|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the soldier Emma found?
2. Who did Emma come to suspect as being the Confederate spy?
3. Why did Emma find shelter in a house during her second mission?
4. What did the young soldier give Emma?
5. To what Kentucky city was the Union Army sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan when Emma got word to her Union contact?
2. What happened when Emma was treating a wounded soldier in the enemy's camp?
3. By whom was the Confederate Army strengthened?
4. What did Emma discover in the abandoned house?
5. What were the rumors at the gala according to Chapter 13?
6. What did the sentry arrange at the beginning of Chapter 10?
7. What did Emma learn about Aylesworth?
8. What was Emma's mission in Kentucky?
9. What was in Hall's possession?
10. What happened when Emma met with Major McKee in the afternoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship with Mrs. Butler and Emma with that of Emma and Dr. Hodes.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two disguises described and analyze the methods that Emma used and the success of her mission.
Essay Topic 3
Define border state and examine how border states were governed and what it meant for them to remain neutral, join the Union or the Confederacy.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)