|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gypsy and Woodrow sneak off to during the night?
(a) The tree house.
(b) The creek.
(c) The railroad track.
(d) The shed.
2. To what does Woodrow compare the voices he hears in the air behind the shack at his house?
(a) Like death shrieks.
(b) Like someone who is in pain.
(c) Like someone speaking through a fan.
(d) Like loving whispers.
3. What does Gypsy say she wants most?
(a) To kiss Eddie Wilson.
(b) To cut her hair.
(c) To be a beauty queen.
(d) To live in Paris.
4. How long after Belle left did Woodrow move in with his grandparents?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
5. Where did Belle's husband think she was going when she left in the night?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The shed.
(c) The privy.
(d) The hen house.
6. Who owns the barbershop?
(a) Jerry Akers.
(b) Seth Akers.
(c) Clint Akers.
(d) Ben Akers.
7. What movie do Gypsy and Woodrow plan to see in Chapter 10?
(a) "Creature from the Black Lagoon.
(b) "The Story of Robin Hood".
(c) "Rear Window".
(d) "The Birds".
8. Gypsy notices that Woodrow is particularly nice to ____________________.
(a) those who are different from others.
(b) the blonde girls.
(c) the teacher.
(d) the kids with money.
9. What is the name of the town's barbershop?
(a) Coal Station Barbershop.
(b) Best Barbershop.
(c) Aker's Barbershop.
(d) Ben's Barbershop.
10. Gypsy hears her mother tell the doctor something about her ___________________.
11. Why does Love think that Belle left the house?
(a) She couldn't stand small town life.
(b) She couldn't bear to see Love with Amos.
(c) She needed a change of scenery really bad.
(d) She wanted to go to college.
12. Which of the following did the woman in #37 NOT do when Amos fell in love with Love?
(a) Stayed in her room.
(b) Slit her wrists.
(d) Lost weight.
13. Which of the following does NOT describe the air behind the shack at Woodrow's house?
(a) It is warm.
(b) It is thick.
(c) It smells bad.
(d) It vibrates.
14. Who is Blind Benny?
(a) A comedian.
(b) A local drifter.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A school teacher.
15. What are Gypsy and Woodrow discussing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(c) Ice cream flavors.
(d) Math problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Amos Leemaster dated until he saw Love?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Woodrow comes into the barbershop?
3. Who has taken Woodrow shopping in Chapter 3?
4. In class, Woodrow tells a story about a man named Floyd Collins who ________________________-.
5. How is Gypsy related to Belle Prater?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)