|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way that Roxane and Mr. Hosokawa can communicate?
(a) Through notes that Carmen passes.
(b) They can only communicate through Gen.
(c) Through music that touches their hearts.
(d) Over the phone.
2. How do other members of the house react to the new singer?
(a) They want him to continue.
(b) They do not like to support one another.
(c) They do not like the singing.
(d) The other soldiers are laughing at the singer.
3. How does Mr. Hosokawa now make his way through the house?
(a) He announces himself because no one can do it form him.
(b) He keeps to himself.
(d) He walks around silently, unannounced.
4. What does General Benjamin respect about Ishmael?
(a) That he was able to teach himself how to play and then wanted to challenege him.
(b) He is young and smart.
(c) He is an extremely hard worker.
(d) That he is interested in improving his life.
5. What does Father ask Carmen to be?
(a) To set them all free.
(b) A good sister.
(c) To be vengeful.
(d) Father asks her to be kind and helpful.
6. What don't Roxane and Gen realize about Carmen offering her help to them?
(a) She could be killed if discovered.
(b) Nothing will really happen.
(c) She could get demoted.
(d) She will be beaten.
7. Where do Carmen and Gen finally share a kiss?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
8. What does Hosokawa have that he did not have previously?
(a) A private life.
(b) A Home life.
(c) A woman to love.
(d) A hobby to like.
9. In this chapter, who wants to declare his love for Roxane?
(a) Mr. Hosokawa
(b) Victor Fyodorov.
10. Why does he give her this item?
(a) So she knows when to meet him for lessons.
(b) So that she will be warm in the house.
(c) She ruined her clothes so she needs some.
(d) So she will know what time her favorite show is going to be on television.
11. What does Beatriz relish in?
(a) She is happy she has some dirt on Carmen.
(b) She knows everything will end soon.
(c) She likes competeing with Carmen.
(d) Spending time with Gen.
12. What could happen to Carmen if they are discovered?
(a) She could be killed.
(b) She would be fired.
(c) She would get beaten.
(d) She might get thrown out of the house.
13. In the beginning, what had the generals planned to do to Roxane?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Force her to give them attention.
(c) Make her entertain everyone when she does not want to.
(d) Force her to sing certain songs.
14. What does Gen give to Beatriz?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His watch.
(c) A sweatshirt.
(d) His pants.
15. How does Hosokawa feel when he goes to see Roxane?
(a) Like a real man.
(b) Like a boy in love.
(c) The luckiest man in the world.
(d) Like the perfect gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carmen ask Gen to meet her tonight?
2. Where do Carmen and Gen go to make love?
3. What does consummating a relationship mean?
4. How does Hosokawa die?
5. How did Mr. Hosokawa learn how to become silent while moving through the house?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)