|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 7 and 8: The Serpentine River and A Family Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hervey say is to be his reward for delivering Belinda's bracelet?
(a) That she'll give him a kiss.
(b) That she'll give him money.
(c) That he can put it on her arm.
(d) That she'll honor him with a dance.
2. What does Lady Delacour say caused the final break with her friend, Mrs. Freke?
(a) She'd had an affair with Mr. Hervey.
(b) She'd gone to visit Mrs. Stanhope.
(c) She'd had an affair with Lord Delacour.
(d) She'd gone to the country with Mrs. Luttridge.
3. What does Belinda discover Lady Delacour has done with money Belinda gave her?
(a) Spent it on horses.
(b) Spent it on a coach.
(c) Gave it to Lord Delacour.
(d) Used it to repay Mr. Hervey.
4. What are Mr. Hervey's talents that distinguish him at Oxford?
5. What does Mr. Hervey discover about the girl named Helena?
(a) That she hates cherries.
(b) That she was named for Lady Delacour's mother.
(c) That she's Lady Delacour's daughter.
(d) That she is very interested in mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Delacour say Lawless died?
2. How old does Lady Delacour say Lord Delacour is?
3. Where does Mrs. Standhope live?
4. Where do the men go after Mr. Hervey becomes somewhat drunk?
5. What kind of animal is Clarence Hervey driving in order to create a distraction?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)