|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chance notice in the back seat of EE's limousine, above the bar?
(a) A photo of a garden.
(b) A small TV set.
(c) A sliding window to speak with the driver.
(d) A two-way radio.
2. In what way does Chance think that plants differ from people?
(a) Plants can't reason or dream.
(b) There is no real difference
(c) Plants are more beautiful.
(d) Plants are difficult to grow.
3. In what way did the Old Man threaten Chance if he didn't do as he was told?
(a) He would be sent to an insane asylum.
(b) He would be sent to bed without supper
(c) His television would be taken away from him.
(d) He would be banned from the garden.
4. When Chance looks in the large hall mirror, what does he see?
(a) That he's all grown up.
(b) How ugly he's become.
(d) A young boy.
5. How does Chance explain his reason for not signing the paper?
(a) He says his eyes are tired from crying.
(b) He says his lawyer must look at it.
(c) He tells the truth, saying he cannot read.
(d) He tells the truth, saying he cannot sign it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Franklin first ask Chance?
2. What clothes did Chance change into when he learned he had a visitor?
3. What are the last two things Chance looks at before leaving?
4. Why couldn't Chance leave the Old Man's house or go beyond the garden gate?
5. Mr. Rand believes that Chance has found the perfect metaphor for a productive businessman when Chance describes:
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)