|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gypsy wants to show her classmates that there is more to her life than ________________.
(a) her beauty.
(b) her intelligence.
(c) her wealth.
(d) her sense of humor.
2. Which of the following is NOT how Gypsy perceives herself now?
(a) She is more social.
(b) She is no longer invisible.
(c) She is sullen.
(d) She is more outgoing.
3. What does Woodrow now believe about his mother?
(a) She will never return for him.
(b) She will send a message soon.
(c) She will return any day now.
(d) She is probably dead.
4. Who had it written into the contract for the sale of the hardware store that Blind Benny was to always have a home above the store?
5. How does Woodrow think that his mother will contact him?
(a) By a long letter sent from some exotic place.
(b) With a note of jumbled letters.
(c) By a telegram.
(d) Through the personal ads in the newspaper.
6. At the party, Mrs. Cooper tells Woodrow that Belle was ______________.
7. What did the employees at the hardware store buy for Benny?
(a) New gloves.
(b) New overalls.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new coat.
8. What is notable about the five guests?
(a) They are beauty queens.
(b) They are scholars.
(c) They are professional athletes.
(d) They are of marriageable age.
9. How do the police find the dead body of the young woman killed by the farmer?
(a) Her hair grows above the ground where she is buried.
(b) She left clues in the woods.
(c) The farmer's wife tells where she is buried.
(d) A witness comes forward with information.
10. Which of the following does NOT apply to Woodrow and Gypsy?
(a) They are between Summer and Winter.
(b) They are between a rock and a hard place.
(c) They are between dawn and day.
(d) They are between being young adults and children.
11. Porter tells Gypsy that she is not ugly and evil, but she is ___________________.
12. What does Gypsy do at the end of the evening with Woodrow and Blind Benny?
(a) Gives Blind Benny some money.
(b) Kisses Blind Benny on the cheek.
(c) Apologizes to Woodrow for not believing him.
(d) Invites them in for hot cocoa.
13. What happens to the farmer who killed the young woman?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He is strangled by her hair.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He is sentenced to life in prison.
14. Woodrow tells Gypsy that he and his mother had been saving money for ___________________.
(a) a new car.
(b) an operation to fix his eyes.
(c) a vacation to Hawaii.
(d) his college fund.
15. Special guests of the event in #117 are five __________________.
(b) baseball players.
(d) college students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Woodrow has promised to teach the person in #91 about ___________________.
2. What are Gypsy and Woodrow's roles at the event in #117?
3. What is Woodrow doing in the tree house when Gypsy finds him in Chapter 14?
4. What about Woodrow's appearance does Buzz make fun of?
5. How did Gypsy's father kill himself?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)