|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose staff was Major McKee part of?
2. What did Emma return to camp just in time for?
3. What was Emma's reward for her action in Louisville?
4. What was Emma doing when she saw the line of Union Soldiers?
5. Where did Emma spend the first night of her second mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Emma given a two week furlough, and what did she do according to Chapter 12?
2. What did Emma discover when she probed one of the soldiers?
3. What happened when Emma returned to the Union Camp?
4. By whom was the Confederate Army strengthened?
5. Why were the blue coats waving to Emma?
6. What were the rumors at the gala according to Chapter 13?
7. Why did Franklin Thompson come to McClellan's mind?
8. Why was Emma pulled from duties at the hospital?
9. How did Mrs. Butler help Emma at the start of Chapter 9?
10. Why did Emma go to Mrs. Butler's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of spies in attaining information on the enemy, including what tactics were used in the Civil War.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the major events leading up to the Civil War and examine the causes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why some people thought that Emma Edmonds' account of the Civil War was scandalous and how W.S. Williams defended her.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)