|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By swinging her at a wooden beam
(b) By pouring boiling water over her
(c) By dropping her from a great height
(d) By throwing her into the river
2. Why does Denver miss her baby sister?
(a) She has no one to tease.
(b) She took pride in the way people feared her house.
(c) She has no one to talk to.
(d) She has no one to play with.
3. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Hung her
(b) Cut her throat
(c) Cut out her eyes
(d) Drowned her
4. What does Paul D end up telling Sethe?
(a) He has fallen in love with Beloved
(b) He wants to have a child with her
(c) He thinks Beloved is her dead daughter
(d) He wants to get married
5. How does Sethe react to Denver asking Paul D how long he is going to stay?
(a) She is offended
(b) She screams
(c) She laughs
(d) She cries
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Sethe from killing Denver?
2. What does Paul D decide to tell Sethe?
3. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
4. Where was Paul D imprisoned?
5. How do the guards wake the men up in the Georgia prison?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)