|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Lady Delacour say she gave birth to during her first five years of marriage?
2. Where does Mr. Hervey go with two other men when they leave Lady Delacour's house?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To a brothel.
(c) To taste wine.
(d) To gamble.
3. Who promises the gift to the winner?
(a) Lady Delacour.
(b) Dr. X.
(d) Mr. Hervey.
4. What does Lady Delacour say a man is lost to once he marries?
(a) Love and ballroom events.
(b) Ballroom events and fun..
(c) Gallantry and love.
(d) Fashion and gallantry.
5. Who does Lady Delacour say is the only man who truly loved her?
(a) Her father.
(b) Lord Delacour.
(c) Mr. Hervey.
6. On what day of the week does Mrs. Stanhope write the letter to Belinda bout jealousy?
7. Where does Belinda go immediately after Lady Delacour leaves for the birth-night ball?
(a) The library.
(b) Lady Delacour's dressing room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) To the balcony to watch others going to the event.
8. What does Sir Phillip have in his hand when he announces to Belinda his intention to marry her?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pendent.
(c) A stick.
(d) A locket.
9. Who is at Dr. X's home when he returns from Lady Delacour's house?
(a) Mr. Hervey.
(c) Lord Delacour.
(d) Mrs. Luttridge.
10. What is the advice in the song Dr. X sings just before he prepares to leave for Cambridge?
(a) That it's good to give way occasionally to jealousy.
(b) That it's good to sometimes allow foolishness.
(c) That it's good to have one love at a time.
(d) That it's good for a man to have mistresses.
11. Why does Lady Delacour say the mistress is of no consequence to Belinda?
(a) Because Mr. Hervey won't want to marry Belinda.
(b) Because Mr. Hervey would end that relationship before proposing to Belinda.
(c) Because Mr. Hervey won't marry a girl who has been his mistress for so long.
(d) Because she believes the girl is really too young to marry anyway.
12. What does Lady Delacour say Belinda would see if she were to open her eyes?
(a) That Lady Delacour is nearing death.
(b) That Lady Stanhope is nearing death.
(c) That Mr. Hervery is in love with her.
(d) That Belinda has to spend money in order to gain a suitor.
13. What does Lady Delacour believe when she learns that Belinda is packing?
(a) That it's a bluff..
(b) That Belinda is going to Mrs. Stanhope's
(c) That Belinda plans to run away with Mr. Hervey.
(d) That Belinda plans to leave with Helena.
14. Who is the servant holding the Lady Delacour's costumes as she tries to make a decision?
15. What color are the liveries brought by Lord Delacour for Lady Delacour's inspection?
(a) Orange and white.
(b) Black and blue.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Black and orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop does Harriett Feke run into while Clarence Hervey is creating a distraction?
2. Where does Mrs. Standhope live?
3. What does Mr. Hervey say was in his way that cost him the race against Sir Phillip?
4. What are the two reasons Belinda says she has to protect herself against being in a compromising situation with Mr. Hervey?
5. What is the secret that Lady Delacour reveals to Belinda?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)