|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belinda send to Margaret Delacour?
(a) A goldfish.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A blue macaw.
(d) A canary.
2. How much does Belinda spend on dresses?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) One hundred fifty guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
3. What does Lady Delacour believe when she learns that Belinda is packing?
(a) That Belinda plans to leave with Helena.
(b) That Belinda plans to run away with Mr. Hervey.
(c) That Belinda is going to Mrs. Stanhope's
(d) That it's a bluff..
4. What kind of pot is this plant growing in?
(a) Tiffany glass.
5. What does the note from Lady Delacour say she's taken that assures Belinda she won't cause another scene?
(a) Mint tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Delacour say is the only noise that greatly disturbs her?
2. What question does Lady Delacour ask when Sir Phillip says that Mr. Hervey has an emotional attachment elsewhere?
3. Where does Mr. Hervey go with two other men when they leave Lady Delacour's house?
4. Where does Belinda go immediately after Lady Delacour leaves for the birth-night ball?
5. What does Mr. Hervery promise to buy for Lady Delacour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Delacour say about her conscience with regard to Lawless's death?
2. Briefly describe the scene in which Sir Phillip announces his intention to propose.
3. What is the advice Mrs. Stanhope gives Belinda about her reputation?
4. What are the basics of the note Lady Delacour sends to Belinda the day after the ball?
5. What kind of person is Anne?
6. What are Belinda's thoughts upon her discovery of having spent three hours in the library alone on the night of the birth-night ball?
7. What argument does Belinda use to keep Marriott from leaving Lady Delacour's employment?
8. What are the arguments presented by Belinda that prompt Lady Delacour to allow a doctor's presence?
9. Why does Lady Delacour say that Percival's wife spends so much time with Helena?
10. What is the result when Belinda and Lady Delacour exchange costumes for the ball?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)