|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As EE discloses her private information, how does Chance react?
(a) He tries to change the subject as he has seen done on TV.
(b) He turns on the TV so he does not have to listen.
(c) He repeats some parts of her sentences as he has seen done on TV.
(d) He begins to cry at times.
2. Why didn't Chance like to take the elevator in the house?
(a) It was broken.
(b) He didn't understand how it worked.
(c) He preferred to take the stairs for exercise.
(d) He didn't trust it since Louise was once trapped in it.
3. Who is the main character in the book?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) EE Rand.
(c) The Old Man.
4. What is Chance's reaction when Mr. Franklin asks him is he intends to make a claim against the estate?
(a) Chance is confused.
(b) Chance is saddened.
(c) Chance is indignant.
(d) Chance is hopeful.
5. Who is the "fat maid"?
(a) She took the place of Louise when Louise left.
(b) She is Louise's best friend.
(c) She is one of the many maids in the Old Man's house.
(d) She is Chance's favorite maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benjamin Rand's occupation?
2. When Chance is asked to come up to the study, what is the name of woman he meets?
3. In what way did people exist for Chance?
4. The Old Man did not leave something behind before he died. What was it?
5. What is Chance's reaction when Mr. Franklin asks him what his name is?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)