|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruben approach to cook first?
2. How does Roxane like her water?
(a) Cold with no ice.
(b) Room temperature.
(d) Cold with ice.
3. How do other members of the house react to the new singer?
(a) They want him to continue.
(b) They do not like the singing.
(c) They do not like to support one another.
(d) The other soldiers are laughing at the singer.
4. What could happen to Carmen if they are discovered?
(a) She would be fired.
(b) She might get thrown out of the house.
(c) She could be killed.
(d) She would get beaten.
5. By watching, what does Ishmael teach himself?
(a) How to sing.
(b) How to play the piano.
(c) How to play the violin.
(d) How to play chess.
6. Why is Victor Fyodorov jealous of Gen?
(a) Gen is very good looking.
(b) Gen gets to spend a lot of time with Roxane.
(c) The kidnappers like Gen.
(d) Gen is busy and needed.
7. What does Gen wish he could do with Carmen?
(a) Have kids with her.
(b) Leave the house with her.
(c) Teach her Spanish.
(d) Marry her.
8. Why does he give her this item?
(a) So she knows when to meet him for lessons.
(b) She ruined her clothes so she needs some.
(c) So she will know what time her favorite show is going to be on television.
(d) So that she will be warm in the house.
9. Why does Roxane scream for this person to stop?
(a) She wants the singer to stop singing before they hurt their voice.
(b) She hates having competition.
(c) She does think they are a good enough singer.
(d) She thinks that singing is awful.
10. How does Roxane think love works?
(a) She does not believe in love.
(b) One person must love the other more.
(c) Two people cannot love forever.
(d) In order to be in love, two people must understand one another.
11. Why does Messner feel sorry for the group?
(a) There is a horrible end coming for them. They will be blindsided by it.
(b) Everyone will be killed.
(c) The terrorists will pay for their actions.
(d) They are stuck with each other.
12. What do the other people in the house not suspect concerning new relationships?
(a) Carmen And Hosokawa are now together.
(b) That anything exists between Gen and Carmen.
(c) Gen and Roxane are together.
(d) That Roxane and Hosokawa are together.
13. What must Gen translate to Roxane?
(a) A way to over throw their captors.
(b) He must translate Mr. Hosokawa's words of love.
(c) Carmen's intentions conerning an escape plan.
(d) Ceasar's feelings.
14. Why is the morning in Chapter 9 different from others?
(a) Everyone is sleeping in late.
(b) The weathe ris really bad.
(c) Roxane and Mr. Hosokawa play the piano.
(d) No one has attended to the garden.
15. What does Messner feel for the terrorists?
Short Answer Questions
1. If they really examined their situation, what would they all be feeling?
2. What is Gen astonished by in Carmen?
3. What does Carmen cause Gen to realize about himself?
4. Where do Carmen and Gen finally share a kiss?
5. How do Mr. Hosokawa and General Benjamin spend a lot of their time?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)