|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjamin spend a lot of their time?
(a) Making plans for everyone's future.
(b) Playing hours of chess.
(c) Discussing politics.
(d) Discussing art.
2. What does Victor think is important for Roxane?
(a) To be understoof by her lover.
(b) For her looks to be appreciated.
(c) It is nice to have a worthy audience to appreciate her divine talents.
(d) To be made comfortable by her amour.
3. How does life shift in the house after Messner brings the music box?
(a) The hostages plan a takover.
(b) Everyone begins fighting.
(c) They are all into a routine.
(d) No one wants to ever leave the house.
4. What does Father ask Carmen to be?
(a) Father asks her to be kind and helpful.
(b) To be vengeful.
(c) To set them all free.
(d) A good sister.
5. When the General does not give the prisoners knives to cook, what does it show?
(a) He does not want them to eat.
(b) He does not trust them enough to have knives.
(c) He hopes they will relax.
(d) He wants them to be guests.
6. As far as Carmen is concerned, what is now their home?
(a) Their true homes.
(b) Where ever Gen is.
(c) The house.
(d) The garden.
7. Why is Victor Fyodorov jealous of Gen?
(a) Gen is very good looking.
(b) Gen is busy and needed.
(c) Gen gets to spend a lot of time with Roxane.
(d) The kidnappers like Gen.
8. What happens to Beatriz when she visits Father?
(a) She regrets speaking with him.
(b) She still does not believe in religion.
(c) She feels a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.
(d) He makes her feel guilty.
9. What does Hosokawa have that he did not have previously?
(a) A woman to love.
(b) A Home life.
(c) A hobby to like.
(d) A private life.
10. Where does Carmen ask Gen to meet her tonight?
(a) In the china closet.
(b) Away from the house.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In a bedroom.
11. What is Gen astonished by in Carmen?
(a) Her decisions.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her actions.
12. How does Roxane like her water?
(b) Cold with ice.
(c) Room temperature.
(d) Cold with no ice.
13. Who would Beatriz report Carmen to?
(a) The generals.
(b) The soilders.
(c) Only Carlos.
(d) Only Ben.
14. How does Gen feel about relaying Victor's message?
(a) Conflicted because his boss is so in love with Roxane.
(c) Happy to see love.
(d) Sad, he likes Roxane.
15. Who catches Carmen and Gen in their mission to help Roxane?
(a) General Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roxane scream for this person to stop?
2. As the government comes in, who do they kill first?
3. Where do Carmen and Gen finally share a kiss?
4. What does Cesar fall in love with?
5. Who is Roxane thinking about as she gives her speech?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)