|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Gypsy give for her pixie haircut?
(a) It shows off her facial features better.
(b) It is a better cut for the Summer.
(c) It is better suited for cheerleading.
(d) It is popular in New York.
2. In addition to anger at her father for killing himself, Gypsy also cut her hair ______________________.
(a) in defiance of her mother's wishes.
(b) because she felt invisible underneath it.
(c) as a sign of her love for her father.
(d) short hair is in style now.
3. What is notable about the five guests?
(a) They are scholars.
(b) They are of marriageable age.
(c) They are beauty queens.
(d) They are professional athletes.
4. Gypsy wants to show her classmates that there is more to her life than ________________.
(a) her intelligence.
(b) her sense of humor.
(c) her beauty.
(d) her wealth.
5. What is Woodrow doing in the tree house when Gypsy finds him in Chapter 14?
(a) Looking through personal ads.
(b) Spying on the neighbors.
(c) Reading comic books.
(d) Taking a nap.
6. What does Porter put in Gypsy's room to make her more comfortable?
(a) A television.
(b) A window air conditioner.
(c) A fan.
(d) A new mattress.
7. When Gypsy does not like a song that comes on the television, Woodrow states that she doesn't like it because ____________________.
(a) it reminds her of her father.
(b) it is too slow.
(c) she can't hit the high notes in it.
(d) it reminds her of her old boyfriend.
8. What does Gypsy do as Woodrow beats up Buzz in the classroom?
(a) Walks home.
(b) Tries to get him to stop.
(c) Cheers him on.
(d) Watches for teachers.
9. How does Woodrow know that Gypsy will not judge the person in #91?
(a) Because she is a Christian.
(b) Because she does not judge Woodrow.
(c) Because her Mother taught her manners.
(d) He isn't sure at all that she won't judge.
10. Woodrow thinks that pretty people ________________________.
(a) get married sooner.
(b) can do anything and get away with it.
(c) are not very nice.
(d) make more money.
11. Where does Blind Benny live?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At a rectory.
(c) Above the hardware store.
(d) At the YMCA.
12. What does Gypsy tell Woodrow they will do when she is better?
(a) Go the traveling carnival.
(b) Fix up the tree house.
(c) Make Indian moccasins.
(d) Have a wienie roast by the river.
13. Porter tells Gypsy that _______________ needs to come.
(a) her talent.
(b) her grade card.
(c) her new dress.
(d) her grief.
14. What would people never speak about in front of Gypsy?
(a) Her lisp.
(b) Her low grades.
(c) Her mother's extramarital affair.
(d) Her father's suicide.
15. What does Porter tell Gypsy that he can see in her?
(a) An author.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A fine lady.
(d) A talented musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Special guests of the event in #117 are five __________________.
2. What does Buzz want Woodrow to talk about in the classroom?
3. What does Gypsy do after she cuts off all her hair?
4. What does Gypsy do in a rage when thinking about finding her father dead?
5. Where does Woodrow still say he hears his mother's voice?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)