|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McClellan order his men to build?
(a) Camouflaged pillboxes.
(b) A bridge on the Chickahominy river.
(c) Fake guns.
(d) Wagons to transport troops.
2. What was Emma allowed to keep as a reward?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) A Enfield carbine.
(c) The money she stole.
(d) A horse.
3. Who came to shake Emma's hand personally?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) Colonel Shrub.
(c) Dr. Hodes.
(d) Major Butler.
4. Where were Emma and Aylesworth's accomplices taken to after their arrest?
(a) The Louisville State building.
(c) The Union Camp.
(d) The local prison.
5. What made the advances of the Union army slow and arduous?
(a) Sick horses.
(b) Ambushes by Confederate snipers.
(c) Heavy rains.
(d) It was done only at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emma supposed to take a barge for the Confederate lines?
2. What was Emma reassigned as?
3. Whom did Emma first tell her story of the dying soldier?
4. Where was Emma wounded?
5. Who was in charge of the Ninth Corps at the end of 1862?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Emma discover in the abandoned house?
2. What happened when the bridge was completed according to Chapter 11?
3. What were the rumors at the gala according to Chapter 13?
4. Why was Emma pulled from duties at the hospital?
5. How did Mrs. Butler help Emma at the start of Chapter 9?
6. Who gave Emma a job?
7. What happened when Emma returned to the Union Camp?
8. What was the plan when Emma got word to her Union contact?
9. What happened at the end of 1862?
10. What did General McClellan order and what happened?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)