|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gen and Carmen try to make rules about?
(a) How they will see each other privately.
(b) Whether or not they will make love at all.
(c) When they will study.
(d) When they will make love.
2. Although love is blooming, what do they refuse to acknowledge in the background?
(a) That something bad will happen soon.
(b) No one is happy.
(c) The country is in unrest.
(d) The terrorists are plotting.
3. Who realizes that Roxane is in love with Mr. Hosokawa?
4. What does Gen give to Beatriz?
(a) His pants.
(b) A sweatshirt.
(c) His watch.
(d) His jacket.
5. Who is Roxane thinking about as she gives her speech?
(b) Her lover from home.
(c) Mr. Hosowaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen cause Gen to realize about himself?
2. What must Gen translate to Roxane?
3. How do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjamin spend a lot of their time?
4. If they really examined their situation, what would they all be feeling?
5. What could happen to Carmen if they are discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What don't Gen and Roxane realize that Carmen is doing by helping them?
2. What prompts Beatriz to go to Father Arguedas?
3. What happens when the South American country's army finally comes in to the home?
4. As Mr. Hosokawa has gotten used to being in the house, what has he gotten an appreciation for?
5. What happens when all of the hostages learn that they may go outside?
6. Why does Beatriz decide to be merciful towards Carmen and Gen?
7. Why does Gen panic at Messner's news?
8. Why does Father become upset with everyone's reaction to the garden?
9. What does Benjamin ask Gen to relay to his employer?
10. What does Gen's kindness to Beatriz foreshadow?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)