|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: February 17, 1863.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Butler decide to do when she learned of Emma's secret?
(a) Tell no-one.
(b) She tried to dissuade her from continuing.
(c) She told her husband.
(d) Blackmail her for money.
2. Why were the headquarters impressed with Emma?
(a) Her lying skills.
(b) Her riding and spying skills.
(c) Her makeup skills.
(d) Her marksmanship.
3. Who was in charge of the Ninth Corps at the end of 1862?
(a) General Sheridan.
(b) General Sherman.
(c) General Ambrose Burnside.
(d) General Grant.
4. What type of hair did Emma have for her disguise?
5. Why was Emma's father resentful?
(a) Emma ran from Canada.
(b) Emma was not a boy.
(c) Emma was a tomboy.
(d) Emma didn't know how to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Emma volunteer for the spy assignment?
2. Where did Emma's escort leave her?
3. Why did Emma reject the obvious choice for a disguise to go behind enemy lines?
4. What were the slaves doing when they woke Emma?
5. What city did Emma have time to visit before her deployment?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)