|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day before Palm Sunday, Lisa surprises Frank by asking what?
2. In Chapter 17, Nellie receives a wire from Charlie advising he will be arriving when in Moscow?
3. When Frank asks Lisa what she is going to say to him as she departs with the children for the dacha, she responds how after a brief pause?
4. While Charlie is out with Selwyn, Frank calls on Mrs. Graham again to ask about whom?
5. When is the only time Lisa speaks at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dolly ask of her father the day before Charlie arrives? What are Frank's reply and his reason given? What does it turn out is the true motivation for denying the children? What information does Frank obtain upon meeting Charlie?
Essay Topic 2
What is the interesting juxtaposition Chapter 16 reflects between traditions under which Reid Press has been operating, and the urgings of Bernov, the modern cost accountant? Explain the contrasts.
Essay Topic 3
It is interesting to see what transpires during the meal Kuriatin has invited Frank to have with him at Rusalochka's tearoom. What are the two apparent motives Kuriatin has for taking Frank out? What effect does the brief appearance of Selwyn, and his spurning Kuriatin's invitation to join the pair, have upon Kuriatin? What is the outcome of this event and its significance?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)