|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Emma required to take after being cleared for her new duties?
2. What did Emma feel when she enlisted?
3. Whom did Emma have as an escort on her way out of the camp?
4. Who led the Potomac Army in March 1862?
5. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Union Army foregoing?
2. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
3. What did a sergeant accuse Private Thompson of at the start of Chapter 2?
4. What did President Lincoln call for?
5. What did Emma remind herself of when she looked at the Confederate's campfires?
6. What happened when Emma ran over to the company tents?
7. Who did the medical team consist of and what type of injuries did they treat?
8. What was training like for Emma and her fellow recruits?
9. What did Emma do in the medical tent?
10. Who helped Emma at the start of Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Emma wanted to fight for her adopted country and examine her realizations after she became a spy.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of "Behind Rebel Lines," President Lincoln called for young men to take up arms in support of the Union. Examine the role President Abraham Lincoln had in the Civil War, even before he was sworn into office.
Essay Topic 3
Take two Generals, one from the Union Army and the other from the Confederate Army, discussed in "Behind Rebel Lines." Compare their styles of leadership and achievements.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)