|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
(b) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
(c) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(d) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
2. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
(d) New York
3. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He can't perform in bed
(b) He finds other men attractive
(c) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(d) He has always had a high voice
4. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
(a) In coffins
(b) In toilet cubicles
(c) In a prison cell
(d) In wooden boxes
5. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
(a) She has no toes
(b) That she desires for someone in the house
(c) She does not remember her past
(d) She is a ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beloved work?
2. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
3. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
4. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
5. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)