|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Sethe say Halle mistreated her?
(a) He mentally tortured her.
(b) He did not show up to run away with her.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He never gave her money.
2. What does Paul presume Beloved is?
(a) An escaped slave
(b) A mental patient
(c) A prophet
(d) A ghost
3. What does Denver dream about Sethe?
(a) That she takes her up to heaven
(b) That she kills Beloved
(c) That she dies
(d) That she cuts off her head
4. What does Sethe feed outside the back of her workplace?
5. What does Beloved do when Denver asks why she didn't cry?
(a) She cries
(b) She laughs
(c) She slaps Denver across the cheek
(d) She chokes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beloved wonder about herself?
2. What war did Denver's brother leave to fight in?
3. What does Beloved do while sitting in the kitchen with Denver?
4. What was the first thing Denver heard after she went deaf?
5. Why is Sethe angry at Paul D?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)