|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Emma work in the trenches the second morning after her arrival at the Confederate camp according to Chapter 7?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She needed to head back to the Union Camp.
(c) Her hands were blistered.
(d) She needed to do more spying.
2. What did Emma think she would have to do if James recognized her?
(a) Lie to him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Let him in on the secret.
(d) Bribe him.
3. Whom did Emma have as an escort on her way out of the camp?
(a) The adjutant.
(b) Two armed men.
(c) The General.
(d) Mrs. Butler.
4. How long did a nurse's shift last?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
5. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) General Lee.
(c) Henry Anderson.
(d) General Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the slaves allowed to do after dinner?
2. What did Emma give as a bribe to the slave with whom she switched assignments?
3. Who helped Emma study for the covert operation?
4. What was Emma's rank at the start of Chapter 2: March 19, 1862?
5. Why was Emma's father resentful?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were soldiers gathering at the start of Chapter 1, and why were they anxious?
2. What were Quaker guns?
3. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
4. What was the Union Army foregoing?
5. Why did Emma bribe a kitchen worker and what opportunity did it give her according to Chapter 7?
6. Who helped Emma at the start of Chapter 4?
7. Who did Emma find upon waking?
8. What did Emma do in the medical tent?
9. Who did the medical team consist of and what type of injuries did they treat?
10. How did a corporal give Emma a way out of the Confederate camp?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)