|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sethe say that trying to kill her children prevented from happening?
(a) Her children having to see a white face
(b) Her children being raped
(c) Her children having to go back to Sweet Home
(d) Her children's souls from dying.
2. Why does Stamp feel guilty?
(a) For leaving his wife
(b) For knocking over a child on his horse
(c) For killing his slave owner
(d) For telling Paul D about Sethe
3. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A peddlar
(b) A preacher
(d) Two children delivering shoes
4. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
(a) 34 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 100 miles
5. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was chained up.
(b) He was not there.
(c) He was being beaten at the time.
(d) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
2. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
3. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
4. Who do Sethe and Paul meet on the road when they are heading back to 124?
5. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)