|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cooper do when she is acting as if she is drunk?
(a) She starts to take her dress off.
(b) She dances on a table.
(c) She walks right into the creek.
(d) She jumps into the swimming pool.
2. What is Porter's response when Gypsy asks what he thinks happened to Belle?
(a) She tried to stay in her marriage as long as she could and she reached her point.
(b) She always wanted to be a concert pianist and I think she is working on that dream.
(c) She disappeared a long time ago and is out in the world trying to find herself.
(d) She was probably taken away by some sinister character in an unfortunate turn of events.
3. From whom does Gypsy take piano lessons?
(a) Mrs. Gerard.
(d) Miss Kerry.
4. Gypsy has a recurring dream about _______________________.
(a) running and running down rainy streets.
(b) sitting on a hill watching trains go by.
(c) a suffering animal in a pool of blood.
(d) being chased by a man wearing a hood.
5. Why does Love think that Belle left the house?
(a) She couldn't bear to see Love with Amos.
(b) She couldn't stand small town life.
(c) She wanted to go to college.
(d) She needed a change of scenery really bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Woodrow tells a story about a young woman with _________________ who gets killed by a farmer.
2. What movie do Gypsy and Woodrow plan to see in Chapter 10?
3. What does Woodrow say that his mother most likely wanted most in her life?
4. Where did Belle's husband think she was going when she left in the night?
5. Woodrow agrees to tell Gypsy about his mother's disappearance only if she agrees to __________________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)