|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the hostages really being taken?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) Forced to take of their clothes and be searched.
(c) To bedrooms.
(d) Questioned in groups.
2. What does Mr. Hosokawa realize about Roxane as he lays next to her on the floor?
(a) She is not a perfect beauty.
(b) She is awkward.
(c) She is frightened beyond belief.
(d) She is unable to stop getting panicked.
3. After the lights have gone out in the theater, what do the attendees finally realize?
(a) They will not get to hear the amazing singer.
(b) The president has not showed up.
(c) The theater has been taken over by a group of terrorists.
(d) The ambulance is not coming.
4. Who is allowed to leave Ruben's home?
(a) All of the women and sick with the exception of Roxane and Ruben.
(b) Only women.
(c) No one.
(d) Only sick people and children.
5. Where Carmen is from, how do children make a better life for themselves?
(a) They join terrorists groups.
(b) They are sold into work camps.
(c) They get an education.
(d) They go to work in factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though he is getting extremely ill, what does the accompanist decide to do?
2. Who is situated in the theater?
3. When the hostages look out of the window, what do they find?
4. What kind of love is everyone experiencing toward Roxane?
5. What does Gen write out for the terrorists on a weekly basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of mood is set for the beginning of the novel?
2. How does Roxane begin to feel about Mr. Hosokawa?
3. When two terrorists are revealed to be females what changes?
4. What aspects of the situation have led Simon to re-evaluate his life?
5. Why does Mr. Hosokawa decide to attend his own birthday party?
6. How do the hostages and terrorists find a way to communicate with one another?
7. As time goes on, how do the hostages and terrorists start to treat one another?
8. Why is it important for Mr. Hosokawa to be at the birthday party?
9. What is happening to the health of the accompanist?
10. Why do the terrorists choose to keep Roxane at the house?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)