|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise do Gypsy and Woodrow find on the first day of school in the Fall?
(a) They have a male teacher.
(b) They are in different classes.
(c) They are being bussed to another school.
(d) They have the same teacher as last year.
2. What does Gypsy recall her Sunday School teacher telling her one day?
(a) Jesus could appear disguised in rags and impoverished.
(b) Jesus loves the little children.
(c) Only the good die young.
(d) What goes around, comes around.
3. What is notable about the five guests?
(a) They are of marriageable age.
(b) They are professional athletes.
(c) They are scholars.
(d) They are beauty queens.
4. How does Woodrow think that his mother will contact him?
(a) Through the personal ads in the newspaper.
(b) By a long letter sent from some exotic place.
(c) With a note of jumbled letters.
(d) By a telegram.
5. How long did Gypsy stay away from her tree house after her father died?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three months.
(d) A day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gypsy do in a rage when thinking about finding her father dead?
2. What does Woodrow now believe about his mother?
3. How does Woodrow know that Gypsy will not judge the person in #91?
4. Why does Love say that they kept quiet about Amos' suicide?
5. What are Gypsy and Woodrow's roles at the event in #117?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Porter help Gypsy face her grief over her father's suicide?
2. How does Porter try to help Gypsy to be who she is inside instead of being only the beautiful girl on the outside?
3. How does Gypsy's behavior change when she has thoughts and memories of her father?
4. Explain how Woodrow will soon have a chance to show his outer beauty just as Gypsy is getting the chance to exhibit her internal beauty.
5. Describe the circumstances in which Gypsy found her father after he had killed himself.
6. Describe Woodrow's story of his Aunt Millie at the wienie roast.
7. Explain how Porter's love for Gypsy comes through related to her severely cutting her hair.
8. What is the significance of Porter's support of the piano recital for Gypsy?
9. What does Blind Benny tell Gypsy about her father that he hopes will comfort her?
10. What recurring theme of the book resurfaces with the introduction of Blind Benny?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)