|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Emma wave when approaching the sentry of the Union camp according to Chapter 8?
(a) A white flag.
(b) Her rifle.
(c) Her red bandana.
(d) Her hand.
2. What was Emma reassigned as?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A spy.
(c) A courier.
(d) A cook.
3. What did the Union soldiers find on Aylesworth's accomplice?
(a) Money for bribes.
(b) Weapons plans.
(c) Poison to kill General Grant.
(d) Secret Union plans.
4. Where was Emma wounded?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her chest.
(d) Her arm.
5. What name did Emma take for her identity?
(a) Ronald Marchal.
(c) James Taylor.
(d) Bridget O'Shea.
6. What did Emma carry when she took on her new African American woman disguise?
(a) A cantine.
(b) A cane.
(c) A bag.
(d) A basket.
7. What was Emma allowed to keep as a reward?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) A horse.
(c) A Enfield carbine.
(d) The money she stole.
8. What destroyed the bridge constructed by the Union Army?
(a) A storm.
(b) A flood.
(d) Confederate artillery.
9. How did Emma disguise herself for her second mission behind enemy lines according to Chapter 9?
(a) As an old woman.
(b) As a merchant.
(c) As Cuff.
(d) As a Confederate soldier.
10. Who attacked the cavalry unit Emma brought a message to in Chapter 11?
(a) A bear.
(b) A Confederate patrol.
(c) A sniper.
(d) A spy.
11. How long was Emma given to recover from her wound at the start of Chapter 12?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Who led the Confederate Army facing Emma's new army?
(a) General Stuart.
(b) General "Stonewall" Jackson.
(c) General Hampton.
(d) General E Lee.
13. What made the battle more difficult than anticipated?
(a) The rain.
(b) The Union canons were undergoing maintenance.
(c) The Confederate forces were reinforced.
(d) The Confederates knew of the attack by a spy.
14. Where were the Confederates hiding their heavy artillery?
(a) In tents.
(b) In the city.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Behind a church.
15. What did the delays in the Union attack plans result in?
(a) Union retreat.
(b) The Union having more troops.
(c) The Confederates being able to retreat.
(d) A fragmented battle field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rebel wounded?
2. Who ran the house where Emma rented her room?
3. What was Emma doing when she saw the line of Union Soldiers?
4. Who was in charge of the Ninth Corps at the end of 1862?
5. What stopped Emma as she was nearing the Confederate Camp at the start of Chapter 10?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)