|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 11 and 12: Difficulties and The Macaw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Delacour say Lawless died?
(a) He took an overdose of opium.
(b) He was hanged for stealing a horse.
(c) He was accidentally hit by a carriage.
(d) He was shot by Lord Delacour in a duel.
2. How old does Lady Delacour say Lord Delacour is?
3. Where do the men go after Mr. Hervey becomes somewhat drunk?
(a) To Hyde Park.
(b) To Lady Delacour's house.
(c) To Center Street.
(d) To the public baths.
4. What is the first feature to strike Mr. Hervey about Anne?
(a) Her blue eyes.
(b) Her happiness outweighs everything else.
(c) Her lilting voice and small nose.
(d) Her brown eyes.
5. What piece of vanity causes the accident that prompts Lady Delacour's accident?
(a) Lady Delacour has young, undisciplined horses.
(b) All the above.
(c) Mrs. Luttridge refuses to arrive after Lady Delacour.
(d) Lady Delacour refuses to arrive after Mrs. Luttridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plant Lady Delacour uses to encourage guests to leave Mrs. Luttredge's party in favor of her own?
2. Where does Mr. Hervey go with two other men when they leave Lady Delacour's house?
3. Where does the wine merchant live?
4. How does Sir Phillip say he caught sight of the girl to whom Mr. Hervey is attached?
5. What are the two reasons Belinda says she has to protect herself against being in a compromising situation with Mr. Hervey?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)