|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Messner do for the hostages?
(a) He brings in the supplies that the terrorists demand.
(b) Is very mean to them and gives them little hope.
(c) Is a link to the outside world.
(d) Provides comfort for them.
2. Everyone in the house is _______ by Roxane.
3. Who is situated in the theater?
(a) The president of the US.
(b) A large international audience.
(c) Only Hosokawa.
(d) A small audience of select people.
4. As the accompanist gets sicker, what does one of the hostages do for him?
(a) They try to put him in a nice bedroom.
(b) They attempt to let him go free.
(c) Father gives the accompanist his Last Rites.
(d) They force him to die alone.
5. What kind of love is everyone experiencing toward Roxane?
(a) A competitive love.
(b) An exhuasted love.
(c) An angry love.
(d) A shared love.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Carmen the siege has been one of the _______ times of her life.
2. Why are the generals happier with their smaller group?
3. What new role does Gen take on for the group?
4. What language does Carmen speak?
5. Who has Gen become attracted to (besides Roxane)?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the terrorists choose not to shoot a dead body, what are they proving about themselves?
2. What is happening to the health of the accompanist?
3. What does the accompanist's death prove to the reader?
4. What type of mood is set for the beginning of the novel?
5. Why do the terrorists choose to keep Roxane at the house?
6. How have Ruben and Roxane adjusted into their roles in the house?
7. When Roxane wishes to sing, who helps her and why is it a surprise?
8. Why is this time in the house so important for Carmen and how does she take advantage of her situation?
9. How do the hostages and terrorists find a way to communicate with one another?
10. Why does Roxane feel awkward while giving her speech about Christoph?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)