|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were "Quaker guns"?
(a) Log painted black to look like cannons.
(b) Powder storage.
(c) Gatling guns.
2. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
(a) General Grant.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) General Lee.
(d) Henry Anderson.
3. How many personnel constituted the medical team?
4. What was Emma accustomed to wearing?
(a) Men's clothes.
(b) A girly hat.
(c) Leather shoes.
5. What was nagging Emma when she enlisted?
(a) Her desire for motherhood.
(b) There was a bigger job waiting for her.
(c) Her brother did not enlist with her.
(d) The way she said "about."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Emma do before sleeping on the first night inside the Confederate camp?
2. How old was Emma when she ran away from home?
3. Whose mirror did Emma use to check her disguise in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Emma's escort leave her?
5. Who visited the camp prior to Emma's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joined Company B at the start of Chapter 3 and what would it mean for Emma?
2. How did a corporal give Emma a way out of the Confederate camp?
3. What were Quaker guns?
4. Who helped Emma at the start of Chapter 4?
5. What did a Confederate officer ask Cuff at the camp?
6. Whom did Emma recognize in the Confederate camp and what did she wonder?
7. What did Emma do to her skin at the start of Chapter 5?
8. Whom did Emma bribe and who helped her?
9. What was the Union Army foregoing?
10. For what did Emma choose to volunteer?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)