|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Woodrow affected Gypsy's life?
(a) She feels kinder toward people.
(b) She wishes he would just stay home.
(c) She is laughing more.
(d) She is seeing things differently.
2. Who was Gypsy's father?
3. What happens as Woodrow's popularity grows?
(a) He gets little gifts and candy from his classmates.
(b) He gets invitations to parties.
(c) He receives more phone calls at home.
(d) He gets notes from girls at school.
4. What is the demeanor of the person in #74?
5. What does Porter ask Gypsy for as she climbs back into the house?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A light for his cigarette.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A cup of coffee.
6. What does Gypsy give Woodrow on his first night at his grandparents' home?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A pack of gum.
(c) A cherry jawbreaker.
(d) A kickball.
7. Woodrow agrees to tell Gypsy about his mother's disappearance only if she agrees to __________________.
(a) let him ride her bike.
(b) be his best friend.
(c) go fishing with him.
(d) buy him some ice cream.
8. What is notable about Woodrow's appearance?
(a) He has bright red hair.
(b) He is missing his left thumb.
(c) He is very cross-eyed.
(d) He has a limp.
9. Who is Belle's husband?
10. What drink does Gypsy's mother give her while she is ill?
(a) Hot tea.
(d) Ice water.
11. Why doesn't Love think that Belle has just taken off again like before?
(a) She was not feeling well recently.
(b) She really loved her husband.
(c) She wouldn't have left her child.
(d) She was redecorating her house.
12. What do Woodrow and the person in #80 talk about on the way to the movies?
(a) Alfred Hitchcock movies.
(b) The World Series.
(c) Elvis Presley's music.
(d) The high school football team.
13. Where does Woodrow think that Belle has gone?
(a) To a psychological institution.
(b) To live in New York City.
(c) Back to her childhood home.
(d) Through the spot by the shed and into another world.
14. Why is Woodrow not sure of his birth date?
(a) He was born at midnight.
(b) His parents would never tell him.
(c) It was a home birth and no one recorded it.
(d) The hospital records burned.
15. Gypsy notices that Woodrow is particularly nice to ____________________.
(a) the kids with money.
(b) those who are different from others.
(c) the teacher.
(d) the blonde girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation when Woodrow comes into the barbershop?
2. Who is the school principal's wife?
3. What did Woodrow's father use to cut his hair when he still lived with him?
4. What items particularly delight Woodrow from the shopping trip?
5. Who takes Woodrow for his first haircut?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)