|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gen now attracted to?
2. What does Victor think is important for Roxane?
3. How does life shift in the house after Messner brings the music box?
4. What does Messner exude on his final visit?
5. What does the garden look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatriz decide to be merciful towards Carmen and Gen?
2. What does Gen's kindness to Beatriz foreshadow?
3. As Mr. Hosokawa has gotten used to being in the house, what has he gotten an appreciation for?
4. Why do Victor and everyone else in the house fall in love with Roxane?
5. Why does Ruben think he can ask Roxan to begin preparing food for the house?
6. What don't Gen and Roxane realize that Carmen is doing by helping them?
7. What activity do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjiman participate in together and why do they enjoy each other's company?
8. What happens when Cesar begins to sing a capella?
9. What does General Benjamin realize about the way he handled the siege?
10. What does Benjamin ask Gen to relay to his employer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do all of the characters join together to create a disillusioned environment in the house?
Why are they all eager to protect the fake world they have created?
Essay Topic 2
As the guara settles over the house, it allows the hostages and terrorists to forget that they are on separate teams.
How is the guara a symbol for the unrealistic world that the hostages and terrorists now find themselves in?
Why does not being able to see outside of the house cause everyone to create their own worlds?
Essay Topic 3
As Messner visits the house for the last time, he warns Gen that the government has figured out a solution to the problem of the terrorists.
Why does Gen blatantly ignore the warning?
How could Gen have warned everyone and possibly saved Carmen's life?
Do you think everyone in the house is responsible for outcome of the siege?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)