|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Love tell Gypsy about her father?
(a) He was a courageous man.
(b) She will learn to forgive him.
(c) He was schizophrenic.
(d) He loved her even before she was born.
2. Who is Buzz?
(a) The elementary school janitor.
(b) The captain of the high school football team.
(c) Gypsy's second cousin from Alabama.
(d) The local bully.
3. How many people are invited to the event in #117?
4. Who is the topic of Woodrow's English assignment in Chapter 22?
(a) Blind Benny.
(d) Grandma Ball.
5. When Gypsy does not like a song that comes on the television, Woodrow states that she doesn't like it because ____________________.
(a) she can't hit the high notes in it.
(b) it reminds her of her old boyfriend.
(c) it is too slow.
(d) it reminds her of her father.
6. Porter tells Gypsy that she is not ugly and evil, but she is ___________________.
7. Woodrow gets some satisfaction that Buzz will get a payback for being mean when he notes that Buzz is sitting in a _________________________.
(a) nest of chiggers.
(b) splat of ketchup.
(c) broken chair.
(d) patch of poison ivy.
8. What was Amos' nickname for Gypsy?
(a) Chocolate Gyp.
(b) Gypsy Girl.
9. What question does Woodrow overhear Gypsy asking Grandpa Ball about Belle?
(a) If Everett had anything to do with her disappearance.
(b) If Belle is Woodrow's biological mother.
(c) If Belle was thought to be a little crazy.
(d) If Belle was as unattractive as people say.
10. At the party, Mrs. Cooper tells Woodrow that Belle was ______________.
11. In addition to anger at her father for killing himself, Gypsy also cut her hair ______________________.
(a) as a sign of her love for her father.
(b) short hair is in style now.
(c) because she felt invisible underneath it.
(d) in defiance of her mother's wishes.
12. Love says that Amos committed suicide because __________________________.
(a) his business had folded.
(b) he found out he had a terminal illness.
(c) he was in a deep depression after the fire.
(d) Love was having an affair.
13. What does Porter announce that the family is going to host in honor of Gypsy's birthday?
(a) A piano recital.
(b) An ice cream social.
(c) A cotillion.
(d) A Spring Fling dance.
14. How old will Gypsy be on her birthday?
15. Which of the following is NOT something Gypsy screams when remembering finding her father dead?
(a) I want to kill you.
(b) I hope you burn in hell.
(c) I hate you.
(d) I want to hurt you.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gypsy feel about Porter after things calm down?
2. Why does Love say that they kept quiet about Amos' suicide?
3. How did Gypsy's father kill himself?
4. What does Mrs. Cooper do when she is acting as if she is drunk?
5. Which of the following is NOT how Gypsy perceives herself now?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)