|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) By hitting them over the head
(b) By shouting in their ears
(c) To the sound of rifles
(d) By pushing over the boxes
2. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He wants to have a child with her
(b) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
(c) He wants to get married
(d) He has fallen in love with Beloved
3. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He never gave her money.
(b) He did not show up to run away with her.
(c) He mentally tortured her.
(d) He beat her.
4. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(b) He has always had a high voice
(c) He finds other men attractive
(d) He can't perform in bed
5. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
(a) She has no toes
(b) She does not remember her past
(c) That she desires for someone in the house
(d) She is a ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sethe done to her baby?
2. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
3. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
4. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
5. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)