|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Emma's mission in Kentucky?
2. When did the Army of the Potomac take Yorktown?
3. Why did Emma refuse to go to the hospital for her wound?
4. What did Emma think was her responsibility toward the soldier?
5. Where did Emma spend the first night of her second mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Emma go to Mrs. Butler's house?
2. What was Emma's reward for her actions in Chapter 14?
3. Why were the blue coats waving to Emma?
4. What did Emma discover when she probed one of the soldiers?
5. What was in Hall's possession?
6. What was Emma given and why?
7. By whom was the Confederate Army strengthened?
8. What was Emma's mission in Kentucky?
9. What happened when Emma met with Major McKee in the afternoon?
10. Why was Emma pulled from duties at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the different plans for reconstruction for after the Civil War and discuss the policies that were implemented when the Confederate state came under the control of the Union Army.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Mrs. Butler and Emma Edmonds.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the battles discussed in "Behind Rebel Lines" and compare the events leading up to the battle, the obstacles encountered, casualties, and the result of the battle.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)