|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chance, what was one of the benefits of his position?
(a) He could eat as much food as he liked.
(b) He was allowed to drive the Old Man's car.
(c) He was allowed to wear any of the Old Man's clothing from the attic.
(d) He was given a generous health insurance policy.
2. When Chance sees the Old Man lying dead in his bedroom, why was the fat maid on the telephone?
(a) She was calling her mother.
(b) She had just called Louise.
(c) She had just called the doctor.
(d) She had called the Old Man's lawyer.
3. When Chance refers to the "room upstairs", he refers to the room he is presently occupying. What does Mr. Rand believe he means?
(a) The room in the Old Man's house.
(b) The presidency.
(c) The roof of the house.
4. What does Chance realize once he has locked the gate behind him and stepped outside?
(a) How happy he is now.
(b) He can never return to the garden.
(c) The Old Man did not really die.
(d) He left something behind.
5. Where is Louise originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chance is asked to come up to the study, what is the name of woman he meets?
2. What does Mr. Franklin inform Chance will happen the next day by noon?
3. What does Chance realize he cannot reveal while looking over the paper?
4. Where had Louise gone to live after leaving the Old Man's house?
5. What does Chance do when Mr. Franklin gives him a piece of paper to read and sign?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)