|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was being beaten at the time.
(b) He was not there.
(c) He was chained up.
(d) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
2. What does Sethe tell Paul in the end?
(a) That she loved her babies too much to allow them to live in such a world
(b) That she couldn't afford to keep her babies
(c) That she was afraid the white people would kill her babies
(d) That she tried to take her babies somewhere safe
3. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
(a) In the barn
(b) In Baby Suggs' bedroom
(c) In the woodshed
(d) In the cold house
4. Who does Paul D say had all the good ideas?
(a) Stamp Paid
5. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
(b) For swearing at his slave owner
(c) For killing cattle
(d) For having sex with a white woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
2. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
3. What type of alcohol is Paul D drinking?
4. Where does Paul sleep after when he is tired of sleeping on a chair?
5. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)