|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Belle's husband?
2. Who is Gypsy's stepfather?
(a) Parker Dobson.
(b) Peter Darwin.
(c) Porter Dotson.
(d) Paul DeWeese.
3. Before Porter's party, Gypsy is to wash her hair and ___________________.
(a) make lemonade.
(b) practice piano.
(c) hang streamers.
(d) set the table.
4. Who comes to visit Woodrow in Chapter 9?
5. Where did Belle's husband think she was going when she left in the night?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The shed.
(c) The privy.
(d) The hen house.
6. The spot at the shed behind Woodrow's house is where ______________________.
(a) two worlds touch.
(b) he goes to read.
(c) hobos hang out.
(d) the weeds grow really tall.
7. What items particularly delight Woodrow from the shopping trip?
(b) Comic books.
(d) School books.
8. What drink does Gypsy's mother give her while she is ill?
(a) Ice water.
(b) Hot tea.
9. Who did Belle marry?
(a) Edward Harmon.
(b) Eugene Hocker.
(c) Everett Prater.
(d) Harold Ditmer.
10. Where do Gypsy and Woodrow sneak off to during the night?
(a) The tree house.
(b) The creek.
(c) The shed.
(d) The railroad track.
11. What is the name of the town's barbershop?
(a) Coal Station Barbershop.
(b) Ben's Barbershop.
(c) Best Barbershop.
(d) Aker's Barbershop.
12. For what reason is Gypsy's mother, Love, well known in the town?
(a) She was the town beauty.
(b) She spent a short time in Europe.
(c) She once killed a man.
(d) She went to college.
13. How is Gypsy feeling by the time she reaches the movie theater?
14. What is notable about Woodrow's appearance?
(a) He is very cross-eyed.
(b) He is missing his left thumb.
(c) He has bright red hair.
(d) He has a limp.
15. Which of the following did the woman in #37 NOT do when Amos fell in love with Love?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(c) Stayed in her room.
(d) Lost weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Woodrow not sure of his birth date?
2. What is notable about Gypsy's tree house?
3. How has Woodrow affected Gypsy's life?
4. Why did Woodrow move in with his grandparents?
5. Porter tells Gypsy that if she gets him the item in #64, he won't tell Love about ___________________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)