|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chance like the plants outside in the garden?
(a) He was silent, open in sunshine and heavy in rain.
(b) He always smelled sweet.
(c) He was colorful and lively.
(d) He grew lively every spring.
2. What do Mr. Franklin and his assistant call Chance?
(d) Mr. Chance.
3. What makes Chance think he should not be drinking the wine?
(a) He has had it before and has gotten drunk.
(b) He thinnks it is too expensive.
(c) He prefers harder liquor.
(d) He has seen what it does to people on TV.
4. According to Chance, what was one of the benefits of his position?
(a) He was given a generous health insurance policy.
(b) He could eat as much food as he liked.
(c) He was allowed to wear any of the Old Man's clothing from the attic.
(d) He was allowed to drive the Old Man's car.
5. As EE discloses her private information, how does Chance react?
(a) He tries to change the subject as he has seen done on TV.
(b) He begins to cry at times.
(c) He turns on the TV so he does not have to listen.
(d) He repeats some parts of her sentences as he has seen done on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do readers know about the fat maid?
2. What did the Old Man's bedroom look like?
3. How long has Chance known Louise, the maid?
4. What was the Old Man's former profession?
5. What does Mr. Franklin first ask Chance?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)