|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Gypsy has just as Belle did?
(a) She is athletic.
(b) She is musical.
(c) She is imaginative.
(d) She is creative.
2. How does Woodrow think that his mother will contact him?
(a) Through the personal ads in the newspaper.
(b) With a note of jumbled letters.
(c) By a telegram.
(d) By a long letter sent from some exotic place.
3. What does Love say about Gypsy's hair?
(a) She cannot go out in public until it grows back.
(b) They will get her a wig.
(c) They can fix it.
(d) She is grounded for a month.
4. How old will Gypsy be on her birthday?
5. Where does Woodrow still say he hears his mother's voice?
(a) At his Grandmother's house.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) Through the hole between the worlds.
(d) In his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Gypsy stay away from her tree house after her father died?
2. Which of the following does NOT apply to Woodrow and Gypsy?
3. Woodrow gets some satisfaction that Buzz will get a payback for being mean when he notes that Buzz is sitting in a _________________________.
4. What announcement does Porter make that happily surprises Woodrow?
5. Who had it written into the contract for the sale of the hardware store that Blind Benny was to always have a home above the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Porter's love for Gypsy comes through related to her severely cutting her hair.
2. Explain how Woodrow will soon have a chance to show his outer beauty just as Gypsy is getting the chance to exhibit her internal beauty.
3. Explain how Amos and Love have been good to Blind Benny.
4. Describe Woodrow's story of his Aunt Millie at the wienie roast.
5. Explain what Benny means when he says he used to be a sin eater.
6. How does Woodrow's use of mind control help him get back at Mrs. Cooper for her mean-spirited attacks on him?
7. How does Gypsy's conversation with Grandpa Ball about beauty give Gypsy a different perspective on which of her parents was more obsessed with it?
8. What is the significance of Porter's support of the piano recital for Gypsy?
9. What explanation does Woodrow give for what has happened to Belle?
10. How does Porter help Gypsy face her grief over her father's suicide?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)