|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Vincent's opinion of Miss Moreton's financial status?
(a) He says she has no fortune.
(b) He says she has a fortune in jewels but won't part with them.
(c) He says she has a great deal of money.
(d) He says she's wasted her fortune on her looks.
2. What is the first piece of news Lady Boucher shares with Lady Delacour?
(a) That Belinda is engaged to Mr. Hervey.
(b) That Lord and Lady Delacour are reconciled and very happy.
(c) That Belinda is engaged to Mr. Vincent.
(d) That Lord Delacour is having an affair.
3. What are the first words Mrs. Feke says to Mr. Vincent when they meet at Oakly-park?
(a) That she's sorry for scaring Juba.
(b) That she's come with an invitation for Belinda to visit.
(c) That she's putting together a hunting party and wants him to join them.
(d) That she hopes he's getting better.
4. Who does Lady Boucher say told her that Mr. Hervey is to be married?
(a) Mr. Hervey.
(b) Lord Delacour.
(c) Mr. Hartley.
(d) Margaret Delacour.
5. What does Lady Delacour deduce by Belinda's lack of jealousy over Marriott's story?
(a) That Belinda is in love with Mr. Hervey.
(b) That Belinda is tired of listening to Marriott.
(c) That Belinda no longer cares for Mr. Hervey.
(d) That Belinda wants a bird of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lady Delacour when she reveals her ailment to her husband?
2. What does the servant Champfort tell Lord Delacour about Lady Delacour's illness?
3. Why does Lady Delacour refuse to have a curtain put up over the glass doors near her bed in the country estate?
4. What does lady Delacour say to Dr. X when he accepts her request to postpone the surgery for a day?
5. What is the course of action Mrs. Stanhope says Belinda must take in order to prompt her forgiveness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the scene that occurs when Mr. Hervey arrives asking if Lady Delacour has received a packet from him.
2. What is the situation between Lord Delacour and Lady Delacour after she reveals her illness and what is decided with regard to her decision to move to the country for the operation?
3. Very briefly describe the meeting between Helena and Lady Delacour when Helena returns home from school.
4. What does Mrs. Feke say she is a champion of and how does that compare with Mr. Percival's opinion?
5. What is the reaction of Mr. Hervey and Mr. Hartley when Mr. Hervey opens Virginia's letter accepting his proposal?
6. How is Mrs. Feke injured and what is her reaction?
7. Dr. X says there are three classes of people. What are they and what does he say about each?
8. What does Mrs. Luttridge do when she discovers that Mr. Hervey is present and why?
9. What does Mr. Percival say is the cause of so much domestic unrest and what is his opinion of that situation?
10. Briefly describe Belinda's letter to Mr. Vincent after Mr. Percival tells her about Mr. Vincent's gambling losses.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)