|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Halle break down?
(a) He saw Sethe caressing a white boy.
(b) He saw Sethe being beaten.
(c) He saw Sethe trying to kill their children.
(d) He saw Sethe being raped in the barn.
2. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
(a) Because she thinks Paul D is lying.
(b) Because he did not say anything to help Halle.
(c) Because she needs someone to be angry at.
(d) Because he did not tell Sethe about Halle sooner.
3. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(b) She laughs
(c) She cries
(d) She chokes
4. What does Paul notice about Beloved?
(a) She does not remember her past
(b) She has no toes
(c) That she desires for someone in the house
(d) She is a ghost
5. What does Denver say she drank from Sethe's nipple?
(a) Beloved's blood
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
2. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
3. Why could Paul not help his friend?
4. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
5. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)