|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Delacour say a man is lost to once he marries?
(a) Gallantry and love.
(b) Ballroom events and fun..
(c) Fashion and gallantry.
(d) Love and ballroom events.
2. What does Lord Delacour believe he will find behind the locked door in Lady Delacour's bedchamber?
(a) A man.
(b) Signs of gambling debts.
(d) Expensive clothing.
3. What game is the Spanish gentleman talking about at Lady Delacour's party?
4. How does Lady Delacour say Lawless died?
(a) He was hanged for stealing a horse.
(b) He was accidentally hit by a carriage.
(c) He took an overdose of opium.
(d) He was shot by Lord Delacour in a duel.
5. What does Mr. Hervery promise to buy for Lady Delacour?
(a) A summer house.
(b) A bracelet .
(c) A puppy.
(d) A pair of horses
6. What does Mr. Hervey bring with him when he comes to visit Belinda after the count leaves?
(a) A canary from Helena.
(c) A necklace from Helena.
(d) The goldfish from Helena.
7. What is the first feature to strike Mr. Hervey about Anne?
(a) Her lilting voice and small nose.
(b) Her happiness outweighs everything else.
(c) Her brown eyes.
(d) Her blue eyes.
8. How many children does Lady Delacour say she gave birth to during her first five years of marriage?
9. Why does Mr. Hervey lose the bet he makes with Lady Delacour regarding hoops?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) A conversation about marriage.
(c) The sound of Lord Delacour's voice.
(d) The sight of Belinda's hair.
10. What does Margaret Delacour say about Mr. Hervey after he leaves her home?
(a) That he wasn't what she expected.
(b) That he was a prude.
(c) That he was younger than she'd first believed.
(d) That he was a vain man.
11. What does Belinda say she is reminded of by Lady Delacour's actions?
(a) A generous princess.
(b) A spoiled actress.
(c) A talented sportswoman.
(d) A spiteful old spinster.
12. What is the plant Lady Delacour uses to encourage guests to leave Mrs. Luttredge's party in favor of her own?
(a) A ferm.
(b) An orchid.
(c) An aloe.
(d) A cannabis.
13. How much is the bet between Lady Delacour and Mr. Hervey regarding hoops?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) One hundred fifty guineas.
14. What does Belinda say she will do with regard to Mr. Hervey's gift?
(a) Pay for it herself.
(b) Tell him that Lady Delacour lied.
(c) Ask Lord Delacour to repay Mr. Hervey.
(d) Tell Lord Delacour that Lady Delacour asked for the gift.
15. What emotions are evoked by Lady Delacour's history?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Belinda go immediately after Lady Delacour leaves for the birth-night ball?
2. What kind of animal is Clarence Hervey driving in order to create a distraction?
3. Who is at Dr. X's home when he returns from Lady Delacour's house?
4. What are the two reasons Belinda says she has to protect herself against being in a compromising situation with Mr. Hervey?
5. What does Sir Phillip have in his hand when he announces to Belinda his intention to marry her?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)