|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gypsy do at the end of the evening with Woodrow and Blind Benny?
(a) Gives Blind Benny some money.
(b) Kisses Blind Benny on the cheek.
(c) Invites them in for hot cocoa.
(d) Apologizes to Woodrow for not believing him.
2. How long did Gypsy stay away from her tree house after her father died?
(a) A day.
(b) Three months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Five years.
3. What are Gypsy and Woodrow's roles at the event in #117?
(a) To serve refreshments.
(b) To wash dishes.
(c) To chop ice.
(d) To work the coat check.
4. How did Gypsy's father kill himself?
(a) He hanged himself.
(b) He slit his wrists.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He took an overdose of pills.
5. What does Gypsy do after she cuts off all her hair?
(a) Cries for her mother.
(b) Covers her mirror.
(c) Throws the hair in the fireplace.
(d) Walks proudly down the main street of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Porter tells Gypsy that _______________ needs to come.
2. What about Woodrow's appearance does Buzz make fun of?
3. What punishment does Woodrow receive for thrashing Buzz?
4. When Gypsy does not like a song that comes on the television, Woodrow states that she doesn't like it because ____________________.
5. Who does Woodrow bring with him to visit Gypsy at her window in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recurring theme of the book resurfaces with the introduction of Blind Benny?
2. How does Porter help Gypsy face her grief over her father's suicide?
3. Why is Woodrow looking through the personal ads in the newspaper while sitting in the tree house?
4. Describe the circumstances in which Gypsy found her father after he had killed himself.
5. How does Gypsy's new perception of Blind Benny show how she is maturing?
6. Describe Woodrow's story of his Aunt Millie at the wienie roast.
7. What does Blind Benny tell Gypsy about her father that he hopes will comfort her?
8. Who built the tree house for Gypsy and what significance does it have in her life regarding her memories of her father?
9. Explain how Porter's love for Gypsy comes through related to her severely cutting her hair.
10. What does Gypsy learn from Grandpa Ball about why Love will not allow Gypsy to get her hair cut?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)