|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
(a) The baby's ghost climbing the stairs
(b) Paul D laughing
(c) A cat whining
(d) Beloved crying
2. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
(a) Sleep in the house
(b) Yell or punish her daughter
(c) Enter her bedroom
3. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
(a) She pulls out a tooth
(b) She removes her hair
(c) She takes out an eye
(d) She pulls off a finger nail
4. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
(b) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
(c) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(d) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
5. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
(b) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
(c) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(d) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
2. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
3. What does Denver want from Beloved?
4. How many of Baby Suggs' sons died?
5. Where did Halle and Sethe used to have sex after they were married?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)