|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: March 31, 1862.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Emma's father resentful?
(a) Emma was a tomboy.
(b) Emma didn't know how to cook.
(c) Emma ran from Canada.
(d) Emma was not a boy.
2. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
(a) She didn't talk.
(b) She pulled her cap down low.
(c) She drew a beard.
(d) She put padding in her sleeves.
3. Whom did Emma have as an escort on her way out of the camp?
(a) The General.
(b) Two armed men.
(c) Mrs. Butler.
(d) The adjutant.
4. Why couldn't Emma work in the trenches the second morning after her arrival at the Confederate camp according to Chapter 7?
(a) She needed to head back to the Union Camp.
(b) She needed to do more spying.
(c) Her hands were blistered.
(d) She broke her arm.
5. What did she Emma see flickering across the valley?
(a) The lights of Richmond.
(b) The lights of the Confederate Navy.
(c) The flash of the canons shelling the Union camp.
(d) The lights of the Confederate camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was nagging Emma when she enlisted?
2. Where did Emma sleep on the first night after leaving the camp?
3. What did Emma think she would have to do if James recognized her?
4. What was Emma wearing around her neck?
5. Who led the Potomac Army in March 1862?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)