|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: February 17, 1863.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Emma convince the captain of the mail boat to bring her what she needed?
(a) She threatened to report him to the general.
(b) She bribed him.
(c) She ordered him.
(d) She asked nicely.
2. What was Emma accustomed to wearing?
(b) Leather shoes.
(c) A girly hat.
(d) Men's clothes.
3. To whom did Emma bring food?
(b) The crews manning the heavy artillery.
(c) Front line soldiers.
(d) Other slaves.
4. What did Emma tell the officer who asked her why she wasn't working?
(a) She wanted to work later.
(b) She worked earlier.
(c) She hoped to get work in Richmond.
(d) She was tired.
5. When did the Army of the Potomac take Yorktown?
(a) Second part of May 1862.
(b) Second part of March 1862.
(c) First part of June1862.
(d) First part of May 1862.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Emma and James first meet?
2. Whom did Emma first tell her story of the dying soldier?
3. Where did the Union soldiers gather according to Seymour Reit in Chapter 1?
4. What did Emma think was her responsibility toward the soldier?
5. Who conducted Emma's debriefing?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)