|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the service for the patron saint of printing, Frank finds Tvyordor doing what?
(a) Talking with the No. 2 and No. 3 compositors.
(b) Finishing his work.
(c) Cleaning his work area.
(d) Packing his tools.
2. What message does Frank send Tvyordov the morning after the break-in at the shop?
(a) He has the morning off, but no pay.
(b) He has the morning off with pay.
(c) He has the day off with pay.
(d) He has the day off, but no pay.
3. Selwyn makes a philosophical comment to Frank in Chapter 26 about the two sides of man's nature, leading up to their discussing whom?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
4. On the day Charlie leaves, at the evening meal, what does Dolly say?
(a) Uncle Charlie kept trying to get her to return to Norbury.
(b) Neither she nor Lisa will likely ever marry.
(c) She is looking forward to the dacha.
(d) She is glad Uncle Charlie is gone, she was afraid of him.
5. On Palm Sunday, Lisa takes the children where, with Frank saying he shall join them later?
(a) To worship services.
(b) To feed the ducks at the lake.
(c) To look at the flowers.
(d) Out to view the crowds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The notice releasing Frank of responsibility for Volodya goes on to say there is no further objection to his leaving Russia, and what else?
2. Mrs. Graham disapproves of Lisa's presence in Frank's home and so many men impressed with her beauty, accusing all men of what?
3. Dolly offers that Uncle Charlie should be leaving soon as he had not brought her mother back, and what else?
4. In Chapter 24, why is it the staff begins packing as though the children will be gone for months rather than a few days?
5. The night prior to Charlie leaving, when he suggests Lisa accompany him with the children en route home to ease Frank's mind, Frank asks what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)