|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dichotomy between the setting and characters is established right away?
(a) The entire theater is especially panicked.
(b) Everyone feels horror in a place of beauty.
(c) The setting is chaotic while the people are calm.
(d) Everyone is calm.
2. How is the accompanist's declaration of love received by Roxane?
(a) It is sadly rejected.
(b) She pretends to accept it.
(c) It is accepted.
(d) She quietly denies it.
3. Where was Messner when the hostage situation happened?
(a) Out of the South American country.
(b) Getting married.
(c) On vacation.
(d) At a business meeting.
4. When Roxane is asked to say something nice about the accompanist, what does she feel?
(a) Awkward because she did not really know him.
(b) Sad, she is hurt she is loosing her lover.
(c) Happy, he was a good man.
(d) Sa, because he was a close friend.
5. What do we learn about the terrorists' true intentions in this section?
(a) They will only stop once Ben's brother is free.
(b) They hope to change the government.
(c) They want to kill all the hostages.
(d) The terrorists are serious but not cruel. They do not want to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of love is everyone experiencing toward Roxane?
2. What is this called?
3. How does Roxane react to Mr. Hosokawa's apology?
4. As the opera singer kisses the opera singer what happens in the novel?
5. What does this setting allow the hostages to feel like?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)