Chapter 1: April 25, 1861
1. Where did the Union soldiers gather according to Seymour Reit in Chapter 1?
(a) The Flint train depot.
(b) The Flint prison.
(c) The Flint leather factory.
(d) The Flint Courthouse.
2. Why were the soldiers anxious?
(a) They were not given food.
(b) To go off to war.
(c) A spy was among them.
(d) Most never took the train.
3. What were the soldiers certain would only last three weeks?
(a) The war.
(b) Their trip.
(c) The presidency of Abraham Lincoln.
(d) The construction of the train line.
4. What did Emma Edmonds do to avoid being discovered as a female?
(a) She put padding in her sleeves.
(b) She didn't talk.
(c) She pulled her cap down low.
(d) She drew a beard.
5. What was Emma accustomed to wearing?
(a) Men's clothes.
(c) Leather shoes.
(d) A girly hat.
6. How many volunteers did President Lincoln asked for?
7. What were the Michigan Volunteer Infantry also known as?
(a) The Union Red.
(b) The Union Grays.
(c) The Union White.
(d) The Union Jack.
This section contains 3,965 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)