|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the garden look like?
(a) Very dry and lonely.
(b) Muted fall colors.
(c) Quiet and small.
(d) It is bursting with color and beauty.
2. In this chapter, who wants to declare his love for Roxane?
(a) Mr. Hosokawa
(b) Victor Fyodorov.
3. Who is Roxane thinking about as she gives her speech?
(b) Her lover from home.
(d) Mr. Hosowaka.
4. What does consummating a relationship mean?
(a) Having sexual intercourse.
(b) Meeting someone's family.
(c) Proposing to someone.
(d) Seeing the person without clothes on.
5. How do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjamin spend a lot of their time?
(a) Discussing art.
(b) Playing hours of chess.
(c) Making plans for everyone's future.
(d) Discussing politics.
6. What does Carmen cause Gen to realize about himself?
(a) He does not trust himself in love.
(b) He has never been in love.
(c) He has been in love too many times.
(d) He hates being in love.
7. Who pays the most attention to the two men?
(a) Roxane and Ishmael.
(b) Roxane and Carl.
(c) Carmen and Ishmael.
(d) Roxane and Carmen.
8. When Gen hears the worrisome news that something bad will happen, what does he do?
(a) Shuts his mind off to it.
(b) Warns the others.
(c) Tries to help the government with their plans.
(d) Creates his own plan to save everyone.
9. What does Beatriz relish in?
(a) She is happy she has some dirt on Carmen.
(b) She likes competeing with Carmen.
(c) Spending time with Gen.
(d) She knows everything will end soon.
10. What does Messner realize about this hostage situation?
(a) He wants everyone to survive.
(b) He agrees with the government.
(c) Messner realizes that he does not care who wins this siege.
(d) Messner agrees with the terrorists.
11. How does Hosokawa feel when he goes to see Roxane?
(a) Like a boy in love.
(b) The luckiest man in the world.
(c) Like a real man.
(d) Like the perfect gentleman.
12. What does Gen wish he could do with Carmen?
(a) Have kids with her.
(b) Leave the house with her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Teach her Spanish.
13. What are all of the house guests unable to face?
(a) Their feelings for one another.
(b) What is happening in the outside world.
(d) The memories of their former lives.
14. What does Victor think is important for Roxane?
(a) It is nice to have a worthy audience to appreciate her divine talents.
(b) To be understoof by her lover.
(c) For her looks to be appreciated.
(d) To be made comfortable by her amour.
15. What does Gen give to Beatriz?
(a) His pants.
(b) His jacket.
(c) A sweatshirt.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all of the hostages as they leave the house?
2. How do other members of the house react to the new singer?
3. How does Roxane like her water?
4. Where does Carmen ask Gen to meet her tonight?
5. If they really examined their situation, what would they all be feeling?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)