|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phillip run after finding Annabelle's letter?
(b) To find Belinda.
(c) To Lady Delacour's house.
(d) To the library.
2. How does Mr. Hervey gain entrance into Mr. Vincent's hotel room?
(a) By breaking down the main door.
(b) By knocking.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a secret door in a closet.
3. Why doesn't Mr. Hervey tell Mr. Vincent that the gambling tables at Mrs. Luttridge's house are rigged?
(a) Mr. Hervey doesn't want to embarrass the hosts.
(b) Mr. Hervey wants to teach Mr. Vincent a lesson.
(c) Mr. Hervey hasn't yet figured it out.
(d) Mr. Hervey isn't able to speak to Mr. Vincent alone.
4. Why does Lady Delacour tell Dr. X the surgery must be postponed for one day?
(a) Lady Delacour believes the surgeon is in capable.
(b) Lady Delacour believes she'll die that night.
(c) Lady Delacour believes Marriott should be with her.
(d) Lady Delacour believes she might heal without the operation.
5. What does Mrs. Feke say is the reason she doesn't read?
(a) Books ruin the ability to think for oneself.
(b) She has no books available.
(c) She's so smart that she has no reason to read.
(d) She's too busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught trespassing at the house?
2. Which of the following does Lady Delacour use as an excuse to decline an invitation to Oakly-Park?
3. How old is Charles?
4. Why does Virginia say she hopes her father is rich?
5. What does the surgeon say will cure Lady Delacour's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Vincent plan to tell Belinda about his gambling losses and why does he hesitate?
2. What is the gist of the letter Belinda receives from Mrs. Stanhope after Belinda leaves the Delacour house?
3. What does Mrs. Feke say she is a champion of and how does that compare with Mr. Percival's opinion?
4. What does Mrs. Feke believe she's seen in Lady Delacour's room and what is her reaction when she finds out it isn't true?
5. What is the point of the letter Mr. Vincent shows to Belinda and what is her reaction?
6. What does Mrs. Ormond say would make Virginia excited about learning to write and why does she say she won't use that as an incentive?
7. How does Mr. Hervey meet Rachel?
8. What is the basic information Lady Delacour gives Mr. Hervey in the postscript of her letter?
9. Very briefly describe the meeting between Helena and Lady Delacour when Helena returns home from school.
10. How does Marriott come to have the information about Mr. Hervey's relationship with a young woman?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)