|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plant Lady Delacour is feeding her goldfish?
2. What color is the rose Helena has in her hand when she sees Belinda has come to pick her up?
3. What does Belinda write to her aunt about Phillip Baddely?
(a) That she is greatly attracted and hopes he will follow her.
(b) That she believes him to be handsome but incorrigible.
(c) That she knows a marriage to him would make both miserable.
(d) That she fears his temper.
4. What does Lady Delacour say Lord Delacour's reaction was upon discovering her ailment?
(a) He wasn't surprised because he already knew.
(b) He was afraid.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was shocked.
5. Where does Mr. Vincent plan to get the money he owes Mr. Percival?
(a) He plans to borrow it from Lord Delacour.
(b) He has it in the bank.
(c) He plans to borrow it from a Jew.
(d) He plans to win it back from Mrs. Luttridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creature Marriott has found that she tries to return to its owner?
2. What colors are on the carriage when Marriot arrives with an invitation to Belinda?
3. When does Belinda read Mr. Hervey's letters?
4. What crime does Juba believe he has committed that will cost him his life?
5. What does Miss St. Pierre do to prove the creature belongs to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dr. X says there are three classes of people. What are they and what does he say about each?
2. Briefly describe the domestic tranquility Belinda finds at Ann's home.
3. Why does Mr. Vincent plan to tell Belinda about his gambling losses and why does he hesitate?
4. What is the news Lady Boucher brings when she comes to visit Lady Delacour and why does she say she's come to visit?
5. What is the basic information Lady Delacour gives Mr. Hervey in the postscript of her letter?
6. What is known about the clergyman Dr. X recommends to Lady Delacour?
7. How is Mrs. Feke injured and what is her reaction?
8. What does Belinda say she fears might happen if she gives in to Ann's request to become better acquainted with Mr. Vincent?
9. What is the gist of the letter Belinda receives from Mrs. Stanhope after Belinda leaves the Delacour house?
10. How does Mr. Hervey meet Rachel?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)