|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, who else is released?
(a) The shorter men.
(b) The non buisness men.
(c) The people with less political connections.
(d) At the end of the chapter, the less wealthy people are released.
2. For Carmen the siege has been one of the _______ times of her life.
(c) Most fun.
3. How does Roxane react to Mr. Hosokawa's apology?
(a) She is embarassed by his concern.
(b) She is mad with him.
(c) She becomes incesnsed.
(d) She says she does not blame him at all.
4. What does Gen begin to record about all the hostages?
(a) He records all of the different hostages by profession and income.
(b) Their voices so that they can send messages to their families.
(c) Written letters to their families.
(d) Their looks.
5. What does Messner learn about Carmen?
(a) She is vicous for being so young.
(b) She is seventeen and wants to work to free the people.
(c) She volunteered to become a terrorist because she likes killing.
(d) She wants to be an American citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the accompanist gets sicker, what does one of the hostages do for him?
2. When the hostages look out of the window, what do they find?
3. What does Carmen ask Gen to help her with?
4. During the siege, what are the terrorists learning?
5. Who plays the piano for Roxane when she wants to sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the health of the accompanist?
2. When Roxane wishes to sing, who helps her and why is it a surprise?
3. What feelings does Roxane make everyone feel throughout the house?
4. How does Roxane begin to feel about Mr. Hosokawa?
5. How does Joachim Messner feel about being at Ruben's house?
6. As the hostages get used to their new home, what do they learn about their surroundings?
7. What aspects of the situation have led Simon to re-evaluate his life?
8. Why does Mr. Hosokawa feel like the hostage situation is his fault?
9. As time goes on, how do the hostages and terrorists start to treat one another?
10. Although the terrorists seem to have all the control in the situation, what do the hostages offer?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)