|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Love think that Belle has just taken off again like before?
(a) She was not feeling well recently.
(b) She wouldn't have left her child.
(c) She was redecorating her house.
(d) She really loved her husband.
2. Where do Gypsy and Woodrow sneak off to during the night?
(a) The shed.
(b) The tree house.
(c) The creek.
(d) The railroad track.
3. What is the demeanor of the person in #74?
4. Where does Woodrow go that he wears a tie for the first time?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A church service.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A portrait studio.
5. Gypsy tells Woodrow that he should be a/an ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gypsy's mother?
2. Who did Belle marry?
3. Who is Porter's brother?
4. The spot at the shed behind Woodrow's house is where ______________________.
5. What is Gypsy Leemaster's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Woodrow and Gypsy's characteristics have been shaped by their different backgrounds.
2. Who are Gypsy's mother and stepfather, and where do they live?
3. Describe Woodrow's character and how he easily ingratiates himself to people.
4. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
5. What is the significance of windows in Gypsy's subconscious and how is that exaggerated while watching the film "Rear Window" at the theater?
6. What do Woodrow's assertions about what he thinks happened to his mother foreshadow for him later in the story?
7. What are some elements of foreshadowing that appear in Chapter 1?
8. Describe how quickly Woodrow adapts to his new school, and why he becomes so popular.
9. What does it mean when Gypsy calls Woodrow's former home a shack?
10. How does Gypsy's life compare to the life that Woodrow has led prior to coming to live with his grandparents?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)