|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By throwing her into the river
(b) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(c) By pouring boiling water over her
(d) By dropping her from a great height
2. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a shed
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a graveyard
(d) In a barn
3. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
(a) In Baby Suggs bed
(b) On the sofa
(c) In the bath tub
(d) On the floor
4. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(b) In the barn
(c) In the cold house
(d) In the woodshed
5. What happens as Denver tells the story of her birth?
(a) Her mother begins to scream
(b) Beloved faints
(c) Beloved falls into a trance
(d) It comes alive before her eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sethe telling Paul D at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
3. What fact does Beloved remember about a dead man?
4. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
5. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)