|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gypsy recall her Sunday School teacher telling her one day?
(a) Jesus could appear disguised in rags and impoverished.
(b) Only the good die young.
(c) What goes around, comes around.
(d) Jesus loves the little children.
2. Mrs. Cooper tells Woodrow that Belle once called her a/an _________________-.
3. What does Woodrow now believe about his mother?
(a) She will send a message soon.
(b) She will never return for him.
(c) She is probably dead.
(d) She will return any day now.
4. What does Gypsy do after she cuts off all her hair?
(a) Cries for her mother.
(b) Covers her mirror.
(c) Throws the hair in the fireplace.
(d) Walks proudly down the main street of town.
5. Gypsy asks Grandpa why _______________ is/are so important to some people?
(a) big houses.
(d) new cars.
6. What did Amos make Love promise before he died?
(a) That she would never re-marry.
(b) That she would find someone new to love.
(c) That she would send Gypsy to college.
(d) That she would never cut Gypsy's hair.
7. What does Love tell Gypsy about her father?
(a) He was a courageous man.
(b) He was schizophrenic.
(c) He loved her even before she was born.
(d) She will learn to forgive him.
8. Which of the following is NOT how Gypsy perceives herself now?
(a) She is more social.
(b) She is sullen.
(c) She is more outgoing.
(d) She is no longer invisible.
9. What was Amos' nickname for Gypsy?
(c) Gypsy Girl.
(d) Chocolate Gyp.
10. What does Porter announce that the family is going to host in honor of Gypsy's birthday?
(a) A Spring Fling dance.
(b) A cotillion.
(c) An ice cream social.
(d) A piano recital.
11. What question does Woodrow overhear Gypsy asking Grandpa Ball about Belle?
(a) If Belle is Woodrow's biological mother.
(b) If Belle was thought to be a little crazy.
(c) If Belle was as unattractive as people say.
(d) If Everett had anything to do with her disappearance.
12. What does Porter tell Gypsy that he can see in her?
(a) An author.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A talented musician.
(d) A fine lady.
13. Who is Buzz?
(a) The local bully.
(b) The captain of the high school football team.
(c) Gypsy's second cousin from Alabama.
(d) The elementary school janitor.
14. What does Woodrow say is the moral of the story of the young woman who was killed by the farmer?
(a) Women are more powerful than men.
(b) Good always triumphs over evil.
(c) Never get involved with a girl with golden hair.
(d) Never travel alone in rural areas.
15. Who goes with Gypsy to get her hair cut into a pixie style?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gypsy feel being out at night with Woodrow and Blind Benny?
2. Whose birthday is celebrated in Chapter 22?
3. What does Mrs. Cooper do when she is acting as if she is drunk?
4. How do the police find the dead body of the young woman killed by the farmer?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Gypsy screams when remembering finding her father dead?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)