|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar fall in love with?
(b) He falls in love with the house.
(c) He falls in love with music.
2. What does Messner feel for the terrorists?
3. What does Messner realize about this hostage situation?
(a) Messner realizes that he does not care who wins this siege.
(b) He wants everyone to survive.
(c) Messner agrees with the terrorists.
(d) He agrees with the government.
4. What does Roxane want Gen and Carmen to help her with?
(a) Picking out something flattering to wear.
(b) Fixing her hair.
(c) Consummating her realtionship with Mr. Hosokawa.
(d) Getting a present for Hosokawa.
5. What does Gen finally realize?
(a) He will edit to save his job.
(b) It is not up to him to edit other people's messages.
(c) He does not like relaying love messages.
(d) He wishes he could take a break.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although love is blooming, what do they refuse to acknowledge in the background?
2. What does the meeting in this location prove to be for Carmen and Gen?
3. Who does Victor ask to help him profess his love to Carmen?
4. How do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjamin spend a lot of their time?
5. What does Gen wish he could do with Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen realize the house has become for everyone and how do the people inside of it choose to live their lives?
2. What activity do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjiman participate in together and why do they enjoy each other's company?
3. Why do Victor and everyone else in the house fall in love with Roxane?
4. Why does Father become upset with everyone's reaction to the garden?
5. What happens when all of the hostages learn that they may go outside?
6. Why does Gen panic at Messner's news?
7. What happens when the South American country's army finally comes in to the home?
8. What prompts Beatriz to go to Father Arguedas?
9. What does General Benjamin realize about the way he handled the siege?
10. What is a milestone for Carmen and Gen?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)