|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant Champfort tell Lord Delacour about Lady Delacour's illness?
2. Where does Mr. Vincent plan to get the money he owes Mr. Percival?
3. What color is the rose Helena has in her hand when she sees Belinda has come to pick her up?
4. Who is caught trespassing at the house?
5. What is Mr. Vincent doing in chapter twenty-five when Mr. Hervey arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Feke say she is a champion of and how does that compare with Mr. Percival's opinion?
2. What does Rachel's grandmother ask of Mr. Hervey from her deathbed and what is the conversation that follows?
3. What does Belinda say she fears might happen if she gives in to Ann's request to become better acquainted with Mr. Vincent?
4. What is the news Lady Boucher brings when she comes to visit Lady Delacour and why does she say she's come to visit?
5. What does Mrs. Feke believe she's seen in Lady Delacour's room and what is her reaction when she finds out it isn't true?
6. Briefly describe the domestic tranquility Belinda finds at Ann's home.
7. How does Mr. Hervey meet Rachel?
8. What happens to make Mr. Vincent leave Oakly-park?
9. What is the reaction of Mr. Hervey and Mr. Hartley when Mr. Hervey opens Virginia's letter accepting his proposal?
10. What is the relationship between Belinda and Mr. Vincent at this point and why does Belinda feel this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Lady Delacour comes to know about Virginia and how she brings Virginia's engagement to an end?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Juba? Marriott? Champfort? What does each do to change the lives of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What caused the injury that Lady Delacour believes has led to her critical health situation? Describe the situation and the impact on all the characters involved, including Lady and Lord Delacour.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)