|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 20, 1862.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous building did Emma witness the construction of?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The Transcontinental Railway.
(c) The Erie Canal.
(d) The White House.
2. Why were the soldiers anxious?
(a) A spy was among them.
(b) To go off to war.
(c) They were not given food.
(d) Most never took the train.
3. What famous historical figure did Emma see a few times?
(a) General Grant.
(b) General Lee.
(c) Henry Anderson.
(d) President Lincoln.
4. What was Emma's rank at the start of Chapter 2: March 19, 1862?
5. How long did a nurse's shift last?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Emma say she was born when enrolling as Franklin Thompson?
2. How many personnel constituted the medical team?
3. What did the Chaplain's wife bring to the wounded?
4. Why was Emma's father resentful?
5. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)