|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Beatriz when she visits Father?
(a) He makes her feel guilty.
(b) She regrets speaking with him.
(c) She still does not believe in religion.
(d) She feels a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.
2. What do the other people in the house not suspect concerning new relationships?
(a) That Roxane and Hosokawa are together.
(b) Carmen And Hosokawa are now together.
(c) That anything exists between Gen and Carmen.
(d) Gen and Roxane are together.
3. How is Roxane very similar to the rich men she surrounds herself with?
(a) She is of the same culture as they are.
(b) She is not used to waiting for what she wants.
(c) She makes lots of money.
(d) She is used to being waited on, not waiting on others.
4. Although love is blooming, what do they refuse to acknowledge in the background?
(a) No one is happy.
(b) That something bad will happen soon.
(c) The terrorists are plotting.
(d) The country is in unrest.
5. How does Mr. Hosokawa now make his way through the house?
(a) He walks around silently, unannounced.
(c) He keeps to himself.
(d) He announces himself because no one can do it form him.
6. As this person sings, what does Roxane yell?
7. How does Roxane like her water?
(a) Cold with no ice.
(c) Room temperature.
(d) Cold with ice.
8. How does Gen feel about relaying Victor's message?
(a) Happy to see love.
(c) Conflicted because his boss is so in love with Roxane.
(d) Sad, he likes Roxane.
9. What does the meeting in this location prove to be for Carmen and Gen?
(a) The start of a friendship.
(b) The end of a relationship.
(c) The beginnings of a romance.
(d) Extremely difficult.
10. When packaged food runs out, what is brought in?
(a) More packaged food.
(b) Nuts and bread.
(d) Fresh fruits and vegetables.
11. Who realizes that Roxane is in love with Mr. Hosokawa?
12. Who pays the most attention to the two men?
(a) Roxane and Carl.
(b) Roxane and Carmen.
(c) Carmen and Ishmael.
(d) Roxane and Ishmael.
13. What is the only way that Roxane and Mr. Hosokawa can communicate?
(a) They can only communicate through Gen.
(b) Over the phone.
(c) Through music that touches their hearts.
(d) Through notes that Carmen passes.
14. What does the garden look like?
(a) Muted fall colors.
(b) Very dry and lonely.
(c) Quiet and small.
(d) It is bursting with color and beauty.
15. What does Victor claim is special about his love for Roxane?
(a) He only loves her music.
(b) His love is much more all-encompassing and he appreciates her talents as much as her person.
(c) He only loves her body.
(d) He will love her like no one else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hosokawa die?
2. What does the General want to discuss with Mr. Hosokawa?
3. Who does Roxane ask to go out into the garden?
4. What does Father ask Carmen to be?
5. Why does he give her this item?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)