|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann suggest this number of days to wait before Belinda makes a decision regarding Mr. Vincent's proposal?
(a) It's the number of days typically suggested in fairy tales.
(b) It's a week.
(c) It's a month.
(d) It's the number of days Ann waited before accepting Mr. Percival's proposal.
2. How does Mr. Hervey gain entrance into Mr. Vincent's hotel room?
(a) By breaking down the main door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) By knocking.
(d) Through a secret door in a closet.
3. What deal does Mrs. Feke offer to entice Belinda to attend a ball at Harrowgate?
(a) Attend and have Mrs. Feke for a sworn friend.
(b) Attend and find many men looking for wives.
(c) Attend and have an incredible evening of dancing.
(d) Attend and learn more about women's rights.
4. What is the only item Rachel considers important enough to take with her when she leaves the cottage?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A photo of her grandmother.
(c) A bullfinch.
(d) He grandmother's locket.
5. What reason does Lord Delacour give for dismissing Champfort?
(a) Lord Delacour says that Champfort argued with him.
(b) Lord Delacour says that Champfort lied about Lady Delacour.
(c) Lord Delacour says that Champfort stole money.
(d) Lord Delacour says that Champfort is too old to be of value.
6. What does the little girl named Lucy have in her hand when she encounters Belinda?
(a) A basket of eggs.
(b) A doll.
(c) A stool.
(d) A banjo.
7. What does Lady Delacour say would help the state of Lord Delacour's library?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A nun.
(d) A chaplain.
8. What does Belinda believe Mr. Vincent hopes to gain from his time with her?
(b) A mistress.
(d) Only friendship.
9. Why does Lady Delacour say she believes this?
(a) She has seen what she believes to be visions foretelling her death.
(b) She has heard rumors of the surgeon's incompetence.
(c) She knows Marriott will recover .
(d) She has suddenly had a decrease in pain.
10. What does Belinda write to her aunt about Phillip Baddely?
(a) That she knows a marriage to him would make both miserable.
(b) That she believes him to be handsome but incorrigible.
(c) That she fears his temper.
(d) That she is greatly attracted and hopes he will follow her.
11. What color is the rose Helena has in her hand when she sees Belinda has come to pick her up?
12. Which of the following does Lady Delacour use as an excuse to decline an invitation to Oakly-Park?
(a) That she shouldn't leave Lord Delacour the minute she's recovered.
(b) That she doesn't want Belinda to return to Mr. Vincent.
(c) That Anne doesn't really want her there.
(d) That she can't stand the thought of seeing Mr. Percival.
13. What wish does Helena make when her mother offers to give her anything she wants?
(a) A new doll.
(b) A pony.
(c) A puppy.
(d) For Lady Delacour to reunite with Aunt Margaret.
14. Why does Virginia say she hopes her father is rich?
(a) So he can take her away.
(b) So she can support herself, relieving Mr. Hervey of that burden.
(c) So she can buy clothes necessary to marry Mr. Hervey.
(d) So that she can give something back to Mr. Hervey.
15. What is Mr. Vincent's opinion of Miss Moreton's financial status?
(a) He says she has a great deal of money.
(b) He says she has a fortune in jewels but won't part with them.
(c) He says she's wasted her fortune on her looks.
(d) He says she has no fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Delacour say first taught Lord Delacour to drink?
2. What does Lady Delacour deduce by Belinda's lack of jealousy over Marriott's story?
3. Why was Rachel never taught to write?
4. Why does Mr. Percival need the money?
5. What is the course of action Mrs. Stanhope says Belinda must take in order to prompt her forgiveness?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)