|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cooper do when she is acting as if she is drunk?
(a) She starts to take her dress off.
(b) She walks right into the creek.
(c) She jumps into the swimming pool.
(d) She dances on a table.
2. Woodrow tells Gypsy that Belle is still alive because she took some of his clothes and ______________________.
(a) the money they were saving for his operation.
(b) a shotgun.
(c) the old car.
(d) her jewelry.
3. Whose birthday is celebrated in Chapter 22?
(c) Grandma Ball's.
4. How do the police find the dead body of the young woman killed by the farmer?
(a) A witness comes forward with information.
(b) The farmer's wife tells where she is buried.
(c) Her hair grows above the ground where she is buried.
(d) She left clues in the woods.
5. What happens to Mrs. Cooper after she has talked to Woodrow for awhile?
(a) She becomes louder and happier.
(b) She berates him for being an upstart.
(c) She starts to feel ill.
(d) She starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the person in #91 call Gypsy?
2. How does Gypsy feel being out at night with Woodrow and Blind Benny?
3. What does the Ball family host every year at this time?
4. Who had it written into the contract for the sale of the hardware store that Blind Benny was to always have a home above the store?
5. Woodrow thinks that pretty people ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Amos' love of beauty destructive for him and his daughter?
2. What is the significance of the argument between Gypsy and Woodrow in terms of how they know what is especially painful for each other?
3. What does Gypsy do at home after her memory of finding her father after he had committed suicide?
4. How does Gypsy's new perception of Blind Benny show how she is maturing?
5. Describe Woodrow's use of mind control over Mrs. Cooper at the Summer Social Garden Party hosted by the Balls.
6. What is the significance of Porter's support of the piano recital for Gypsy?
7. How does Woodrow's use of mind control help him get back at Mrs. Cooper for her mean-spirited attacks on him?
8. What do Gypsy's hair and her mirror symbolize for her?
9. Explain how Woodrow will soon have a chance to show his outer beauty just as Gypsy is getting the chance to exhibit her internal beauty.
10. Who built the tree house for Gypsy and what significance does it have in her life regarding her memories of her father?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)