|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Love think that Belle left the house?
(a) She needed a change of scenery really bad.
(b) She wanted to go to college.
(c) She couldn't stand small town life.
(d) She couldn't bear to see Love with Amos.
2. How has Woodrow affected Gypsy's life?
(a) She feels kinder toward people.
(b) She is seeing things differently.
(c) She is laughing more.
(d) She wishes he would just stay home.
3. Who is Blind Benny?
(a) A local drifter.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A comedian.
(d) A school teacher.
4. What is the name of the town's barbershop?
(a) Ben's Barbershop.
(b) Coal Station Barbershop.
(c) Best Barbershop.
(d) Aker's Barbershop.
5. Gypsy hears the doctor tell her mother something about her ________________.
(b) cold sweats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Belle announce when she finally came out of her room dressed to kill?
2. Why doesn't Love think that Belle has just taken off again like before?
3. What does Woodrow want to do in his life?
4. What would Love do if given the chance to live the events with Amos all over again?
5. Gypsy notices that Woodrow is particularly nice to ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
2. What do Woodrow's assertions about what he thinks happened to his mother foreshadow for him later in the story?
3. What was Belle's course of action after she worked through Amos' rejection of her?
4. How does the author introduce the theme of beauty in Chapter 2 related to what Gypsy learns about her mother and Belle's relationship?
5. Who is Gypsy, and what does she explain about her Aunt Belle in Chapter 1?
6. Who is Blind Benny and what is revealed about his character based on Gypsy and Woodrow's perceptions of him?
7. How does Woodrow's behavior at Porter's birthday party showcase both his confidence and his shyness?
8. Describe Gypsy's delirious attack at the movie theater.
9. Describe Everett's visit to see Woodrow at his grandparents' house.
10. What is the significance of Gypsy's long hair in the story?
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)