|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A prophet
(b) An escaped slave
(c) A mental patient
(d) A ghost
2. What does Sethe say Paul D is not allowed to do?
(a) Sleep in the house
(b) Enter her bedroom
(c) Yell or punish her daughter
3. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She has no one to tease.
(b) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(c) She has no one to talk to.
(d) She has no one to play with.
4. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She screams
(b) She is offended
(c) She cries
(d) She laughs
5. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By pouring boiling water over her
(b) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(c) By throwing her into the river
(d) By dropping her from a great height
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
2. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
3. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
4. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
5. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)