|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is clear about Hosokawa's feelings towards her?
(a) He is very sexually attracted to her.
(b) He is completely in love with her.
(c) He wants to own her.
(d) He does think she is that great live.
2. Why isn't the President at the performance?
(a) His wife was very sick.
(b) He needed to attend to matters of the state.
(c) His daughter had a play.
(d) His favorite soap opera's finale was being aired.
3. Who is situated in the theater?
(a) A large international audience.
(b) The president of the US.
(c) Only Hosokawa.
(d) A small audience of select people.
4. What kind of love is everyone experiencing toward Roxane?
(a) An angry love.
(b) A shared love.
(c) A competitive love.
(d) An exhuasted love.
5. Why is Carmen in love with Roxane?
(a) She is a lesbian.
(b) She is in love with her clothes, life, and sophistication.
(c) She wants Roxane's riches.
(d) Roxane is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fateful decision does Father Arguedas make?
2. Where is the theater located?
3. Who is with Hosokawa at the theater?
4. What do they find in the accompanist's pockets?
5. How does Roxane Cross feel about being the only woman forced to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is this time in the house so important for Carmen and how does she take advantage of her situation?
2. Why has Gen become incredibly busy during his stay at Ruben's house?
3. As the hostages get used to their new home, what do they learn about their surroundings?
4. How have Ruben and Roxane adjusted into their roles in the house?
5. Why do the terrorists choose to keep Roxane at the house?
6. Why are the generals happy that the new group is smaller and how do they work to whittle down their hostage group?
7. Why does Messner become jealous of the hostages?
8. What type of mood is set for the beginning of the novel?
9. Although the terrorists seem to have all the control in the situation, what do the hostages offer?
10. When two terrorists are revealed to be females what changes?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)