Chapter 1: April 25, 1861
• In Chapter 1, Emma Edmonds joined the Union Army after Lincoln's call for volunteers.
• Emma was able to join the Union Army under the name of Franklin Thompson because they did not perform medical exams.
• Emma requested and obtained an assignment as a field nurse.
• Emma's unit joined the Potomac Army.
Chapter 2: March 19, 1862
• In Chapter 2, Emma was ordered to tend soldiers while in training as an infantry man. She was regarded as a mop by her training sergeant.
• Emma was assigned to a small team of one doctor and four male nurses.
• Emma spent 4 months in Washington and even saw the President Lincoln a few times.
• The Army of the Potomac was under General McClellan's command.
• An intelligence officer for the Union was discovered and executed
Chapter 3: March 20, 1862
• In Chapter 3, Emma learned that an old friend, Lt James Vesey was assigned to the same army.
• James Vesey...
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)