|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marriott say is the first name of Miss St. Pierre?
(b) Mary Jane.
(c) Josephine .
(d) She can't remember.
2. What is the name of the large dog belonging to Mr. Vincent?
3. Who does Lady Delacour say first taught Lord Delacour to drink?
(a) A chaplain.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A nun.
(d) No one.
4. What does Mrs. Ormond's husband do for a living?
(a) He's a teacher.
(b) He's in the military.
(c) Nothing, he's dead.
(d) He's a hunter.
5. What is the name of the plant Lady Delacour is feeding her goldfish?
6. What does Belinda most enjoy about staying with the Percival's?
(a) That the family forms something of a society.
(b) All the above.
(c) That everyone works together.
(d) That even the youngest children take part in amusements.
7. Why does Lord Delacour elect to remain in town while Lady Delacour retires to the country for her operation?
(a) Because he's afraid to be with her at the time of her operation.
(b) Because she's angry with him.
(c) To lessen public curiosity over the situation.
(d) Because he's angry with her.
8. What does Mrs. Feke say is Mr. Vincent's reason for remaining at Oakly-park?
(a) Mr. Vincent has been ill.
(b) Belinda's presence there.
(c) Juba is afraid to return to Harrowgate.
(d) Mr. Vincent's carriage broke down and he has no transportation.
9. Why does Lady Delacour refuse to have a curtain put up over the glass doors near her bed in the country estate?
(a) She enjoys the moonlight.
(b) She doesn't think she has the right to install a curtain.
(c) She likes to open the doors for fresh air.
(d) She doesn't want to hamper Mr. Hervey's visits.
10. How does Mr. Hervey gain entrance into Mr. Vincent's hotel room?
(a) By breaking down the main door.
(b) Through a secret door in a closet.
(c) By knocking.
(d) Through a window.
11. What does Lady Boucher say about Mr. Hervey's feelings for Belinda?
(a) That he is angry with her .
(b) That he's jealous of her relationship with Lady Delacour.
(c) That he is too fickle to love anyone, even Belinda.
(d) That he loves her.
12. Why does Mr. Percival need the money?
(a) He is buying into a business.
(b) He is setting up a partnership for a cousin.
(c) He is planning to go on vacation.
(d) He is establishing a home for some poor relatives.
13. What does lady Delacour say to Dr. X when he accepts her request to postpone the surgery for a day?
(a) That she's going to send for a nurse to care for her during her recovery.
(b) That she was only looking for an excuse to delay the operation.
(c) That she's going to send Helena away first.
(d) That she's called for a second opinion.
14. Why does Virginia say she hopes her father is rich?
(a) So that she can give something back to Mr. Hervey.
(b) So she can buy clothes necessary to marry Mr. Hervey.
(c) So she can support herself, relieving Mr. Hervey of that burden.
(d) So he can take her away.
15. Why does Belinda say she'll take over Marriott's duty to attend Lady Delacour during her surgery?
(a) Marriott has gone to the village to order food.
(b) Belinda promised and Mariott is incapable.
(c) Marriott is tending Helena who has fallen ill.
(d) Belinda wants to prove her loyalty and order Marriott away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann suggest this number of days to wait before Belinda makes a decision regarding Mr. Vincent's proposal?
2. What color is the rose Helena has in her hand when she sees Belinda has come to pick her up?
3. Where does Mr. Vincent plan to get the money he owes Mr. Percival?
4. Which of the following reasons does Lady Delacour give for thinking of Mr. Hervey?
5. Who sent for Mr. Vincent when he was on his way to see Belinda in chapter twenty-nine?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)