|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Garner laugh at Sethe for wanting a wedding?
(a) Slaves are banned from having weddings.
(b) Sethe does not have the money for a wedding.
(c) She thinks slaves do not have human desires such as wanting a wedding.
(d) She thinks Sethe is too unattractive to ever find husband.
2. Where is the woman sitting when Sethe, Denver and Paul D arrive back from the carnival?
(a) On Sethe's bed
(b) On the grass
(c) On a stump outside the house
(d) On the porch
3. What does Sethe do as soon as she sees the woman?
(a) She vomits
(b) She screams
(c) She faints
(d) She runs to the outhouse
4. What does Denver ask Paul D?
(a) How long he is going to hang around
(b) How old he is
(c) If he is a man or a mouse
(d) What his real name he is
5. Where does Paul D remember meeting fellow slaves?
(a) In a graveyard
(b) Under a tree
(c) In a shed
(d) In a barn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman say her name is?
2. How did the men on the plantation sate their sexual appetite?
3. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
4. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
5. Where does the woman come out from?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)