|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was chained up.
(b) He was being beaten at the time.
(c) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
(d) He was not there.
2. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
(a) Paul D
(b) The Schoolteacher
(c) Stamp Paid
3. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(b) She has no one to tease.
(c) She has no one to play with.
(d) She has no one to talk to.
4. Who arrives after the sheriff has taken Sethe away?
(a) A peddlar
(b) Two children delivering shoes
(c) A preacher
5. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By dropping her from a great height
(b) By pouring boiling water over her
(c) By throwing her into the river
(d) By swinging her at a wooden beam
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
2. What has Sethe done to her baby?
3. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
4. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
5. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)