|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 7 and 8: The Serpentine River and A Family Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions are evoked by Lady Delacour's history?
2. What does Mr. Hervey say he's paying ten guineas for?
(a) For dinner.
(b) For a bet he lost.
(c) For the wine .
(d) For having better manners than the others.
3. What is the decision Lady Delacour is trying to make regarding a costume?
(a) Comedy or tragedy.
(b) Royalty or poverty.
(c) Goddess or princess.
(d) Green or blue.
4. When does Lady Delacour say Belinda will be free to have a relationship with Mr. Hervey?
(a) As soon as Mrs. Stanhope gives her blessing.
(b) As soon as Mr. Hervey proposes marriage.
(c) After Lady Delcour is dead.
(d) Whenever she wants.
5. What is the first feature to strike Mr. Hervey about Anne?
(a) Her brown eyes.
(b) Her blue eyes.
(c) Her lilting voice and small nose.
(d) Her happiness outweighs everything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Lady Delacour say Lord Delacour is?
2. Who does Lady Delacour say is the only man who truly loved her?
3. Where does Anne say she met Belinda?
4. Where does Mrs. Stanhope say Belinda's bracelet was found?
5. Who is the first person Lady Delacour and Belinda see when they enter the dance at Lady Singleton's house?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)