|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank did the Chaplain have in the Army?
2. Why did Emma reject the obvious choice for a disguise to go behind enemy lines?
(a) Other soldiers would ask too many questions.
(b) The South had few Catholic churches.
(c) She knew nothing about Louisville.
(d) She could not count.
3. What city did Emma have time to visit before her deployment?
(c) New York.
4. What sight had become familiar to Emma?
(a) Young men playing cards.
(b) Doctors amputating limbs.
(c) Burying dead soldiers.
(d) Merchants in the Camp.
5. To whom did Emma bring food?
(a) Other slaves.
(b) The crews manning the heavy artillery.
(c) Front line soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Emma accused of holding like a mop?
2. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
3. Why were the soldiers anxious?
4. What were the soldiers certain would only last three weeks?
5. What were the slaves doing when they woke Emma?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what did Emma choose to volunteer?
2. Who did Emma find upon waking?
3. What was training like for Emma and her fellow recruits?
4. How did Emma Edmonds identify herself, and what role did she request at the recruitment office?
5. What did President Lincoln call for?
6. In whom did Emma choose to confide?
7. What were Quaker guns?
8. How did a corporal give Emma a way out of the Confederate camp?
9. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
10. What did Emma do in the medical tent?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)