|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of transport did Emma take to Fort Monroe?
(a) She walked.
(b) A train.
(c) A paddle wheel boat.
(d) A horse.
2. What was Emma allowed to use to gain crucial intelligence?
(c) Her gun.
(d) Whatever means necessary.
3. What disguise did Emma finally settle on?
(a) A Canadian merchant.
(b) A slave.
(c) A singer.
(d) A seamstress.
4. How did Emma test her new identity out?
(a) She went to the medical tent.
(b) She went to Mrs. Butler's tent.
(c) She went to the General's tent.
(d) She went to the officer's mess.
5. What did Emma give as a bribe to the slave with whom she switched assignments?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) Release papers.
(c) A watch.
6. How did Emma convince the captain of the mail boat to bring her what she needed?
(a) She bribed him.
(b) She threatened to report him to the general.
(c) She asked nicely.
(d) She ordered him.
7. What did Emma do before sleeping on the first night inside the Confederate camp?
(a) She tried to sneak into the General's tent.
(b) She reapplied silver nitrate.
(c) She sent a message back to the Union Camp.
(d) She started to head back to the Union camp.
8. How long did the journey to the confederate camp take at the start of Chapter 6?
(a) One week.
(b) 24 minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several hours.
9. What did Emma feel when she enlisted?
(a) She could find a good husband.
(b) She was going to die.
(c) She was going on an adventure.
(d) It would be fun.
10. What was Emma accustomed to wearing?
(b) A girly hat.
(c) Men's clothes.
(d) Leather shoes.
11. Why was Emma's father resentful?
(a) Emma was a tomboy.
(b) Emma ran from Canada.
(c) Emma didn't know how to cook.
(d) Emma was not a boy.
12. What name did Emma take for her first spy assignment?
13. Whose mirror did Emma use to check her disguise in Chapter 5?
(a) The General's.
(b) The doctor's.
(c) Mrs. Butler's.
(d) The officer's lavatory.
14. How were runaway slaves executed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were hung.
(c) They were left to die of exposure.
(d) They were thrown in the river.
15. What did Mrs. Butler give to Emma for her journey?
(a) A small knife.
(b) A horse.
(d) A small sack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Emma sleep on the first night after leaving the camp?
2. Where did Emma's escort leave her?
3. What rank did the Chaplain have in the Army?
4. Emma's position was considered as ________________.
5. What were "Quaker guns"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)