|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For having sex with a white woman
(b) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
(c) For swearing at his slave owner
(d) For killing cattle
2. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She laughs
(b) She is offended
(c) She cries
(d) She screams
3. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) By hitting them over the head
(b) To the sound of rifles
(c) By shouting in their ears
(d) By pushing over the boxes
4. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By throwing her into the river
(b) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(c) By pouring boiling water over her
(d) By dropping her from a great height
5. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was being beaten at the time.
(b) He was not there.
(c) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
(d) He was chained up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
2. Why did Halle break down?
3. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
4. Where does the Sheriff and his friends find Sethe?
5. What does Denver say she saw holding Sethe?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)