|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took care of Emma's wound?
2. To what army was Emma's regiment assigned?
3. Who was the Confederate Army's new commander at the battle of Richmond?
4. What was Emma asked to do by the Confederate soldiers?
5. What was Emma's reward for her action in Louisville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Emma discover when she probed one of the soldiers?
2. What did the sentry arrange at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What was Emma's mission in Kentucky?
4. Why did Emma go to Mrs. Butler's house?
5. Who gave Emma a job?
6. What was Emma given and why?
7. What did Emma discover in the abandoned house?
8. What happened when Emma was treating a wounded soldier in the enemy's camp?
9. What happened at the end of 1862?
10. What were the rumors at the gala according to Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of "Behind Rebel Lines," President Lincoln called for young men to take up arms in support of the Union. Examine the role President Abraham Lincoln had in the Civil War, even before he was sworn into office.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Mrs. Butler and Emma Edmonds.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of spies in attaining information on the enemy, including what tactics were used in the Civil War.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)