|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Belinda. Volume 1, Chapters 9 and 10: Advice and The Mysterious Boudoir.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first feature to strike Mr. Hervey about Anne?
(a) Her lilting voice and small nose.
(b) Her blue eyes.
(c) Her brown eyes.
(d) Her happiness outweighs everything else.
2. Who is at Dr. X's home when he returns from Lady Delacour's house?
(a) Mr. Hervey.
(c) Mrs. Luttridge.
(d) Lord Delacour.
3. What does Lady Delacour say caused the final break with her friend, Mrs. Freke?
(a) She'd had an affair with Mr. Hervey.
(b) She'd had an affair with Lord Delacour.
(c) She'd gone to the country with Mrs. Luttridge.
(d) She'd gone to visit Mrs. Stanhope.
4. What does Lady Delacour say are Lawless's dying words?
(a) That she is innocent and Lord Delacour shouldn't be prosecuted.
(b) That he loves Lady Delacour and leaves his fortune to her.
(c) That he had only borrowed the horse.
(d) That he hadn't meant to hurt anyone.
5. What does the note from Lady Delacour say she's taken that assures Belinda she won't cause another scene?
(c) Mint tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the servant holding the Lady Delacour's costumes as she tries to make a decision?
2. What emotions are evoked by Lady Delacour's history?
3. What does Belinda say she will do with regard to Mr. Hervey's gift?
4. What does Mr. Hervey discover about the girl named Helena?
5. What does Belinda say she is reminded of by Lady Delacour's actions?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)