|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did not recognize Emma in her disguise?
2. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
3. To whom did Emma bring food?
4. What was Emma questioned on by the review panel?
5. What did Emma observe before going inside the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Emma ran over to the company tents?
2. What did President Lincoln call for?
3. What did Emma decide was too risky?
4. What did Emma do in the medical tent?
5. Whom did Emma bribe and who helped her?
6. What was training like for Emma and her fellow recruits?
7. What were Quaker guns?
8. Whom did Emma recognize in the Confederate camp and what did she wonder?
9. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
10. What did a sergeant accuse Private Thompson of at the start of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why some people thought that Emma Edmonds' account of the Civil War was scandalous and how W.S. Williams defended her.
Essay Topic 2
Define border state and examine how border states were governed and what it meant for them to remain neutral, join the Union or the Confederacy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Vesey and Emma prior to the Civil War and examine the impact that Lieutenant Vesey's unexpected death had on Emma.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)