|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the employees at the hardware store buy for Benny?
(a) New overalls.
(b) New gloves.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new coat.
2. What does Porter tell Gypsy that he can see in her?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A talented musician.
(c) An author.
(d) A fine lady.
3. Special guests of the event in #117 are five __________________.
(b) baseball players.
(c) college students.
4. Porter tells Gypsy that _______________ needs to come.
(a) her grade card.
(b) her grief.
(c) her new dress.
(d) her talent.
5. What does Woodrow now believe about his mother?
(a) She will never return for him.
(b) She is probably dead.
(c) She will return any day now.
(d) She will send a message soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the sisters of the person in #105 when they realized she was still alive?
2. At the party, Mrs. Cooper tells Woodrow that Belle was ______________.
3. What kind of liquor did Woodrow tell Mrs. Cooper was in her drink?
4. Who is Buzz?
5. Woodrow has promised to teach the person in #91 about ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the argument between Gypsy and Woodrow in terms of how they know what is especially painful for each other?
2. How does Gypsy's relationship with Porter begun to change as she changes her perspective on many things?
3. What is the significance of Porter's support of the piano recital for Gypsy?
4. What is Grandpa Ball's opinion of why Belle moved into the mountains as a young woman and what impact that had on her relationships with people in the outside world?
5. Why is Woodrow looking through the personal ads in the newspaper while sitting in the tree house?
6. How does Porter help Gypsy face her grief over her father's suicide?
7. What does Blind Benny tell Gypsy about her father that he hopes will comfort her?
8. How does Porter try to help Gypsy to be who she is inside instead of being only the beautiful girl on the outside?
9. Describe Woodrow's behavior at the wienie roast and how it reinforces his character.
10. How does Woodrow's use of mind control help him get back at Mrs. Cooper for her mean-spirited attacks on him?
This section contains 1,441 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)