|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Sethe done to her baby?
(a) Hung her
(b) Cut out her eyes
(c) Cut her throat
(d) Drowned her
2. How does Sethe try to kill Denver?
(a) By throwing her into the river
(b) By pouring boiling water over her
(c) By dropping her from a great height
(d) By swinging her at a wooden beam
3. Where do the guards lock Paul D and the other men at night?
(a) In coffins
(b) In toilet cubicles
(c) In wooden boxes
(d) In a prison cell
4. What did Mr. Garner trust about his slaves?
(a) Their opinion
(b) Their honesty
(c) Their humanity
(d) Their work ethic
5. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) An escaped slave
(b) A prophet
(c) A mental patient
(d) A ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Paul D imprisoned?
2. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
3. How many other slaves is Paul D locked up with?
4. What did Sethe tell Amy her real name was?
5. What does Denver ask Paul D?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)