|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hosokawa feel responsible for the the kidnapping?
(a) His government warned him not to come.
(b) He did not do anything to help save the people.
(c) Everyone was in the theater for his birthday.
(d) He wants alone time with Roxane.
2. When the hostages look out of the window, what do they find?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A large rain cloud.
(c) Clear beauitful weather.
(d) A huge cloud of heavy fog.
3. What type of role do you think that Father Arguedas will take on in the story?
(a) He will help all the hostages feel better.
(b) He will be aggressively trying to get nonbelievers to convert.
(c) Play an important mediator role during the hostage situation.
(d) He will be a little too into confrontation.
4. Why have the terrorists taken over Ruben's house?
(a) They want one million dollars.
(b) They wanted to kill the President in front of millions of people.
(c) They want to burn it down.
(d) They want to free General Benjamin's brother, Luis, from jail.
5. How does Roxane Cross feel about being the only woman forced to stay?
(b) She is outraged and upset.
(d) Sad and unfortunate.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the siege, what are the terrorists learning?
2. What does Carmen ask Gen to help her with?
3. As time goes on, what happens to the hostages and terrorists?
4. What do the hostages think is happening while some are led out of the room?
5. Where Carmen is from, how do children make a better life for themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hosokawa feel like the hostage situation is his fault?
2. Why is it important for Mr. Hosokawa to be at the birthday party?
3. What aspects of the situation have led Simon to re-evaluate his life?
4. As time goes on, how do the hostages and terrorists start to treat one another?
5. Who is finally allowed to leave the house and why?
6. When the terrorists learn that the President is not at the birthday party, what happens?
7. Although the terrorists seem to have all the control in the situation, what do the hostages offer?
8. Why has Gen become incredibly busy during his stay at Ruben's house?
9. Why are the generals happy that the new group is smaller and how do they work to whittle down their hostage group?
10. How old do the terrorists seem to be?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)