|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #91 say that he recalls Amos doing with Gypsy when she was younger?
(a) Singing to her.
(b) Going to the carnival.
(c) Playing in the park.
(d) Taking walks in town.
2. What would people never speak about in front of Gypsy?
(a) Her lisp.
(b) Her low grades.
(c) Her father's suicide.
(d) Her mother's extramarital affair.
3. What does Porter put in Gypsy's room to make her more comfortable?
(a) A television.
(b) A window air conditioner.
(c) A new mattress.
(d) A fan.
4. How does Woodrow think that his mother will contact him?
(a) Through the personal ads in the newspaper.
(b) With a note of jumbled letters.
(c) By a telegram.
(d) By a long letter sent from some exotic place.
5. The person in #91 knew Amos when they lived in what town?
(a) Coal Station.
(b) Coal Valley.
(c) Coal Junction.
(d) Coal Mountain.
6. Grandpa Ball tells Gypsy that Woodrow is sensitive and kind but _______________________.
(a) not as pretty as some.
(b) not very smart.
(c) not musically inclined.
(d) not very artistic.
7. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Gypsy has just as Belle did?
(a) She is musical.
(b) She is athletic.
(c) She is imaginative.
(d) She is creative.
8. What does Woodrow tell the class about his mother?
(a) She is training to be an astronaut.
(b) She is traveling around the world.
(c) She is visiting her cousin, the Shah of Iran.
(d) She concocted a recipe for invisibility.
9. What does Love tell Gypsy about her father?
(a) He was schizophrenic.
(b) She will learn to forgive him.
(c) He was a courageous man.
(d) He loved her even before she was born.
10. Gypsy asks Grandpa why _______________ is/are so important to some people?
(b) new cars.
(d) big houses.
11. How old will Gypsy be on her birthday?
12. Who is the topic of Woodrow's English assignment in Chapter 22?
(a) Grandma Ball.
(c) Blind Benny.
13. Porter tells Gypsy that _______________ needs to come.
(a) her new dress.
(b) her grief.
(c) her talent.
(d) her grade card.
14. What was Amos' nickname for Gypsy?
(b) Gypsy Girl.
(d) Chocolate Gyp.
15. Which of the following is NOT how Gypsy perceives herself now?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She is more outgoing.
(c) She is no longer invisible.
(d) She is more social.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gypsy do as Woodrow beats up Buzz in the classroom?
2. Gypsy gets flustered in school and says that her real father ____________________.
3. What did the employees at the hardware store buy for Benny?
4. Which of the following does NOT apply to Woodrow and Gypsy?
5. What is Porter's response when Gypsy asks what he thinks happened to Belle?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)