|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were "Quaker guns"?
2. What was the name of the head surgeon?
3. What did Emma observe before going inside the camp?
4. What sight had become familiar to Emma?
5. What were the slaves given for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the medical team consist of and what type of injuries did they treat?
2. How did Emma Edmonds identify herself, and what role did she request at the recruitment office?
3. What happened when Emma ran over to the company tents?
4. Whom did Emma bribe and who helped her?
5. Where were soldiers gathering at the start of Chapter 1, and why were they anxious?
6. Who did Emma find upon waking?
7. What did Emma observe according to Chapter 6?
8. What were Quaker guns?
9. What happened to the intelligence officer at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What was the Union Army foregoing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship with Mrs. Butler and Emma with that of Emma and Dr. Hodes.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the different plans for reconstruction for after the Civil War and discuss the policies that were implemented when the Confederate state came under the control of the Union Army.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how "Behind Rebel Lines" provides a non-biased view of the Civil War. Give specific examples.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)