|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town's barbershop?
(a) Ben's Barbershop.
(b) Best Barbershop.
(c) Aker's Barbershop.
(d) Coal Station Barbershop.
2. Why doesn't Love think that Belle has just taken off again like before?
(a) She was redecorating her house.
(b) She wouldn't have left her child.
(c) She really loved her husband.
(d) She was not feeling well recently.
3. How does Gypsy divert the men's questions away from Woodrow in the barbershop?
(a) She gives them some juicy gossip.
(b) She talks about her dead father.
(c) She flirts with them.
(d) She asks them about their families.
4. What does Porter ask Gypsy for as she climbs back into the house?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A light for his cigarette.
5. Which of the following is NOT a source of trauma for Gypsy?
(a) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the woman in #37 NOT do when Amos fell in love with Love?
2. How does Gypsy know that Woodrow is upset by the visit from the person in #74?
3. How is Gypsy related to Belle Prater?
4. What did Woodrow's mother use to escape from reality?
5. What does Woodrow say he wants most?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Woodrow and Gypsy's characteristics have been shaped by their different backgrounds.
2. Describe Everett's visit to see Woodrow at his grandparents' house.
3. What is evident about Woodrow's relationship with his father as shown in Chapter 9?
4. How does Woodrow's behavior at Porter's birthday party showcase both his confidence and his shyness?
5. What is Gypsy's recurring nightmare and what does it foreshadow?
6. What do Woodrow's assertions about what he thinks happened to his mother foreshadow for him later in the story?
7. Describe Gypsy's delirious attack at the movie theater.
8. What was Belle's course of action after she worked through Amos' rejection of her?
9. What do Woodrow and Gypsy reveal to each other about what they really want?
10. Describe Woodrow's character and how he easily ingratiates himself to people.
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)