|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 2, Chapters 20 and 21: Reconciliation and Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belinda say she cannot take this to Helena?
(a) Because the gift is too heavy.
(b) Because Charles' mother forbids it.
(c) Because she doesn't plan to return to the Delacour house.
(d) Because Lady Delacour forbids it.
2. How does Lady Delacour say the lawyers managed to raise money once she and her husband were in distress?
(a) They sold shares of Lord Delacour's company.
(b) They got money charms from gypsies.
(c) She doesn't care how.
(d) They inherited money from a rich aunt.
3. What does the note from Lady Delacour say she's taken that assures Belinda she won't cause another scene?
(d) Mint tea.
4. What does Anne say when she's invited to a second glass of wine?
(a) She never has more than one .
(b) She prefers brandy.
(c) She never drinks wine.
(d) She's already had her second.
5. What does Mrs. Feke say is the reason she doesn't read?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's so smart that she has no reason to read.
(c) Books ruin the ability to think for oneself.
(d) She has no books available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Belinda go immediately after Lady Delacour leaves for the birth-night ball?
2. What reason does Lord Delacour give for dismissing Champfort?
3. What game is the Spanish gentleman talking about at Lady Delacour's party?
4. What does Mrs. Stanhope say always follows envy?
5. What does Mr. Hervey bring with him when he comes to visit Belinda after the count leaves?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)