|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marriott say is the first name of Miss St. Pierre?
(b) Josephine .
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) She can't remember.
2. How does Mr. Hervey gain entrance into Mr. Vincent's hotel room?
(a) Through a window.
(b) By knocking.
(c) Through a secret door in a closet.
(d) By breaking down the main door.
3. What is the quandary Mrs. Luttridge faces with regard to cheating Mr. Vincent?
(a) Whether she should make him marry her niece or simply take his money.
(b) Whether she should take all his money or only a large part of it.
(c) Whether she will be able to successfully cheat him.
(d) Whether someone will make her give the money back.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Hervey tell Mr. Vincent that the gambling tables at Mrs. Luttridge's house are rigged?
(a) Mr. Hervey wants to teach Mr. Vincent a lesson.
(b) Mr. Hervey isn't able to speak to Mr. Vincent alone.
(c) Mr. Hervey doesn't want to embarrass the hosts.
(d) Mr. Hervey hasn't yet figured it out.
5. How old is Charles?
6. What does the servant Champfort tell Lord Delacour about Lady Delacour's illness?
(a) That she's pretending .
(b) That the illness is highly contagious and they are all infected.
(c) That she has brought the illness on herself.
(d) That she's going to die within a few weeks.
7. How old does Mr. Hervey discover Virginia is on the first birthday she celebrates after the two meet?
8. How many days does Ann suggest Belinda wait before deciding against Mr. Vincent's proposal?
9. What does Lady Boucher say about Mr. Hervey's feelings for Belinda?
(a) That he's jealous of her relationship with Lady Delacour.
(b) That he is angry with her .
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he is too fickle to love anyone, even Belinda.
10. What is the creature Marriott has found that she tries to return to its owner?
(a) A bullfinch.
(b) A cat.
(c) A pony.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Lady Delacour say would help the state of Lord Delacour's library?
(a) A chaplain.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A nun.
12. What does Charles Percival want Belinda to take to Helena?
(a) A plant she can feed to her goldfish.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A locket he made himself.
(d) An invitation to his birthday party.
13. Why does Mr. Percival need the money?
(a) He is planning to go on vacation.
(b) He is setting up a partnership for a cousin.
(c) He is buying into a business.
(d) He is establishing a home for some poor relatives.
14. Where is Lady Delacour when she reveals her ailment to her husband?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the library.
(d) In her bedroom.
15. What is the gift Mr. Vincent gives Juba?
(a) A tambourine.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A puppy..
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Delacour elect to remain in town while Lady Delacour retires to the country for her operation?
2. What happens to Mr. Vincent on the day before his wedding?
3. Why does Lady Delacour say she approves of the relationship between Belinda and Mr. Vincent?
4. What does Belinda most enjoy about staying with the Percival's?
5. What deal does Mrs. Feke offer to entice Belinda to attend a ball at Harrowgate?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)