|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gypsy recall her Sunday School teacher telling her one day?
(a) Jesus could appear disguised in rags and impoverished.
(b) Jesus loves the little children.
(c) Only the good die young.
(d) What goes around, comes around.
2. How did Gypsy's father kill himself?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He hanged himself.
(c) He slit his wrists.
(d) He took an overdose of pills.
3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Gypsy has just as Belle did?
(a) She is imaginative.
(b) She is creative.
(c) She is musical.
(d) She is athletic.
4. What would people never speak about in front of Gypsy?
(a) Her mother's extramarital affair.
(b) Her father's suicide.
(c) Her lisp.
(d) Her low grades.
5. Porter tells Gypsy that she is not ugly and evil, but she is ___________________.
6. Love says that Amos committed suicide because __________________________.
(a) he was in a deep depression after the fire.
(b) Love was having an affair.
(c) he found out he had a terminal illness.
(d) his business had folded.
7. What are Grandpa Ball and Gypsy fixing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A television.
(b) A lawnmower.
(c) The porch stairs.
(d) Gypsy's bicycle.
8. Where does Blind Benny live?
(a) At a rectory.
(b) Above the hardware store.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
9. What does the Ball family host every year at this time?
(a) A Summer Social Garden Party.
(b) A Midsummer's Cotillion.
(c) An Ice Cream Social.
(d) A Fourth of July Barbecue.
10. What does Love tell Gypsy about her father?
(a) He was a courageous man.
(b) He loved her even before she was born.
(c) She will learn to forgive him.
(d) He was schizophrenic.
11. How does Gypsy feel about Porter after things calm down?
(a) She still will keep him at a distance.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is able to accept him now.
(d) She tolerates him.
12. Who is the topic of Woodrow's English assignment in Chapter 22?
(a) Grandma Ball.
(d) Blind Benny.
13. At the party, Mrs. Cooper tells Woodrow that Belle was ______________.
14. Gypsy overhears Porter talking to Love and ____________________ Gypsy.
(c) making fun of.
15. What did Blind Benny do after his parents died when he was twelve?
(a) He was adopted by a farmer.
(b) He became a sin eater.
(c) He was put into foster care.
(d) He went to an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Woodrow receive for thrashing Buzz?
2. Gypsy's nightmares become ________________________.
3. What did the employees at the hardware store buy for Benny?
4. Which of the following does NOT apply to Woodrow and Gypsy?
5. What name does the person in #91 call Gypsy?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)