|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Emily think will be some of the first things she will ask the professor?
(a) She will ask him which story will be published.
(b) She will ask him about his wife .
(c) She will ask him about his own writing.
(d) She will ask him how to improve her writing.
2. Why does Emily indicate she might be frightened?
(a) She is not used to strangers.
(b) She heard a strange noise off stage.
(c) She doesn't like the spotlight.
(d) She was just had a visitor that left her unsettled
3. What word does Emily use that she feels the need to write down?
4. Why does Emily say that she wears white all of the time?
(a) To baffle the neighbors.
(b) It makes choosing clothes easier.
(c) To show her purity.
(d) It is her favorite color.
5. Why did Emily's father indicate he wanted Emily to stay home?
(a) For his health.
(b) For her own beliefs.
(c) For her health.
(d) For the sake of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily do with the man?
2. What does Emily imagine she will compliment Professor Higginson about?
3. Why does Emily say that she no longer uses her middle name?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Emily refers to her father's sister?
5. How old was Emily when she left her father for the first time?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)