|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual Frank surprises say he is doing after hours?
2. The day before Charlie is to return to Great Britain, he joins Frank en route to work how far?
3. The Reid dacha is closely surrounded by trees as the forest had been cut when?
4. When is the only time Lisa speaks at dinner?
5. What favorite expression of Nellie's arises in Chapter 17 that Frank does not like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critical in Chapter 12 are the feelings Frank has toward Lisa. How does Penelope Fitzgerald accomplish revealing the state Frank finds himself in? What is the capability Frank has in recognizing and dealing with his instinctive emotions?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Frank so concerned that the break-in to Reid Press might become a major security matter, when he had considered taking the police with him to investigate the night before? How skillful is Frank in preventing the burglary from escalating to that level? What are Frank's aims?
Essay Topic 3
Until Chapter 19, the reader is not made aware of the amount of pleasure the warmth of his family's life brings to Frank. How does the author achieve this? How much satisfaction does physical contact provide to Frank? How is it brought out how attune Frank is?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)