|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: February 17, 1863.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the slaves given for lunch?
(a) Meat and bread.
(b) Cornbread and gruel.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Cornbread and wine.
2. Who was in charge of the Ninth Corps at the end of 1862?
(a) General Sherman.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Ambrose Burnside.
(d) General Sheridan.
3. What were the soldiers certain would only last three weeks?
(a) The construction of the train line.
(b) The war.
(c) Their trip.
(d) The presidency of Abraham Lincoln.
4. How were spies executed?
(a) They were thrown in the river.
(b) They were left to die of exposure.
(c) They were hung.
(d) They were shot.
5. What did Emma observe before going inside the camp?
(a) Two sentries talking.
(b) The slave pen.
(c) The rhythm of the sentry.
(d) The canon placement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Emma first tell her story of the dying soldier?
2. Why did Emma volunteer for the spy assignment?
3. Who won the Seven Day's Battle?
4. Whose staff was Major McKee part of?
5. How long did a nurse's shift last?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)