|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: March 31, 1862.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Emma questioned on by the review panel?
(a) Her patriotism, beliefs and knowledge of armaments.
(b) Her Canadian ancestry.
(c) Her knowledge of hand to hand combat.
(d) Her gender.
2. What was Emma wearing around her neck?
(a) A red necklace.
(b) A blue tie.
(c) A yellow bandana.
(d) A red bandanna.
3. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
(a) General Lee.
(b) Henry Anderson.
(c) General Grant.
(d) President Lincoln.
4. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
(a) She drew a beard.
(b) She pulled her cap down low.
(c) She put padding in her sleeves.
(d) She didn't talk.
5. How did Emma convince the captain of the mail boat to bring her what she needed?
(a) She ordered him.
(b) She threatened to report him to the general.
(c) She asked nicely.
(d) She bribed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Emma have time to visit before her deployment?
2. Who did not recognize Emma in her disguise?
3. What did Mrs. Butler decide to do when she learned of Emma's secret?
4. Where did Emma's escort leave her?
5. What type of clothes did Emma wear for her disguise?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)