|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 11 and 12: Difficulties and The Macaw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Delacour believe he will find behind the locked door in Lady Delacour's bedchamber?
(a) Expensive clothing.
(b) A man.
(d) Signs of gambling debts.
2. What does Lady Delacour say is the only noise that greatly disturbs her?
(a) The screech of people arguing.
(b) The peal of children's laughter.
(c) Marriott's macaw..
(d) Noisy footmen at the door.
3. What is the question the children ask the doctor about fish?
(a) Where they go when the die.
(b) Whether they can hear.
(c) Whether they can be other colors.
(d) What they most like to eat.
4. What emotions are evoked by Lady Delacour's history?
5. What almost immediately causes Mr. Hervey to make a mistake?
(a) The sight of Belinda brushing her hair.
(b) The sight of Belinda behind the Spainaird's chair.
(c) The sight of Belinda talking with Dr. X.
(d) The sight of Belinda blowing Mr. Hervey a kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lady Delacour say it's too late for a lady to change her mind?
2. Who is the servant holding the Lady Delacour's costumes as she tries to make a decision?
3. What does Mr. Hervey say he's paying ten guineas for?
4. What is the first feature to strike Mr. Hervey about Anne?
5. What does Anne say when she's invited to a second glass of wine?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)