|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gypsy related to Belle Prater?
(a) She is Gypsy's grandmother.
(b) She is Gypsy's mother.
(c) She is Gypsy's sister.
(d) She is Gypsy's aunt.
2. What makes Porter carry Gypsy out of the theater?
(a) She faints.
(b) She has severe abdominal pain.
(c) She starts screaming at the film.
(d) She vomits violently.
3. Porter tells Gypsy that if she gets him the item in #64, he won't tell Love about ___________________.
(a) her bad grade card.
(b) the wrecked bicycle.
(c) her nighttime escapades.
(d) the ruined rose bushes.
4. Who is Gypsy's mother?
5. What does Woodrow want to do in his life?
(a) Be a travel agent.
(b) Teach school.
(c) Design buildings.
(d) Make movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gypsy accidentally call Woodrow's former home?
2. What do Woodrow and the person in #80 talk about on the way to the movies?
3. Gypsy hears the doctor tell her mother something about her ________________.
4. Who is Gypsy's stepfather?
5. What did Woodrow's mother use to escape from reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Gypsy's encounter with Porter as she is sneaking back into the house, and he is outside trying to smoke?
2. What is Gypsy's recurring nightmare and what does it foreshadow?
3. What does Woodrow share with Gypsy about the place where he thinks his mother disappeared behind the shack?
4. Explain how Woodrow and Gypsy's characteristics have been shaped by their different backgrounds.
5. What is the significance of Gypsy's long hair in the story?
6. Who is Blind Benny and what is revealed about his character based on Gypsy and Woodrow's perceptions of him?
7. What does it mean when Gypsy calls Woodrow's former home a shack?
8. How does Gypsy help Woodrow navigate the waters of the small town gossips, especially in Akers' barber shop?
9. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
10. Who is Gypsy, and what does she explain about her Aunt Belle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)