|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does Gypsy's mother give her while she is ill?
(a) Ice water.
(c) Hot tea.
2. What does Woodrow want to do in his life?
(a) Make movies.
(b) Teach school.
(c) Be a travel agent.
(d) Design buildings.
3. What is the topic of conversation when Woodrow comes into the barbershop?
(a) The Cincinnati Reds.
(b) The best fishing spots.
(c) The next school year.
(d) The disappearance of his mother.
4. Who takes Woodrow for his first haircut?
5. What does Woodrow ask for at Porter's birthday party?
(a) A new bicycle.
(b) A birthday party for himself.
(c) A Coca-Cola.
(d) An airplane ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Gypsy's mother, Love, well known in the town?
2. What did Belle announce when she finally came out of her room dressed to kill?
3. What items particularly delight Woodrow from the shopping trip?
4. What day does Woodrow say he would live over again if given the chance?
5. Who owns the barbershop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Woodrow help save Gypsy from hurtful adult gossip about her father and what seems to be the common bond they share?
2. How does the author introduce the theme of beauty in Chapter 2 related to what Gypsy learns about her mother and Belle's relationship?
3. What are some of Woodrow's experiences in his new life that point out the poverty he lived in until now?
4. What does Gypsy learn from her mother about what happened between her, Amos and Belle years ago?
5. Describe Gypsy's delirious attack at the movie theater.
6. Who are Gypsy's mother and stepfather, and where do they live?
7. What does it mean when Gypsy calls Woodrow's former home a shack?
8. Who is Gypsy, and what does she explain about her Aunt Belle in Chapter 1?
9. Who is Blind Benny and what is revealed about his character based on Gypsy and Woodrow's perceptions of him?
10. What is the significance of the woman in Everett's car when he comes to visit Woodrow?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)