|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandpa Ball tells Gypsy that Woodrow is sensitive and kind but _______________________.
(a) not very smart.
(b) not very artistic.
(c) not musically inclined.
(d) not as pretty as some.
2. What does the person in #91 say that he recalls Amos doing with Gypsy when she was younger?
(a) Going to the carnival.
(b) Playing in the park.
(c) Taking walks in town.
(d) Singing to her.
3. How does Woodrow think that his mother will contact him?
(a) With a note of jumbled letters.
(b) By a long letter sent from some exotic place.
(c) By a telegram.
(d) Through the personal ads in the newspaper.
4. What question does Woodrow overhear Gypsy asking Grandpa Ball about Belle?
(a) If Belle is Woodrow's biological mother.
(b) If Everett had anything to do with her disappearance.
(c) If Belle was thought to be a little crazy.
(d) If Belle was as unattractive as people say.
5. Where does Blind Benny live?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) At a rectory.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) Above the hardware store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Ball family host every year at this time?
2. Porter tells Gypsy that she is not ugly and evil, but she is ___________________.
3. What was Amos' nickname for Gypsy?
4. What happens to the farmer who killed the young woman?
5. When Gypsy does not like a song that comes on the television, Woodrow states that she doesn't like it because ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument Woodrow and Gypsy have about pretty people getting away with more.
2. How does Woodrow's use of mind control help him get back at Mrs. Cooper for her mean-spirited attacks on him?
3. What is Grandpa Ball's opinion of why Belle moved into the mountains as a young woman and what impact that had on her relationships with people in the outside world?
4. Who built the tree house for Gypsy and what significance does it have in her life regarding her memories of her father?
5. What does Blind Benny tell Gypsy about her father that he hopes will comfort her?
6. How was Amos' love of beauty destructive for him and his daughter?
7. What do Gypsy's hair and her mirror symbolize for her?
8. Explain how Gypsy's new haircut lets a new Gypsy emerge.
9. What explanation does Woodrow give for what has happened to Belle?
10. Why is Woodrow looking through the personal ads in the newspaper while sitting in the tree house?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)