|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Gypsy's tree house?
(a) It is painted orange.
(b) It has a phone line.
(c) It is two stories.
(d) It has furniture in it.
2. Which of the following did the woman in #37 NOT do when Amos fell in love with Love?
(a) Stayed in her room.
(b) Lost weight.
(d) Slit her wrists.
3. What day does Woodrow say he would live over again if given the chance?
(a) The day of Porter's birthday party.
(b) The day he kissed Aggie Saffer.
(c) The day he learned to ride a bicycle.
(d) The Christmas before his mother left.
4. What do Woodrow and the person in #80 talk about on the way to the movies?
(a) The high school football team.
(b) Elvis Presley's music.
(c) The World Series.
(d) Alfred Hitchcock movies.
5. Gypsy hears her mother tell the doctor something about her ___________________.
6. What is Gypsy Leemaster's middle name?
7. How long after Belle left did Woodrow move in with his grandparents?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
8. What disease does Gypsy have?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(b) Chicken Pox.
9. From whom does Gypsy take piano lessons?
(b) Mrs. Gerard.
(c) Miss Kerry.
10. What happens as Woodrow's popularity grows?
(a) He gets notes from girls at school.
(b) He gets invitations to parties.
(c) He receives more phone calls at home.
(d) He gets little gifts and candy from his classmates.
11. What is the topic of conversation when Woodrow comes into the barbershop?
(a) The next school year.
(b) The best fishing spots.
(c) The disappearance of his mother.
(d) The Cincinnati Reds.
12. Which of the following is NOT a source of trauma for Gypsy?
(a) Her father.
13. What does Woodrow want to do in his life?
(a) Design buildings.
(b) Be a travel agent.
(c) Make movies.
(d) Teach school.
14. What does Gypsy notice as the person in #74 drives away?
(a) A dragging tail pipe.
(b) Smoke coming from the exhaust.
(c) A blonde woman in the car.
(d) A hand waving out the window.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe the air behind the shack at Woodrow's house?
(a) It smells bad.
(b) It vibrates.
(c) It is thick.
(d) It is warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Porter's party, Gypsy is to wash her hair and ___________________.
2. During Sunday School, Woodrow tells a story about Buck Coleman who ________________________.
3. How old is Gypsy?
4. What is Gypsy's dog's name?
5. The spot at the shed behind Woodrow's house is where ______________________.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)