|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(b) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
(c) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(d) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
2. Who does Beloved say is the only person she needs to have?
(a) Baby Suggs
(d) Paul D
3. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(b) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
(c) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
(d) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
4. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On a stump outside the house
(b) On Sethe's bed
(c) On the porch
(d) On the grass
5. What does Beloved ask Denver about?
(a) Her hiding place
(c) Her birth
(d) Paul D
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
2. Who does Sethe think about after she has sex with Paul D?
3. Why does Paul D think Sethe's scar does not look like a tree?
4. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
5. What is the name of the man that Sethe chose to marry?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)