|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were "Quaker guns"?
2. What were the slaves given for lunch?
3. How did James Vesey die?
4. To whom did Emma bring food?
5. What type of hair did Emma have for her disguise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a sergeant accuse Private Thompson of at the start of Chapter 2?
2. Where were soldiers gathering at the start of Chapter 1, and why were they anxious?
3. What did Emma observe according to Chapter 6?
4. How did Emma Edmonds identify herself, and what role did she request at the recruitment office?
5. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
6. What did Emma decide was too risky?
7. Who led Emma through the camp?
8. Who did Emma find upon waking?
9. What did Emma note about the Confederate camp?
10. What did Emma do to her skin at the start of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that field hospitals served in the Civil War and compare it with the city hospitals' role, such as the ones described during Emma's furlough.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Vesey and Emma prior to the Civil War and examine the impact that Lieutenant Vesey's unexpected death had on Emma.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the battles discussed in "Behind Rebel Lines" and compare the events leading up to the battle, the obstacles encountered, casualties, and the result of the battle.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)