|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(b) She has no one to tease.
(c) She has no one to talk to.
(d) She has no one to play with.
2. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
(a) For killing cattle
(b) For swearing at his slave owner
(c) For having sex with a white woman
(d) For trying to kill a man called Brandyman
3. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By throwing her into the river
(b) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(c) By dropping her from a great height
(d) By pouring boiling water over her
4. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
(b) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
(c) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
(d) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
5. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) He falls deathly ill
(c) It beins to snow
(d) He kills one of the guards
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
2. What has Sethe done to her baby?
3. What did the schoolteacher tell Mr. Garner's slaves?
4. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
5. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)