|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
(a) She takes out an eye
(b) She removes her hair
(c) She pulls off a finger nail
(d) She pulls out a tooth
2. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
(b) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(c) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(d) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
3. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She vomits
(b) She runs to the outhouse
(c) She screams
(d) She faints
4. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was chained up.
(b) He was not there.
(c) He was being beaten at the time.
(d) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
5. What does Paul D wonder aloud?
(a) If Sethe is crazy
(b) If Beloved is her dead daughter
(c) If Sethe really loved her children
(d) If there was any other way
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
2. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
3. Why does Stamp have trouble knocking at Sethe's door?
4. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
5. Where does Paul D have sex with Beloved?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)