|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police leave the scene?
(a) The police doubt the night watchman.
(b) The policeman doubts Selwyn stating a book was missing.
(c) Frank slips them a small bribe.
(d) Frank casts doubt on whether the night watchman saw anything.
2. What does Frank purchase Volodya as they walk away from the Defense Ministry?
(a) Pine cones.
(b) Pussy-willow branches.
(c) Palm leaves.
3. The night prior to Charlie leaving, when he suggests Lisa accompany him with the children en route home to ease Frank's mind, Frank asks what?
(a) If Nellie will meet them.
(b) If he has asked her.
(c) Why does he think the children should leave.
(d) Who will take care of the children in Norbury.
4. At tea at Selwyn's with Charlie, Dolly suddenly states, "Uncle Charlie wants to take us back with him to Norbury," and also adds what?
(a) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of winter."
(b) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of spring."
(c) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of summer."
(d) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of autumn."
5. What is Frank's response to Lisa's reply upon being told to answer Ben's question about how it was easier for women than a decade ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do when he spots Lisa and the children across the square on Palm Sunday?
2. One day before Palm Sunday, Lisa surprises Frank by asking what?
3. What are Dolly and Ben doing when Frank arrives home following the after hours incident at Reid Press?
4. Before Frank goes to his dacha to collect Lisa and his children, why does he get a Defense Ministry notice releasing him of responsibility for Volodya?
5. Dolly offers that Uncle Charlie should be leaving soon as he had not brought her mother back, and what else?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)