|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual Frank finds at work after hours do upon being surprised?
2. What are Dolly and Ben doing when Frank arrives home following the after hours incident at Reid Press?
3. Frank is told the Defense Ministry is making him responsible for the burglar to Reid Press, Vladimir Semyonich Grigoriev, and what?
4. While Charlie is out with Bernov and Kuriatin in the latter's Wolseley car, Frank receives what at his office?
5. On what night at the dacha is Dolly awakened by the slight noise of a door opening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary objective Charlie seeks in coming to Moscow? In what ways does Charlie attempt to achieve this goal? Once he departs in his return to Norbury, how do Frank and his children feel?
Essay Topic 2
Critical in Chapter 12 are the feelings Frank has toward Lisa. How does Penelope Fitzgerald accomplish revealing the state Frank finds himself in? What is the capability Frank has in recognizing and dealing with his instinctive emotions?
Essay Topic 3
In the first chapter Penelope Fitzgerald introduces the reader to a number of important characters. Who is Nellie Reid? How does the story center on her? Who is Frank Reid? What does he do in the first chapter? How does Selwyn Crane come into the story? What role does he play? What member of the Reid household is Toma?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)