|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman come out from?
(a) A hole in the sky
(b) The ground
(c) The water
(d) The woods
2. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
(b) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(c) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
(d) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
3. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a graveyard
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a barn
(d) In a shed
4. What is Beloved doing for Denver upstairs?
(a) Trying on clothes
(b) Telling ghost stories
(c) Showing her her scars
5. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On the grass
(b) On the porch
(c) On Sethe's bed
(d) On a stump outside the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved ask Denver about?
2. How far does Paul D say that Sixo would walk to meet a woman?
3. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
4. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
5. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)