|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hervey say he's paying ten guineas for?
(a) For having better manners than the others.
(b) For the wine .
(c) For dinner.
(d) For a bet he lost.
2. Where does Lady Delacour say she's seen a picture of madame de Grignan?
(a) Lady Stanhope's house
(b) Strawberry Hill.
(c) Mr. Hervey's summer house.
(d) Mr. Hervey's London home.
3. What does Helena say she wants to do while her mother is ill?
(a) Helena wants to get regular updates on her mother's condition.
(b) Helena wants to arrange for a nurse.
(c) Helena wants to invite Lady Delacour to visit.
(d) Helena wants to stay with Lady Delacour.
4. Why does Lady Delacour say she won't go to one of the best doctors in the area for her upcoming operation?
(a) She believes any honorable doctor will tell Lord Delacour.
(b) She believes those doctors will cost too much.
(c) She believes she's found someone with an herbal remedy.
(d) She believes those doctors won't have the latest medical knowledge.
5. What does Mrs. Stanhope say always follows envy?
(d) Public displays of emotion.
6. What does Lord Delacour ask when he enters the room where Sir Phillip and Belinda are talking about marriage?
(a) He asks if Belinda is alright.
(b) He asks if Sir Phillip has permission to be alone with Belinda.
(c) He asks if anyone has seen the footman.
(d) He asks how Lady Delacour is doing.
7. What does the note from Lady Delacour say she's taken that assures Belinda she won't cause another scene?
(d) Mint tea.
8. What does Dr. X say is his final judgment on Belinda after their morning's visit?
(a) He says she is overly cautious.
(b) He says she is perfect.
(c) He says he cannot judge after a single visit.
(d) He says she is cold and calculating.
9. Why does Lady Delacour say the mistress is of no consequence to Belinda?
(a) Because Mr. Hervey won't marry a girl who has been his mistress for so long.
(b) Because she believes the girl is really too young to marry anyway.
(c) Because Mr. Hervey would end that relationship before proposing to Belinda.
(d) Because Mr. Hervey won't want to marry Belinda.
10. What does Helena ask to send to her mother?
(b) A canary.
(c) A blue macaw.
(d) A necklace.
11. Where does Mr. Hervey go with two other men when they leave Lady Delacour's house?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To taste wine.
(c) To gamble.
(d) To a brothel.
12. What does Mr. Hervey bring with him when he comes to visit Belinda after the count leaves?
(b) A necklace from Helena.
(c) The goldfish from Helena.
(d) A canary from Helena.
13. What does Lady Delacour say Belinda would see if she were to open her eyes?
(a) That Lady Stanhope is nearing death.
(b) That Belinda has to spend money in order to gain a suitor.
(c) That Lady Delacour is nearing death.
(d) That Mr. Hervery is in love with her.
14. What does Lady Delacour say is the only noise that greatly disturbs her?
(a) Marriott's macaw..
(b) The screech of people arguing.
(c) The peal of children's laughter.
(d) Noisy footmen at the door.
15. How does Lady Delacour say Lawless died?
(a) He was accidentally hit by a carriage.
(b) He took an overdose of opium.
(c) He was shot by Lord Delacour in a duel.
(d) He was hanged for stealing a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hervey say was in his way that cost him the race against Sir Phillip?
2. Who saves Mr. Hervey from drowning?
3. Who wins the game between Mr. Hervey and the Spainaird?
4. Who is the first person Lady Delacour and Belinda see when they enter the dance at Lady Singleton's house?
5. Where do the men go after Mr. Hervey becomes somewhat drunk?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)