Denver the perfume?
(a) During the American Revolution
(b) On Christmas Day
(c) On Independence Day
(d) During the Civil War
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(b) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
(c) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(d) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
3. What did the Garners pride themselves in doing?
(a) Allowing their slaves into town
(b) Making their slaves into men
(c) Allowing their slaves to marry
(d) Paying their slaves
4. How long is it since Paul D and Sethe last saw each other?
(a) 20 years
(b) 18 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
5. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a barn
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a shed
(d) In a graveyard
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Baby Suggs' sons ran away?
2. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
3. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
4. Why is Denver jealous of Paul D?
5. Who owned Sweet Home?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)