|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Porter carry Gypsy out of the theater?
(a) She vomits violently.
(b) She has severe abdominal pain.
(c) She starts screaming at the film.
(d) She faints.
2. From whom does Gypsy take piano lessons?
(c) Mrs. Gerard.
(d) Miss Kerry.
3. Where does Woodrow think that Belle has gone?
(a) To a psychological institution.
(b) Back to her childhood home.
(c) To live in New York City.
(d) Through the spot by the shed and into another world.
4. Who is Blind Benny?
(a) A comedian.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A local drifter.
5. Why doesn't Love think that Belle has just taken off again like before?
(a) She wouldn't have left her child.
(b) She really loved her husband.
(c) She was redecorating her house.
(d) She was not feeling well recently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Woodrow's appearance?
2. Porter tells Gypsy that if she gets him the item in #64, he won't tell Love about ___________________.
3. What did Belle announce when she finally came out of her room dressed to kill?
4. Which of the following did the woman in #37 NOT do when Amos fell in love with Love?
5. Where do Gypsy and Woodrow sneak off to during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Gypsy's mother and stepfather, and where do they live?
2. What is the significance of windows in Gypsy's subconscious and how is that exaggerated while watching the film "Rear Window" at the theater?
3. What is evident about Woodrow's relationship with his father as shown in Chapter 9?
4. Describe Woodrow's character and how he easily ingratiates himself to people.
5. What is the significance of Gypsy's encounter with Porter as she is sneaking back into the house, and he is outside trying to smoke?
6. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
7. What do Woodrow's assertions about what he thinks happened to his mother foreshadow for him later in the story?
8. How does Gypsy help Woodrow navigate the waters of the small town gossips, especially in Akers' barber shop?
9. How does Woodrow's behavior at Porter's birthday party showcase both his confidence and his shyness?
10. What does it mean when Gypsy calls Woodrow's former home a shack?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)