|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Emma disguise herself for her second mission behind enemy lines according to Chapter 9?
2. Where was Rebel wounded?
3. How did Emma name the horse?
4. Who was in charge of the Ninth Corps at the end of 1862?
5. What did the Union soldiers find on Aylesworth's accomplice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in Hall's possession?
2. How did Mrs. Butler help Emma at the start of Chapter 9?
3. What did Emma tell Ayelsworth according to Chapter 14, and how did he respond?
4. Why was Emma given a two week furlough, and what did she do according to Chapter 12?
5. What did the sentry arrange at the beginning of Chapter 10?
6. What was Emma given and why?
7. What did Emma discover in the abandoned house?
8. Why were the blue coats waving to Emma?
9. What did General McClellan give Emma and why?
10. What was Emma's mission in Kentucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women during the Civil War and compare this role with that of Emma Edmonds. Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that Emma's illness had on her role in the Union Army and the ramifications of being listed as AWOL.
Essay Topic 3
Define border state and examine how border states were governed and what it meant for them to remain neutral, join the Union or the Confederacy.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)