|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(b) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
(c) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
(d) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
2. What happen after Paul D has spent 86 days at the camp?
(a) He falls deathly ill
(b) He kills one of the guards
(c) It beins to snow
(d) It begins to rain
3. Why does Paul D think he is not really a man?
(a) He can't perform in bed
(b) He has always had a high voice
(c) Because a young girl has had her way with him
(d) He finds other men attractive
4. Who arrives to take Sethe back to Sweethome?
(a) Mr and Mrs Garner
(b) The sherriff and his cousin
(c) The sherriff and his wife
(d) The sherriff, the schoolteacher, and the schoolteacher's nephew
5. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
(a) To the sound of rifles
(b) By pushing over the boxes
(c) By shouting in their ears
(d) By hitting them over the head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
2. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
3. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
4. What has Sethe done to her baby?
5. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)