|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Emma's rank at the start of Chapter 2: March 19, 1862?
2. How many volunteers did President Lincoln asked for?
3. To whom did Emma bring food?
4. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
5. Who visited the camp prior to Emma's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a sergeant accuse Private Thompson of at the start of Chapter 2?
2. In whom did Emma choose to confide?
3. What did President Lincoln call for?
4. What did a Confederate officer ask Cuff at the camp?
5. For what did Emma choose to volunteer?
6. What happened during the review panel?
7. Who led Emma through the camp?
8. What did Emma decide was too risky?
9. What happened to the intelligence officer at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What did Emma do in the medical tent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women during the Civil War and compare this role with that of Emma Edmonds. Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of "Behind Rebel Lines," President Lincoln called for young men to take up arms in support of the Union. Examine the role President Abraham Lincoln had in the Civil War, even before he was sworn into office.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why some people thought that Emma Edmonds' account of the Civil War was scandalous and how W.S. Williams defended her.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)