|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He did not show up to run away with her.
(b) He mentally tortured her.
(c) He never gave her money.
(d) He beat her.
2. What happens as Denver tells the story of her birth?
(a) Beloved faints
(b) It comes alive before her eyes
(c) Her mother begins to scream
(d) Beloved falls into a trance
3. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On a stump outside the house
(b) On the grass
(c) On the porch
(d) On Sethe's bed
4. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
(a) 34 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 100 miles
5. Where does the woman come out from?
(a) The water
(b) A hole in the sky
(c) The woods
(d) The ground
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
2. What does Beloved say it is like where she comes from?
3. Where did Halle and Sethe used to have sex after they were married?
4. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
5. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)