|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 11 and 12: Difficulties and The Macaw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Delacour call the little cabinet beyond her bedchamber?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) A toilette.
(c) A cabinet.
(d) A boudoir.
2. What does Lady Delacour say are Lawless's dying words?
(a) That he hadn't meant to hurt anyone.
(b) That he loves Lady Delacour and leaves his fortune to her.
(c) That she is innocent and Lord Delacour shouldn't be prosecuted.
(d) That he had only borrowed the horse.
3. Where does Belinda go immediately after Lady Delacour leaves for the birth-night ball?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) To the balcony to watch others going to the event.
(c) Lady Delacour's dressing room.
(d) The library.
4. What does Helena say she wants to do while her mother is ill?
(a) Helena wants to get regular updates on her mother's condition.
(b) Helena wants to arrange for a nurse.
(c) Helena wants to invite Lady Delacour to visit.
(d) Helena wants to stay with Lady Delacour.
5. Who is the first person Lady Delacour and Belinda see when they enter the dance at Lady Singleton's house?
(b) Lady Singleton.
(c) Mr. Hervey.
(d) Lord Singleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question the children ask the doctor about fish?
2. Where does Anne say she met Belinda?
3. What does Mr. Hervey say should be used to crown him after a while in the wine merchant's shop?
4. What does the note from Lady Delacour say she's taken that assures Belinda she won't cause another scene?
5. Who is at Dr. X's home when he returns from Lady Delacour's house?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)