|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
(a) 100 miles
(b) 34 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 5 miles
2. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
(a) They visited prostitutes.
(b) They had sex with each other.
(c) They had sex with sheep.
(d) They had sex with calves.
3. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He mentally tortured her.
(b) He never gave her money.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He did not show up to run away with her.
4. Where does the woman come out from?
(a) The water
(b) The ground
(c) The woods
(d) A hole in the sky
5. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe?
(a) Because she asks if she can have a wedding
(b) She falls pregnant
(c) She asks if she can have a holiday
(d) She falls and breaks her leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Denver about?
2. What does Amy make Sethe the morning after the birth?
3. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
4. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
5. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)