|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 11 and 12: Difficulties and The Macaw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lady Delacour say Belinda will be free to have a relationship with Mr. Hervey?
(a) As soon as Mr. Hervey proposes marriage.
(b) After Lady Delcour is dead.
(c) As soon as Mrs. Stanhope gives her blessing.
(d) Whenever she wants.
2. Why does Lady Delacour ask Belinda to help with her pearls?
(a) Because Lady Delacour can't reach the clasp.
(b) So that Belinda can hide her blushes.
(c) She hopes Belinda will compliment her on the pearls.
(d) The pearls are new and she doesn't know how to fasten them.
3. Why does Mr. Hervey lose the bet he makes with Lady Delacour regarding hoops?
(a) The sight of Belinda's hair.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) The sound of Lord Delacour's voice.
(d) A conversation about marriage.
4. Where does Mrs. Standhope live?
5. What does Helena ask to send to her mother?
(b) A blue macaw.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A canary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions are evoked by Lady Delacour's history?
2. What is the decision Lady Delacour is trying to make regarding a costume?
3. What piece of vanity causes the accident that prompts Lady Delacour's accident?
4. What does Margaret Delacour say about Mr. Hervey after he leaves her home?
5. What kind of pot is this plant growing in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)