• Paul D arrives at Sethe's home. They have not seen each other for eighteen years.
• Sethe's daughter Denver is jealous because Paul D is taking Sethe's attention away from her.
• Sethe tells Paul D that she was pregnant with Denver and dripping milk from her breasts when she ran away from Sweet Home.
• Paul D begins to caress Sethe, but a ghost begins shaking the entire house. Paul D casts the ghost away.
• Sethe and Paul D go upstairs to have sex. However, the sex is unsatisfying and they are both disappointed.
• Sethe's scars disgust Paul D. He thinks they are not like a tree because trees are inviting.
• Sethe is angry with Paul D for casting the ghost out of the house.
• Sethe and Paul D both think about their time at Sweet Home.
• Denver sees a white dress with its arm around Sethe...
This section contains 1,952 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)