|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The spot at the shed behind Woodrow's house is where ______________________.
(a) hobos hang out.
(b) he goes to read.
(c) two worlds touch.
(d) the weeds grow really tall.
2. Woodrow claims that he sometimes hears Belle's voice __________________.
3. What is notable about Woodrow's appearance?
(a) He is missing his left thumb.
(b) He has bright red hair.
(c) He has a limp.
(d) He is very cross-eyed.
4. Who has taken Woodrow shopping in Chapter 3?
(d) Mrs. Dotson.
5. Who is Belle's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Woodrow's father use to cut his hair when he still lived with him?
2. What items particularly delight Woodrow from the shopping trip?
3. Gypsy hears the doctor tell her mother something about her ________________.
4. Who had Amos Leemaster dated until he saw Love?
5. What makes Porter carry Gypsy out of the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Woodrow and Gypsy's characteristics have been shaped by their different backgrounds.
2. What does Woodrow share with Gypsy about the place where he thinks his mother disappeared behind the shack?
3. How does Gypsy help Woodrow navigate the waters of the small town gossips, especially in Akers' barber shop?
4. What does Gypsy learn from her mother about what happened between her, Amos and Belle years ago?
5. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
6. How does the Sunday School scene in Chapter 6 help reveal more about Woodrow's character?
7. Describe Everett's visit to see Woodrow at his grandparents' house.
8. What is the significance of Gypsy's long hair in the story?
9. What is revealed about Gypsy and Woodrow's characters and their feelings about their looks in their tree house conversation in Chapter 6?
10. What is evident about Woodrow's relationship with his father as shown in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)