|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
(b) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(c) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
(d) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
2. Why could Paul not help his friend?
(a) He was chained up.
(b) He was being beaten at the time.
(c) He was wearing a bit in his mouth.
(d) He was not there.
3. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
(a) She pulls off a finger nail
(b) She pulls out a tooth
(c) She takes out an eye
(d) She removes her hair
4. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) A mental patient
(b) A prophet
(c) A ghost
(d) An escaped slave
5. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
(a) The Civil War
(b) World War One
(c) The Boers War
(d) The American Revolution
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
2. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
3. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
4. What does Denver ask Beloved after Beloved has pulled out her tooth?
5. What does Beloved wonder about herself?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)