|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 7 and 8: The Serpentine River and A Family Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Delacour say is the only man who truly loved her?
(a) Mr. Hervey.
(b) Lord Delacour.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Margaret Delacour say about Mr. Hervey after he leaves her home?
(a) That he was younger than she'd first believed.
(b) That he wasn't what she expected.
(c) That he was a vain man.
(d) That he was a prude.
3. What is the secret that Lady Delacour reveals to Belinda?
(a) That she can't dance.
(b) That she is afraid of her husband.
(c) That she's dying.
(d) That she is really a shy person.
4. When does Lady Delacour say it's too late for a lady to change her mind?
(a) When she walks into the room.
(c) When she exits the carriage.
(d) When she leaves the house.
5. Where do the men go after Mr. Hervey becomes somewhat drunk?
(a) To Center Street.
(b) To the public baths.
(c) To Lady Delacour's house.
(d) To Hyde Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Belinda the morning after the ball?
2. Where does Mrs. Standhope live?
3. What is the decision Lady Delacour is trying to make regarding a costume?
4. Who is the servant holding the Lady Delacour's costumes as she tries to make a decision?
5. Who saves Mr. Hervey from drowning?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)